IMG-20221010-WA0000 (resized).jpg
2023-09-12 20.29.32 (resized).jpg
E3CE37DF-94A8-43DA-AD1D-26FC789C9A43 (resized).jpeg
Finished Pinball -16 (resized).jpg
Finished Pinball -15 (resized).jpg
Finished Pinball -13 (resized).jpg
Finished Pinball -11 (resized).jpg
Finished Pinball -10 (resized).jpg
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 3 years ago

While I'm by the machine- 2 more pics.

1. What am I missing by left drain hole?

2. Just a pic of the clear purple ramp jody makes.

20201205_170921 (resized).jpg20201205_170921 (resized).jpg20201205_170931 (resized).jpg20201205_170931 (resized).jpg
#202 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtkst19:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I look for the plastic later.

You’re actually not misssing anything for the left drain hole, that’s how it is

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtkst19:

This plastic here. Upper left corner[quoted image]

Ok I do have it, mines cracked in that spot but not broken and doesn’t look too bad, PM me if interested

0371CDB9-27FA-4A35-824A-033917DB6BBD (resized).jpeg0371CDB9-27FA-4A35-824A-033917DB6BBD (resized).jpegE10C44A2-82E5-406B-BA8B-AD94C8F049FA (resized).jpegE10C44A2-82E5-406B-BA8B-AD94C8F049FA (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#204 3 years ago

The fourm still active?

4 weeks later
#205 3 years ago

Hollywood Heat.
I know it gets bashed, but it is really fun to play. Mine came with the top part of the lower right sling cover missing, that goes up the right side a bit. I am looking for one. No go on seeing it reproduced from the companies that do that. I will attempt to make my own, but I have not been able to find an image to use to see what it looks like. If you have a spare that is collecting dust, I'd be interested. If you have pictures or a scan you could share, that would interest me too. Thanks! Hollywood Heat

#206 3 years ago

can you take a pic of what you need? I have a HH and a spare populated play field so I may have it

1 week later
#207 3 years ago

Anyone have an issue with the Multi Bonus resetting mid game? I just played a game where my end score was 18 million, and by my calculations my multi bonus should have been many millions but instead it was only 400k. I spent so much time in so many multiballs there is no way the bonus was only 400k, but I never look at the multi bonus while I play because obviously that's bad luck, so I guess I'll never know for sure, but is this a problem anyone else has seen or am I just mad I couldn't beat my GC score?

#208 3 years ago

Maybe you broke it with too many points Is the bonus countdown at end of game or end of each ball? I cannot remember. Short ball 3?

#209 3 years ago

My best guess after doing minor research is I actually did roll the Multi Bonus. I will test in the coming days but I believe the Multi Bonus maxes out at 9,999,999 and once it goes to roll over it restarts at 0 and does not carry over points. My highest Multi Bonus I have recorded is just shy of 10,000,000, I've never actually seen it go over. I will manually test it soon to try and figure it out because I really want to know lol.

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

can you take a pic of what you need? I have a HH and a spare populated play field so I may have it

Here is the one I am missing the top from. Sorry it took so long to reply. I found a picture and cleaned it up in Photoshop a little, so you can see the whole thing.

HH Plastic  (resized).jpgHH Plastic (resized).jpgIMG_6425 (resized).jpegIMG_6425 (resized).jpeg
#211 3 years ago
Quoted from Zap:

Here is the one I am missing the top from. Sorry it took so long to reply. I found a picture and cleaned it up in Photoshop a little, so you can see the whole thing.[quoted image][quoted image]

I also might have that, I’ll look tonight

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I also might have that, I’ll look tonight

Thanks, practicalsteve !

#213 3 years ago

Sorry mang, the one on the spare PF is broken
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

And the one in my machine is only slightly better.
I'd buy a repro if anyone makes one!

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Sorry mang, the one on the spare PF is broken
[quoted image]
And the one in my machine is only slightly better.
I'd buy a repro if anyone makes one!

More of it is there than not! I'd still be willing to buy it from you.

I was unable to find any repro ones available. I doubt it will be made available in the future.

