Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by erak
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi..brand new to pinball fixit hobby, I have acquired a 1986 Hollywood Heat, great game, $75 fairly good condition, wasn't working at all, replaced all fuses with new, and correct ones, new battery on MPU, cleaned it up, had a backglass backlit transparent film made, not like original...but I like it better... got most all lamps working, but still can't get right drop target bank to work, and if I manual reset they still don't register points, changed solenoid, jumped it and it fires, left upper bank works fine, it has an insync feature with left drop bank, but nothing works at all on right.....all lights work in test mode, but right bank reset doesn't fire, changed driver board, and now the fuse blows on startup, unless I unplug right drop target bank....Sorry, trying to give all the info I have, and I'm new at this hobby....any idea what to look at? My brain says voltage regulator, and I can see two of the old ones had burned the wood,....but.... I don't know, and bad idea to just keep replacing parts....fuses don't blow when I put old driver board back in, but right bank still doesn't work, test mode says Switch matrix 40 and 60 closed, solenoid test doesn't fire solenoid reset, I hear nothing when testing solenoid 3,6,8, and schematic shows that bank is solenoid 6, but left and right targets will drop in unison under test mode....Thank you for any help....
Jeff

#2 5 years ago

Smoking deal on the game!

Do you have the manual?

Are you getting the correct power to each board? For coils that do not fire, have you tested the transistor?

I haven’t had a sys80B board set game so not sure if they have an under pf drive transistor as well.

#3 5 years ago

If it's blowing the fuse on your known working board. That coil could be bad. Or if there is supposed to be a diode on it, it is bad/broken?

Transistor on old board is probably bad. And fried the coil. New board fuse blows because of bad coil. Good transistor.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-gottlieb?hl=erak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.