IMG-20221010-WA0000 (resized).jpg
2023-09-12 20.29.32 (resized).jpg
E3CE37DF-94A8-43DA-AD1D-26FC789C9A43 (resized).jpeg
Finished Pinball -16 (resized).jpg
Finished Pinball -15 (resized).jpg
Finished Pinball -13 (resized).jpg
Finished Pinball -11 (resized).jpg
Finished Pinball -10 (resized).jpg
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 1 year ago
Quoted from crussell:

Thanks! Got some inspiration from some of the custom ones on here. I can dig up the file if anyone wants it.

that would be great if you don't mind sharing.

#252 1 year ago

Very generous of you. I would like the file to.

#253 1 year ago
Quoted from crussell:

Thanks! Got some inspiration from some of the custom ones on here. I can dig up the file if anyone wants it.

I'll take the file

#254 1 year ago
Quoted from crussell:

We should make one big custom translite collection file for every one for this game

1 week later
#255 1 year ago

New translite from @pinstein, what a difference! This really pops compared to the original translite.

B2674263-20D1-439D-915F-E43850649830 (resized).jpegB2674263-20D1-439D-915F-E43850649830 (resized).jpeg
#256 1 year ago

That's the best alt translite I have seen for Hollywood Heat so far

1 week later
#257 1 year ago

My game locked on and I didn’t realize it for about an hour, now when you play it randomly shows stars in the displays and you can barely play a game. I think it’s automatically slam tilting?

It sits in attract just fine.

The upper lane change is also barely working. If you spam the flippers it may advance once. Any suggestions on where to look?

#258 1 year ago

The lane change switch is on the eos on the lower right flipper. Maybe noodle around in switch test and make sure the matrix is happy. Be careful its just a tiny piece of fish paper keeping flipper voltage out of the matrix. There is tons of 80b slam tilt info out there, google around a bit. Make sure they are making good closed connections.

#259 1 year ago
Quoted from supermoot:

The lane change switch is on the eos on the lower right flipper. Maybe noodle around in switch test and make sure the matrix is happy. Be careful its just a tiny piece of fish paper keeping flipper voltage out of the matrix. There is tons of 80b slam tilt info out there, google around a bit. Make sure they are making good closed connections.

I reflowed solder and it’s fixed. However, the machine locks up every hour or so, and I have it ready for location play. Any suggestions where to find someone to rebuild it?

I will check the EOS. Must be barely making at times and that’s why if you flip it enough it actually works.

2 weeks later
#260 1 year ago

Been trying to track down an issue with Hollywood, wanted to see if you guys have any thoughts.

Wasn’t getting 5v to the power supply board, so send poking around the power supply in the cabinet. Reseated a few connectors and pulled the main fuses. To take a look. All seems ok. But now I am getting nothing when I try to turn it on. Not sure where to start.

Thanks,
Chad

3 weeks later
#261 1 year ago

Throwing this out there again...

does anyone have a scan or can take one of the plastic that goes around the pop bumper/ramp? Half of mine is missing and I'm working on a little project here and could really use scans/pics of that plastic.

Thanks

1 month later
#262 1 year ago

Not as detailed as other re-themes out there, but finally finished my Back to the Future re-theme! It's my first and only machine I got a couple years ago, really happy with how it turned out!

Finished Pinball -01 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -01 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -04 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -04 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -05 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -05 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -06 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -06 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -08 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -08 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -09 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -09 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -10 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -10 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -11 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -11 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -13 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -13 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -15 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -15 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -16 (resized).jpgFinished Pinball -16 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#263 1 year ago

Hello all I have acquired a Hollywood heat project to add to my collection. Does anyone on here have a set of roms in a folder that can be sent to me. I have a burner just can’t seem to find the software? Pm me if possible please and thank you all!

E3CE37DF-94A8-43DA-AD1D-26FC789C9A43 (resized).jpegE3CE37DF-94A8-43DA-AD1D-26FC789C9A43 (resized).jpeg
7 months later
#265 9 months ago

Never to late to join this club. Never.

Anyone have a teal suit they may have outgrown?

1 month later
#266 7 months ago

The journey begins ...

2023-09-12 20.29.32 (resized).jpg2023-09-12 20.29.32 (resized).jpg
#268 7 months ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

The journey begins ...
[quoted image]

Are you doing a playfield swap???

#269 7 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Are you doing a playfield swap???