Message me, if you're will to sell the broken one.

Thanks!

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from Zap:

Thanks, practicalsteve !

Mine is sadly not in the best shape either, but if it’s better you’re welcome to it

3B01678E-C4B9-4EDA-A65A-9E9794999FBC (resized).jpeg3B01678E-C4B9-4EDA-A65A-9E9794999FBC (resized).jpeg6A787C25-32BC-478B-B599-1CF8D218018F (resized).jpeg6A787C25-32BC-478B-B599-1CF8D218018F (resized).jpeg7894E134-5964-4A3A-BC74-396CB34F9864 (resized).jpeg7894E134-5964-4A3A-BC74-396CB34F9864 (resized).jpeg
#216 3 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Mine is sadly not in the best shape either, but if it’s better you’re welcome to it
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

parcticalsteve,

Yes. I would like it.

PM sent.

Thanks,

Zap

#217 3 years ago

Scan that at a high res and send it to me

9 months later
#218 2 years ago

Hey just picked up a Hollywood Heat that needs some love.

Definitely needs a new trans lite and plastics as the majority of them are in prices.

It’s probably been asked before but does anyone have any laying around or even scans would be helpful as they don’t look overly complicated to reproduce.

#219 2 years ago

I've scanned the bits and pieces of my broken plastic set...Is anyone able to provide a scan or at least a picture of the large plastic that sits around the pop bumper? I'm missing half of mine. haha

#220 2 years ago

I am looking for a copy of the game ROMs. Please PM me if you have the files to send.

EDIT - Found some.

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from Mtkst19:

Ive been pondering on making some sort of plastic for the left drain, since it looks so unfinished

3 weeks later
#222 2 years ago

Not sure if this is proper spot to post but I just searched Hollywood heat and found this post. Just finished custom topper and translite and happy with way it turned out. Wanted to share with people that may appreciate it.

1E2AFF40-ED50-4653-BFC0-E6DD869C3A39 (resized).jpeg1E2AFF40-ED50-4653-BFC0-E6DD869C3A39 (resized).jpegBC198B95-126A-41DD-B2E8-459039662FDE (resized).jpegBC198B95-126A-41DD-B2E8-459039662FDE (resized).jpeg
#223 2 years ago

Are those post lights? Great idea! looks rad!

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from Iliketofish:

Not sure if this is proper spot to post but I just searched Hollywood heat and found this post. Just finished custom topper and translite and happy with way it turned out. Wanted to share with people that may appreciate it.

That topper is awesome! How’d you make it?

#225 2 years ago

Ordered neon flamingo and palm tree off Amazon, found poster online, cut wood to fit poster. Found car on eBay. A little paint and strip lights and wiring and came out good I think.

#226 2 years ago

And yes on the post lights. From comet.
Thank you. I love this pin. A lot of fun for me and the family.

1 week later
#227 2 years ago
Quoted from Iliketofish:

Love the topper and translite. Do you by chance have the translite art work you can share?

#228 2 years ago

Thank you,
I don’t mind sharing at all. Email Scott at [email protected]. He should still have everything on file. Don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you need any more help.

1 week later
#229 2 years ago

Hello!
I just joined the club this week. I got it home and have been having a few electrical grimlins popping up, wanted to see if anyone had a thought. My guess is some of it is somehow related to the slam tilt. And I’m guessing some grounding issues.

- bottom display continually scrolling. Will sometimes settle down though. I saw on,I think, pin wiki. That this could be related to the slam.

-randomly ends games. It will randomly end a game, has happened when I started multiball, and finished a row of drop target. When this happens it will eject another ball, but act like a game isn’t started. Flippers/coils all still fire. And you can play. But if you lock a ball or drain it doesn’t continue. Flippers still work though

- randomly on start up or after sitting, it will completely bug out random noises. Game booting and rebooting. Everyone and then you can flip while it’s doing this..

This is my first 80B pin. Just wanted to see if anyone knows some common issues or places to start.

Thanks for the help!

