IMG_9786 (resized).jpg
IMG_9785 (resized).jpg
IMG_9784 (resized).jpg
IMG_9782 (resized).jpg
IMG_9783 (resized).jpg
IMG_9779 (resized).jpg
IMG_9781 (resized).jpg
IMG_9780 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quantumjosh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 months ago

hey there - can't believe i found this thread, I must have inadvertently bought your broken hollywood heat from the dealer you sold it to.. he told me he had just shopped it and unfortunately i didnt play it long enough to figure out that it had this catastrophic issue.
YeOldPinPlayer: he said he just replaced the MPU and as far as I can tell its brand new.. youre recommending a switch test to rule out that theres nothing wrong with the MPU circuitry but this a brand new MPU what could be wrong with it?
Trying to follow the instructions you linked to but its so technical I can't even figure out what to do.. "Using a short length of wire, short each column drive to each row return, one at a time" huh? and then "A single switch closure should be shown as each connection is made." shown where? on the alphanumeric display?
The test is a little complicated is there a video someone can link of someone doing this test so that I can follow it?

Raidersshane2: Question, did you replace the MPU to try and fix this issue or did you replace it for another reason? You said the technician worked on the bumper bay and left it messed up. Well was it working in between replacing the MPU and the technician looking at it? Trying to rule out if its the MPU without having to go through this switch test and if the tech messed it up working on it almost sounds like maybe he cut a wire or something.

I just took these photos because I was about to start a new thread before I saw this one. I see theyre a little blurry so I'll get some more. Any input from any of you pinball geniuses would be super appreciative!!

IMG_9779 (resized).jpgIMG_9780 (resized).jpgIMG_9781 (resized).jpgIMG_9782 (resized).jpgIMG_9783 (resized).jpg
#5 4 months ago

great videos but too complicated for me :O i dont have an electrical background so unfortunately they're over my head so I dont trust my ability to find the offending diode.

Question: could I just replace or refurbish that whole drop target assembly? Once I disconnect the harness for the assembly the game works fine, minus the drop targets of course

i took some more photos of the switches on the drop target assembly. the last target in the line up sticks on the playfield takes a couple hits to knock it down i wonder if that might be part of the problem

IMG_9784 (resized).jpgIMG_9785 (resized).jpgIMG_9786 (resized).jpgIMG_9787 (resized).jpgIMG_9788 (resized).jpgIMG_9790 (resized).jpgIMG_9792 (resized).jpg
#7 4 months ago

So I pulled out the drop target assembly and snapped this photo - there is a wire missing here right?? its not supposed to be just the first two linked? assuming thats my issue what next? where can I get that little insulated piece of wire? I have a soldering iron already

IMG_9854 (resized).jpegIMG_9855 (resized).jpeg
#8 4 months ago

nevermind that was not the answer.. checked the top target and its the same. ill ask around locally thanks

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quantumjosh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside