Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Hi all

I'm trying to fix up a Hollywood Heat. Gottleib System 80B

I got everything working except for the 2 flashers located at L15. They are both out and cant figure out why. All other flashers that are there work perfectly fine.

What are some tests I can run to check why this isn't working? Is this something on the AUX lamp driver board? The solder joints to the lamp sockets all look good

Any details instructions you can suggest on how to test what is wrong would be greatly appreciated. This is the only issue left to solve and it is complete.

Thank you for the help in advance

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).png
#2 5 years ago

Anyone?

#3 5 years ago

My Raven has a flasher (not an insert) under the ramp exit that went out. In the playfield lamp/switch assignment schematic, it's labeled solenoid 7. In the driver board schematic, it shows solenoid 7 driven by Q56. Sure enough, it has cracked solder. Could be something like that.

#4 5 years ago

Q1-4 are the 2N5879 transistors mounted under the playfield along the right side one of them may be bad. The playfield schematic refers to them as lightning bolts 1-3. There are resistors for them mounted somewhere also.

#5 5 years ago

I just picked up a Hollywood Heat myself and I've been working through some lamp issues with mine. One of the bad lamps on mine turned out to be a bad solder connection on a lamp socket, even though it looked fine. I found it by testing for continuity with a multimeter.

Since both L15 lamps aren't working on your machine, it's most likely something else that's in common with both lamps. I would start by checking the 4 ohm resistor, R8. The resistors are mounted on a terminal strip on the bottom side of the playfield on the left side. They are 7 watt resistors and fairly large (about 2" long). There isn't any reference numbers marked on them so you'll have to locate the correct one using the wire color or checking continuity. It could also be a bad lamp driver transistor, Q3, or a problem on the driver board.

Have you seen the two lamps marked L13 (underneath the ramp) light up? I've checked everything out in the circuit and the lamps and wiring are all good, but I have never seen those lamps turn on. The interesting thing is that when I enter the lamp test mode and step through the lamps one at a time, it skips right over L13.

Let me know what you find. I'll be glad to help out however I can.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-flasher-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.