#230 2 years ago
Quoted from crussell:

Hello!
I just joined the club this week. I got it home and have been having a few electrical grimlins popping up, wanted to see if anyone had a thought. My guess is some of it is somehow related to the slam tilt. And I’m guessing some grounding issues.
- bottom display continually scrolling. Will sometimes settle down though. I saw on,I think, pin wiki. That this could be related to the slam.
-randomly ends games. It will randomly end a game, has happened when I started multiball, and finished a row of drop target. When this happens it will eject another ball, but act like a game isn’t started. Flippers/coils all still fire. And you can play. But if you lock a ball or drain it doesn’t continue. Flippers still work though
- randomly on start up or after sitting, it will completely bug out random noises. Game booting and rebooting. Everyone and then you can flip while it’s doing this..
This is my first 80B pin. Just wanted to see if anyone knows some common issues or places to start.
Thanks for the help!

First place to start is the bottom cabinet ground mods. If your Machine has these plugs they cause a lot of random problems and need to be fixed like the second image I have attached.

Sys80B_Ground_Mod2 (resized).jpgSys80B_Ground_Mod2 (resized).jpgSys80B_Ground_Mod3 (resized).jpgSys80B_Ground_Mod3 (resized).jpg
#231 2 years ago
Quoted from joew575:

First place to start is the bottom cabinet ground mods. If your Machine has these plugs they cause a lot of random problems and need to be fixed like the second image I have attached.

Thanks! I actually had just stumbled across this on an TNT video that showed this as well. I am going to double check, but Im 90% sure i still have the plugs.

I think I am also going to give the Slam Tilt mod a try. The slam tilt is on the coin door, and i have noticed significantly less issues if i start a game with the coin door open.

Hopefully this solves it!

Thanks again,
Chad

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from crussell:

Thanks! I actually had just stumbled across this on an TNT video that showed this as well. I am going to double check, but Im 90% sure i still have the plugs.
I think I am also going to give the Slam Tilt mod a try. The slam tilt is on the coin door, and i have noticed significantly less issues if i start a game with the coin door open.
Hopefully this solves it!
Thanks again,
Chad

If the ground mods aren’t done definitely do them, fixed a lot of problems on mine

1 week later
#233 2 years ago

I’m having an issue with this game. The game boots up fine but when I press start nothing happens… but when I tilt the machine it adds a credit and sends me to the diagnostic page. It says that switch 1 2 11 12 21 22 31 32 41 42 51 52 61 62 71 72, is closed but I checked all switches and they are all open.

#234 2 years ago

Just picked up a Hollywood Heat. The game is missing the backglass (I have the translite). Does anyone got a lead on one?

#235 2 years ago
Quoted from joew575:

Alright. So I did made this ground mod. And put the ground cable in the small wire harness at the CPU. Overall I think it’s improved. Had it up and running for ~2 hours with no issues. Then it started slipping back away from me.

It’s almost like it’s cycling the test mode very quickly. Random noises, coils, switches, resets. Let it sit off for half the day. And haven’t had much luck since.

I’m going to start working through the rest of pinwiki ground mods, as these seem to at least be helping. But I figured I’d see if anyone else has any thoughts.

On another note. My bottom display continually scrolls, I read that could be cause (and other issues) by the slam tilt. I had some alligator clips and jumped it out ( via pinwiki) But no luck.

Thanks guys, I’ll get this up and running one day. Fun game when I can get it moving.

#236 2 years ago
Quoted from crussell:

Alright. So I did made this ground mod. And put the ground cable in the small wire harness at the CPU. Overall I think it’s improved. Had it up and running for ~2 hours with no issues. Then it started slipping back away from me.
It’s almost like it’s cycling the test mode very quickly. Random noises, coils, switches, resets. Let it sit off for half the day. And haven’t had much luck since.
I’m going to start working through the rest of pinwiki ground mods, as these seem to at least be helping. But I figured I’d see if anyone else has any thoughts.
On another note. My bottom display continually scrolls, I read that could be cause (and other issues) by the slam tilt. I had some alligator clips and jumped it out ( via pinwiki) But no luck.
Thanks guys, I’ll get this up and running one day. Fun game when I can get it moving.

