Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by crazzle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi everyone, my father has just bought a Hollywood heat machine that was working perfectly for a couple weeks. We noticed a few of the bulbs were burnt out so we decided to see if we could fix them. After replacing a couple, the machine no will no longer deploy balls when starting the game. We have checked the connections and they all seem fine. We have also run the machine through the test function, and during the test of the Solenoid, the balls deploy as though there is nothing wrong. But the moment we start a game, the machine makes the sound like it wants to deploy the balls but makes no effort to actually deploy them. It is very puzzling, test mode makes it seem like there is nothing wrong with the switch, but the moment we go to play...nothing.

Any help or insight into this would be amazing. It is his first machine in a long time and it is quite sad that it is no longer working after owning it for such a short time.

#2 3 years ago

Check the wires on the coil that launches the balls to the shooter lane. And test that coil in coil test.
Do all the other coils work in coil test? If not, check fuses.

#3 3 years ago

What would I use/do in order to test the coil?
The coil seems to work fine otherwise. The test function shows that it works, but only in test mode and not in game mode.

#4 3 years ago

Do all the switches in the ball trough register?

If the game thinks a ball is missing it won't start.

#5 3 years ago

One other thing you could check is you didn't accidentally bend closed the slam tilt switches under the playfield. Or on the coindoor

4 months later
#6 2 years ago

I know, old thread, but did you figure this out? I just solved a very similar issue on mine. Solenoid test would fire the kicker, but did nothing during a game. The switch test showed several switches stuck open. It turned out to be a 7400 on the MPU. I could check the schematic if you haven't solved it.

1 year later
#7 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I know, old thread, but did you figure this out? I just solved a very similar issue on mine. Solenoid test would fire the kicker, but did nothing during a game. The switch test showed several switches stuck open. It turned out to be a 7400 on the MPU. I could check the schematic if you haven't solved it.

Sorry to rehash but my friend is having the same issue. The second ball lock is not registering as well as the kicker not firing like you mentioned here. Do you recall what you had to replace on the board to get your issue fixed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-not-deploying-balls- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.