Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by gdonovan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I have bought a Gottlieb system 80b Hollywood Heat. Still fighting to get it to work...
When I start the game, the display flash shortly and you read the text for a split second - the same reaction when i put the display in my Genesis pinball.
Is the display dead, or do i need to replace a part?
Any help outthere?
Brian

1 week later
#2 4 years ago

Any help out there?
Brian

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from United555:

Any help out there?
Brian

Its a fairly simple board- I'd check out the resistors and diodes on the board with a meter to make sure all is in spec, one of the larger resistors is known for burning up, I see them replaced all the time. Can't hurt to replace the large cap on the board, cheap. I doubt it is the display driver chips as one drives the upper and the other drives the lower.

You are actually seeing text on the display for a brief period so the displays themselves are not outgassed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-display?hl=united555 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.