What’s the slam tilt “mod”?
I had an issue with my display scrolling garbage on my Night Moves, it was a ground issue. I cleaned the contacts and it’s worked great. The grounding for the circuit boards themselves is junk.
Some people claim the ground mods are unnecessary, and the ground between the boards is the issue. There is actually some truth to that. You can always try to clip a direct line from the ground point to the braid on the display board to see if that fixes the issue.

#237 2 years ago

Ok the experience I've had with 80B pins had identified a couple crucial fixes. Ground mods is the first and you are working on it. The bottom board ground mods make a huge difference. The pins on the ground connection break the solder joint and then you have a floating ground and never know it. I used an aluminum buss bar to try all them together and then grounded the bar to the metal chassis.
Second is dirty switches. A lot of sounds are driven by switches in gottliebs (not directly I know) and the dirty switches keep certain sounds from playing when you expect it and the game sounds weird. Also the kicker targets and slings will be weak. It gives the appearance of a sluggish game. Cleaning the switches fixes this and it's an add-a-ball easy job.

#238 2 years ago

Here is some new translite art for this under rated gem. Pm if interested.

MV pst 1 (resized).jpgMV pst 1 (resized).jpg
#239 2 years ago

I just replaced my faded and beat up translight today as well.

Also, has anyone had any luck or tips on touching up the black paint on those textured side rails? (Paint type/clear or other products or process) I’d like to just tidy mine up as their worn near the flipper buttons.

Not really interested in in prying them off to sand blast and powder coat them.

9A77B625-B267-4882-8618-595DBF185315 (resized).jpeg9A77B625-B267-4882-8618-595DBF185315 (resized).jpeg
#240 2 years ago

I made an alternate translite as well. Would also love to know what people have done for the rails. I ended up stripping all the black paint off the lock down bar as mine looked really shabby.

BB22A5A0-F89F-40C7-86C3-5EE01B0A5D37 (resized).jpegBB22A5A0-F89F-40C7-86C3-5EE01B0A5D37 (resized).jpeg
#241 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Just picked up a Hollywood Heat. The game is missing the backglass (I have the translite). Does anyone got a lead on one?

Just get a piece of plexi cut at lowes, I think its 25x25 ?

I take it the game made it home in 1 piece?

#242 2 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Just get a piece of plexi cut at lowes, I think its 25x25 ?
I take it the game made it home in 1 piece?

All good! I get the glass/plexi part, but I still need the frame correct?

1 week later
#243 2 years ago

or a couple pieces of scotch tape...

#244 2 years ago

Thanks for the help guys.

Been messing with it over the last couple weeks, and think I've made some progress.

-Did the ground mod in the bottom of the cabinet.
-Ground mod at CPU Wire Harness
-Jumped the slam switch out (https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80#Slam_Switch_Modification)

This helped (i think) sometimes the game would act worse than others. Then i started cleaning all the edge connectors, and think i found one that needs rebuilt. I found if I mess with the J1 connector on the CPU, everything would seem to start working properly. after some cleaning / reseating with that connector. I've had an operational game for the last few days. The bottom display has started "scrolling" once, but other than that no issues. I am going to rebuild that connector and hope that does it for now.

Thanks for all the input!

3 months later
#245 1 year ago

practicalsteve - I really like the translite you created. Would you consider sharing a file of it? Than ks

#246 1 year ago

Anyone have a set of plastics for sell?

#247 1 year ago

Still have a few bugs to work out. But coming along.

E88A89BB-2934-4DAD-A5F4-EA62489744E4 (resized).jpegE88A89BB-2934-4DAD-A5F4-EA62489744E4 (resized).jpeg
#248 1 year ago
Quoted from crussell:

Still have a few bugs to work out. But coming along.[quoted image]

nice translite!

#249 1 year ago
Quoted from crussell:

Still have a few bugs to work out. But coming along.[quoted image]

Love this translite

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

nice translite!

Quoted from Cheddar:

Love this translite

Thanks! Got some inspiration from some of the custom ones on here. I can dig up the file if anyone wants it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-club-meet-out-front-of-the-carlyle-hotel/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.