IMG-20221010-WA0000 (resized).jpg
2023-09-12 20.29.32 (resized).jpg
E3CE37DF-94A8-43DA-AD1D-26FC789C9A43 (resized).jpeg
Finished Pinball -16 (resized).jpg
Finished Pinball -15 (resized).jpg
Finished Pinball -13 (resized).jpg
Finished Pinball -11 (resized).jpg
Finished Pinball -10 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Luzur.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 6 years ago

I really want to join this club, but here in Sweden the Gottliebs are kinda hard to find. And being a huge Miami Vice fan since being a kid in the 80's im hooked on the theme.

Took me alot of effort to hunt down my Gottlieb Arena...

5 months later
#80 6 years ago

I made a Miami Vice translite for HH (in preperation fro my own pin) which is freeware if anyone wants it.

#82 6 years ago

Im at work atm, but ill put one up as soon as i get home

#83 6 years ago

Now, this backglass was made by me for my own HH plans though, so its not like pro edition.

MI (resized).jpgMI (resized).jpg

5 months later
#85 6 years ago

So, it finally happened, im hammering on a deal with a HH, but the owner said its sunbleached on the cab and the translite is faded beyond normal, so i was thinking i might "fix 'er up" abit in my own agenda:

UMn5l (resized).jpgUMn5l (resized).jpg

Although, you guys think this is too much 1980's?

5 months later
#96 5 years ago

Finally joined the gang now:

IMG_20180919_225140 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_225140 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_225210 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_225210 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_225221 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_225221 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#101 5 years ago

Well, got my translite installed now, came out great.

IMG_20181026_170612 (resized).jpgIMG_20181026_170612 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#105 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

So I commissioned a proof of concept on Fiverr. I think I should have it finished[quoted image]

Looks good, but abit...unpopulated? Funny enough i also had some Patrick Nagel plans for my HH, but on the playfield.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I'm thinking of adding a palm tree silhouette and moving the figures right and making them bigger. I've got a couple tweaks to make it more Nagel too

Im planning to add one of Nagel's girls (leaning towards the one from the Rio album) in the left lower corner, continuing the plastic down from the Hotshot part (where it abruply ends) and have her cover the outhole abit, and with a big maybe, add in some stylized palmtrees here and there, if i can find somewhere for them to fit.

IMG_20181004_164830 (resized).jpgIMG_20181004_164830 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#110 5 years ago

Try it against a bright light before you do any transliting.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

yeah looking for best practices on this.
Adding a little color to the building should help too[quoted image]
UGH Gimp 2 has a nasty export. The PSD doesn't look like that around the logo

I had to do some research before i sent my translite to the printershop, first version came out almost like a white light thanks to my HH having a LED tube installed LOL, had to darken the colors abit before i got it right.

I suspect your translite will light up a whole room as it is now, since its very bright with bright colors and lots of white.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

Can't believe I've missed this thread. Here's mine. I also have the other custom translite it came with, if anyone's interested.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What the heck! hahaha looks like someone else had the same idea as me with Miami Vice translite!

1 year later
#167 3 years ago

Ill try and post here since i suspect my post in the Gottlieb thread keeps "drowning in the flood" LOL

"Ok, i got this weird ROM problem, after i did some romchip juggling (to test MPU board from a Goldwings) my comrade managed to put int he ROM2 chip in backwards in my Hollywood Heat MPU, which we all know pops the chip dead, so i got the "Missing ROM2" message after booting HH up, and i figured i do a quick reburn a new ROM2 with a brand new chip, and now the "Missing ROM2" message is gone, but the game doesnt boot anymore, it lights up the backbox and a load of lamps on the playfield and also have a section of attractmode going (Extra ball and Bonus multiplier strips) but nothing more, even with the quick ON/OFF trick. did i burn the romchip wrong? faulty but brand new chip? is there some trick to burning Gottlieb roms? i used the modded "free credits" Roms you can get from flipprojets.fr and changed the dipswitches to match."

I checked the volts and the soldering on the chip socket and everything is fine in that regard.

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from mrmark0673:

Anyone ever touch up the paint on the cab? I'd be interested in hearing colors and method suggestions.
Also, was thinking about repainting the side rails and lockdown bar as the black paint has largely worn off (as is the case for many HH). Anyone have any paint or method suggestions for that as well?

I did this to mine, since it had been sitting humid before i got it.

IMG_20181124_104843 (resized).jpgIMG_20181124_104843 (resized).jpgIMG_20181124_105334 (resized).jpgIMG_20181124_105334 (resized).jpg
#172 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisel:

The ROM goes into the piggyback board which is notorious for having a bad connection and horrible to repair. Could be a bad piggyback connection...

The ROM2 sits right on the board though, in a socket. You think it could be ROM1 even though it said "ROM2 missing" before i recoded it?

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisel:

The trouble spot with the piggyback board is it's connection under the piggyback pcb to the mpu. Tread lightly with this, it's easy to make this worse. It's a difficult place to repair.

Tell me about it, i always feared that error, and i know of that "home-made" fix for it, might have to look into that.

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from mrmark0673:

Anyone know the correct size rubber for this area? This game had rubbers that just dissolved to dust, so I can’t judge it against what was there before.
The manual says 1”, but there is ZERO shot that a 1” rubber is going to stretch that far. I’ve seen some images where a large rubber stretched all the way across, one with a large rubber and a mini post rubber on the end, and then one with what appears to be a 1” covering just the top two posts and nothing but bare metal for the bottom two (obviously wrong).
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Well My HH came with no rubber at all there and i never found any pic of any special rubber going on that spot so i did it like this, which works:

IMG_20200625_234755 (resized).jpgIMG_20200625_234755 (resized).jpg

Is there supposed to be any plastic there or soemthing? feels like there should be.

1 week later
#184 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

wires to the left

Huh, on my Gottliebs they are all to the right with the empty holes on the left?

2 months later
#195 3 years ago

The other variant with the smaller bikini looked sweeter, actually. Now she looks abit... "grannyish", but i guess thats ok aswell LOL

1 year later
#221 2 years ago
Quoted from Mtkst19:

While I'm by the machine- 2 more pics.
1. What am I missing by left drain hole?
2. Just a pic of the clear purple ramp jody makes.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ive been pondering on making some sort of plastic for the left drain, since it looks so unfinished

6 months later
#254 1 year ago
Quoted from crussell:

Thanks! Got some inspiration from some of the custom ones on here. I can dig up the file if anyone wants it.

We should make one big custom translite collection file for every one for this game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Luzur.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-club-meet-out-front-of-the-carlyle-hotel?tu=Luzur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.