View topic image gallery

F72CB160-CA2E-43AD-BEAE-FD4F1755EB7B (resized).jpeg
9B1D4CA4-FBB1-4A87-8B61-A1F8EC4A878C (resized).jpeg
F1C820EC-8AB8-4C1F-9C32-0C06A6D7F824 (resized).jpeg
miami_vice_by_gigante87-d5yrnyy (resized).png
196284_10150230596175281_3368947_n.jpg
null_zps4d50abd9.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I saw a photo a while back of a Hollywood Heat at an expo that had a custom "Miami Vice" translite. Was this a custom job, or is there a place to purchase this? I would really love to swap my current, faded HH translite to the awesome Miami Vice one. Let me know if you know a source. Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

That was a custom translite done by mikeatsparkys in Orlando. http://www.villagebbs.com/forum/index.php/topic,20233.msg169569.html#msg169569

#3 10 years ago

That's cool! I would be interested in one!

#4 10 years ago

+1. I'd be in for one too.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks for the lead.

#6 10 years ago

Hey all. Yeah, that's me. PM me and I'll shoot you over a download link to the print ready art. Here's a pic of it.

null_zps4d50abd9.jpgnull_zps4d50abd9.jpg
#7 10 years ago

You should make a post about what you are doing with another Hollywood Heat.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

You should make a post about what you are doing with another Hollywood Heat.

Ha! Maybe I will. Expect a new thread to start this evening

#9 10 years ago

I've got a custom painted translite for Hollywood Heat as well...
196284_10150230596175281_3368947_n.jpg196284_10150230596175281_3368947_n.jpg

#10 10 years ago

That is rad as hell. Did you paint that yourself?

#11 10 years ago

I got it out of a company in Chicago that had it painted to replace the original. It hand painted by one of artists at the company.

#12 10 years ago

NICE !

#13 10 years ago

GTA Vice City would be a cool backglass as well.

1 month later
#14 10 years ago

Has anyone had one printed yet? I'd love to see how yours turned out.

#15 10 years ago

Guys, the chick on the right was really hot! It totally went with the over all cheese look of this pin, which for it's time, was a very good machine.

#16 10 years ago

Mike, your machine looks awesome! Really pulls the 80's cheese together!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Mike, your machine looks awesome! Really pulls the 80's cheese together!

Haha thanks! I amped it up with the teal powder coat job. No need to be subtle with a HH.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from mikeatsparkys:

Hey all. Yeah, that's me. PM me and I'll shoot you over a download link to the print ready art. Here's a pic of it.

null_zps4d50abd9.jpg 169 KB

I need to find a Hollywood Heat and do that to it. If you ever want to sell let me know. looks fantastic.

#19 10 years ago

I have a Hollywood Heat in great shape all around, especially the minty translite
My HH is really up for sale if anyone is interested; pm me.

4 months later
#20 9 years ago

Anyway to get the images of the translites? If not, how much would it cost to get one?

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from root:

Anyway to get the images of the translites? If not, how much would it cost to get one?

See mikeatsparkys post above.

Quoted from mikeatsparkys:

#22 9 years ago

its a shame these post just die out before being answered. Still looking for Hollywood Heat translite

ninjedi, wish I could get my hands on one of those custom translites...

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from davidngreer:

its a shame these post just die out before being answered. Still looking for Hollywood Heat translite
ninjedi, wish I could get my hands on one of those custom translites...

The OP's question about the Miami Vice translite is answered in this thread (here's a link to the specific post: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-miami-vice-translite#post-1363293). If you decide to go forward and print out the image after you've got it, there are a number of threads on pinside where people talk about options for printing translites.

If you're looking for a copy of ninjedi's translite you'll probably want to contact him directly since he says he had it custom painted.

#24 9 years ago

Yep, happy to still send anyone that file. Just had a couple more inquiries.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

GTA Vice City would be a cool backglass as well.

If I had this machine, this is exactly the way I would go with it.

4 months later
#26 9 years ago

Just sent you a message Mike. Please send it to me.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from ninjedi:

I've got a custom painted translite for Hollywood Heat as well...

196284_10150230596175281_3368947... 62 KB

That's looks like something out of a Daniel Clowes comic. I love it!

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

That's looks like something out of a Daniel Clowes comic. I love it!

This is wayyy off topic, but how bad ass would an all Daniel clowes art pin be? If I was a billionaire I would sand down some old beat up EM and commission him to paint whatever he wants on it.

#29 9 years ago

The original is not so bad. The chick on the left makes it ok with me Crack whore on right, meh, I guess there is a reason she was axed from the menage a trois.

#30 9 years ago

I had a Hollywood Heat and the original was pretty bad. An art rendering of the same image would have been better.

2 years later
#31 6 years ago

Well, i made one myself for my own Hollywood Heat mod plans (just gotta get hold of the game first LOL)

miami_vice_by_gigante87-d5yrnyy (resized).pngmiami_vice_by_gigante87-d5yrnyy (resized).png

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Well, i amde one myself for my own Hollywood Heat mod plans (just gotta get hold of the game first LOL)

Make one for me!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Well, i amde one myself for my own Hollywood Heat mod plans (just gotta get hold of the game first LOL)

Nice. I just played this recently and I liked it. We recently had one for sale locally and I didn't get it; now I wish I had.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

Nice. I just played this recently and I liked it. We recently had one for sale locally and I didn't get it; now I wish I had.

I sniffed one out here aswell, but it is still unsure if the owners wants to sell it, so im going for a trade deal, as soon as i get something good to trade him with (which should be this summer).

Quoted from Rondogg:

Make one for me!

Haha, just use mine.

4 years later
#35 2 years ago

hey all anyone still active on this thread that happens to have the original image? i tried PMing mikeatsparkys but no reply

#36 2 years ago

Yeah want to update my machine also! So be happy to buy a translite

#37 2 years ago

I would still like to find one also.

1 week later
#38 2 years ago

i used the 1 that luzur posted

9B1D4CA4-FBB1-4A87-8B61-A1F8EC4A878C (resized).jpeg9B1D4CA4-FBB1-4A87-8B61-A1F8EC4A878C (resized).jpegF1C820EC-8AB8-4C1F-9C32-0C06A6D7F824 (resized).jpegF1C820EC-8AB8-4C1F-9C32-0C06A6D7F824 (resized).jpegF72CB160-CA2E-43AD-BEAE-FD4F1755EB7B (resized).jpegF72CB160-CA2E-43AD-BEAE-FD4F1755EB7B (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-miami-vice-translite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.