Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by supermoot
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Image 4 (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

I have a Hollywood Heat, that I am having an issue with.

I searched the forum, and found some help but not exactly what I have going on. If I missed something please point me to the correct forum thread.

I have had a Hollywood Heat now for a few years, with very little issues I couldn't take care of myself.

However, the Right Lower drop targets are not working properly.

They reset at the beginning of the ball, but do not score. They were working previously, but quit in the middle of a game.

I tested each drop on that bank, and none are scoring.

I am still looking at the schematics, but any help would be appreciated!

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bull:

I am still looking at the schematics

?? are you looking for the schematics? I have a PDF if you message your email addy.

#3 4 years ago

boscokid, I do have the schematics, I was following them last night, but I have not yet found the common thread to why none of the drops would score. I can see each individual one, but not why all would stop at once.

I was looking for a possible common ground, but can not find that either.

I have a strong background in electronics, but it has been years since I have used most of my knowledge.

10 years ago, I am sure I would have this taken care of in a few minutes!

Thanks for any help!

#4 4 years ago

Did you check the switches for those drop targets?When a drop target gets hit with a ball it drops down and activates a switch

#5 4 years ago

The drop targets have connector A9 attached I would check that - maybe plug/unplug a few times. Check wiring too.

Does the right flipper lane change work?

Does the shooter rollover switch work?

If none of the Right Drop target switches score I would also suspect A1J6-11

Image 4 (resized).pngImage 4 (resized).png
    #6 4 years ago

Thanks Woz! I am going to look at that shortly, and now that you pointed it out I can see how all could be related!

I am looking at the manual and schematics as we speak.

Thanks for giving me a place to start! I will let you know if this was it or not!

#7 4 years ago

So far no luck.

Woz yes the right flipper lane change and rollover are working, I reseated all the connectors you suggested and a few others I found on my way.

I also checked all of the grounds I could find.

I am confused.

If it was one switch it would be simple but all 3 at the same time has to be a common circuit.

Also don’t know if this helps but it started during a multi ball with the in sync mode?

Is there anything in that circuitry that could be part of the issue???

Thanks for any help again!

#8 4 years ago

maybe one of the daisy-chained wires is broken? Check continuity through the daisy-chained columns and rows.

#9 4 years ago

What happens when you go into switch test? Are the switches detected?

#10 4 years ago

Woz, the switches are not showing that they are closing, however switch 76, the trough switch is showing closed, which it is not at this point. I am looking at is as I am typing this. Thank you for all you help so far. Maybe it is something with 76???

#11 4 years ago

Supermoot, I am also going to test that now also! Thank you for the suggestions!!!

4 weeks later
    #12 4 years ago

Any help appreciated!

I have not be able to get back to this problems since last night.

Could not find any problems, tested all of the ground wires, checked everything listed above, including everything WOZ, Supermoot, and my schematics.

Decided just to play a game even though the right drops were not working, and in the middle of a game, the machine shut down and started to make a weird, almost, tapping noise.

Unplugged it, tried again, played for a min, and back to the same odd noise.

unplugged went to bed and that was that!

Going to do some searches online, but any help would be awesome!

#13 4 years ago

Quick update after being unplugged all night, plugged it in, display will come on for a few second sound tries to start, everything resets, then back to same situation with the odd speaker noise, and the game shuts down.

Confused

#14 4 years ago

Have you done all the ground mods and such? Power supply gone over? Daughterboard reflown, etc?
    https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-drop-targets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.