Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by erak
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hoping someone can help me troubleshoot my Hollywood heat.

The 6 lights in center of playfield. They are number L14-16 in the schematic.

All 6 are not working and all fuses, solder connections etc... look good.

They don't light during lamp test or relay solenoid test.

Everything else is working properly, any suggestions? I'm not even sure if they are flashers or not, haven't worked since I received machine but they did work for previous owner at one point.

Thanks for any help!

#2 7 years ago

Are they the big lamps in the center inserts?

Or the ones that say pinball?

If they are the big inserts they are flashers.
There is I big resistor board under the playfield to the left of the inserts. The resistors there could burn up as they get real hot.
The bulbs themselves get real hot and burn out quickly. Also someone might have mistakenly put in the wrong bulbs. If they are good the transistor that controls them could have gone bad.

If it's the "pin ball" inserts they are cpu controlled lamps.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Are they the big lamps in the center inserts?
Or the ones that say pinball?
If they are the big inserts they are flashers.
There is I big resistor board under the playfield to the left of the inserts. The resistors there could burn up as they get real hot.
The bulbs themselves get real hot and burn out quickly. Also someone might have mistakenly put in the wrong bulbs. If they are good the transistor that controls them could have gone bad.
If it's the "pin ball" inserts they are cpu controlled lamps.

It's the 6 above the word pinball.

The previous owner upgraded these bulbs to a flat led bulb. Just seems odd that all 6 are out.

I don't have any spare bulbs on hand at the moment but how would I test the transistor to rule that out?

Just to make sure I understand, this transistor is to the left of these lights correct?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It's the 6 above the word pinball.
The previous owner upgraded these bulbs to a flat led bulb. Just seems odd that all 6 are out.
I don't have any spare bulbs on hand at the moment but how would I test the transistor to rule that out?
Just to make sure I understand, this transistor is to the left of these lights correct?

Those bulbs are supposed to be flash lamps.
They burn out often. And if the previous owner put in the wrong bulb type that's why they are burned out.

The transistor that controls those lamps is in the blackbox on the circuit board.
The resistors associated with those lamps are to the left under the playfield. On a brown circuit board.

More than likely they are just burned out. Because of the wrong bulb type.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-lighting-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.