It's a scratch build.
I got hold of a beaten up, partially populated playfield which I have done some touchups on and got clearcoated.
I have assembled all missing parts (I think).
So now I'll have to build a cabinet and backbox, repopulate the playfield, splice the missing cables (they were cut at the end of the playfield) and attach new connectors etc. etc.
It's not going to be a collectors item or anything, but it's great fun!

IMG-20221010-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20221010-WA0000 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#270 6 months ago

Well .. this is gonna be fun to sort out

2023-10-16 20.58.11 (resized).jpg2023-10-16 20.58.11 (resized).jpg
#271 6 months ago

Had an arcade close down about an hour from me a couple months back. They were selling off about 50 pinball machines, but this one just jumped out to me and I had to get it. It needs some more love, but as of now I re did all of the lights in added the cyan and purple theme. Got the game fixed and worked all except for the left bumper doesn't move the 1, 2 and 3 lights at the top. The right bumper works for moving the lights. Weirdly enough idk what happened to the original translite, but I like the archer one that the arcade replaced it with.

20231018_220745 (resized).jpg20231018_220745 (resized).jpg20231018_220756 (resized).jpg20231018_220756 (resized).jpg20231018_220808 (resized).jpg20231018_220808 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#272 5 months ago

Getting closer ...

20231111_081343 (resized).jpg20231111_081343 (resized).jpg
#273 5 months ago

It's alive!

2023-11-11 09.44.03 (resized).jpg2023-11-11 09.44.03 (resized).jpg
#274 5 months ago

Anyone know if/where I would be able to nice Hollywood heat playfield scan image? This is for a personal restoration project.

#275 5 months ago

I'm missing these plastics for my game. If you have them and would be willing to sell - or if you have a scan of them - please send me a message

large (1) (resized).jpglarge (1) (resized).jpg
#276 5 months ago

Curious about a couple things recently posted:

FavoriteRegret mentioned only his right bumper moves the 1,2,3 lights at the top. Is this a dip setting? I can only control changing those with the right flipper.

Zigzagzag posted a picture of a 'double add a letter when lit' plastic. Where does this go and is it also a dip setting? I don't have this and have never noticed my letters advancing by 2

#277 5 months ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

I'm missing these plastics for my game. If you have them and would be willing to sell - or if you have a scan of them - please send me a message
[quoted image]

Double Add a letter does appear on any Hollywood Heat nor the flyer, anywhere. It does not go to this game, unless it’s a promo plastic.

#278 5 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Double Add a letter does appear on any Hollywood Heat nor the flyer, anywhere. It does not go to this game, unless it’s a promo plastic.

You're probably right - I just went with the image i downloaded from Marco's.
The main thing is that I am missing the transparent plastics.

#279 5 months ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

You're probably right - I just went with the image i downloaded from Marco's.
The main thing is that I am missing the transparent plastics.

Did you see this thread? Sounds like they probably aren’t what you are looking for. I wish the edges of the plastics showed up on his scans because I have some missing pieces that need replaced as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-miami-vice-decals

#280 5 months ago
Quoted from Nds777:

Did you see this thread? Sounds like they probably aren’t what you are looking for. I wish the edges of the plastics showed up on his scans because I have some missing pieces that need replaced as well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-miami-vice-decals

They are rethemed, I was hoping too keep it original - but thanks for the tip!

3 months later
#281 55 days ago

I’m in the club!
What translites are available to purchase? Mines messed up!

1 month later
#282 22 days ago

Probably a longshot but thought I would at least post here in the HH thread to see if anyone would be willing to assist.

I have a pinball friend who has asked me if I could produce a set of plastics for a retheme he is doing on a Hollywood Heat pin. Unfortunately, his game doesn't have any plastics. Someone sent him some scans, but it is missing pieces and even then a few scans are missing areas.

Therefore, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to scan all of the HH plastics for me? I realize that some pieces may be too large for a single scan, and those can be scanned as two images as long as there is some overlap so I can stitch them together in software. The pieces don't have to be perfect and I don't care about the quality of the art at all, as we'll be doing something completely different.

If you are willing to help, I would greatly appreciate it. I'd also be willing to offer you a set of my free HH apron cards as a small token of appreciation. I'm looking for scans of all HH plastics at 300dpi, so please PM me if you are willing to assist.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-club-meet-out-front-of-the-carlyle-hotel/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.