IMG-20221010-WA0000 (resized).jpg
2023-09-12 20.29.32 (resized).jpg
E3CE37DF-94A8-43DA-AD1D-26FC789C9A43 (resized).jpeg
Finished Pinball -16 (resized).jpg
Finished Pinball -15 (resized).jpg
Finished Pinball -13 (resized).jpg
Finished Pinball -11 (resized).jpg
Finished Pinball -10 (resized).jpg
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 7 years ago

How difficult is it for your machines to get the ball up the left ramp? Mine rarely makes it all the way to the flippers. I completely rebuilt my flippers but it just doesn't have the oomph to make it up when cradling the ball.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

How difficult is it for your machines to get the ball up the left ramp? Mine rarely makes it all the way to the flippers. I completely rebuilt my flippers but it just doesn't have the oomph to make it up when cradling the ball.

It was an issue on my game and I had to basically make the shot perfectly. My solution was to use powerballs in place of the normal steel balls. I picked up a set of white Globalls and never had a problem hitting the ramp again. Game played a heck of a lot faster with them and it was fun. http://shop.modmypin.com/

#53 7 years ago

Thanks. Just looked and I am pretty sure it has the wrong (weakest 17875) coil in the right flipper. Luckily I have a spare (medium 24161) coil which matches the left flipper. Too late now but I will replace it tomorrow. I don't think I will have an issue once I change it out.

#54 7 years ago

Durrr... I didn't even realize you were talking about the left ramp. I saw "ramp" as I skimmed over it and assumed the right ramp is what is being talked about. Yeah, swap that coil and go from there. Something else I might recommend is taking the rubbers off the left ramp posts. Shot is super tight which will also cause issues, so widening the gap will help the ball have a better chance of making it up.

#55 7 years ago

I recommend yelling HOT SHOT AWWW YEAAAAAHHH!!! when you make it.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from akm:

taking the rubbers off the left ramp posts.

I put the tiniest post rings I had on those two posts.

#57 7 years ago

When does/should the Shoot Again lamp light? I know when you get an extra ball, but I mean specifically. I can't get mine to light unless it is in test mode. I figure it should light when you spell PINBALL and when you drop all targets 5ish times and drop the bank lit for extra ball. Mine doesn't. I have all the DIPs set for Extra ball as far as I am aware too. This is driving me batty.

#58 7 years ago

Not sure. I had my EBs set for points (200,000) so I never had my Shoot Again lamp light.

#59 7 years ago

How do you set it for points? I see EB or Replays as an option in the DIPs. That might be my problem.

Disregard. It seems to have fixed itself.

#60 7 years ago

I'm a member and look forward to it but it is a long way down the project list!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

How do you set it for points? I see EB or Replays as an option in the DIPs. That might be my problem.
Disregard. It seems to have fixed itself.

Actually, I don't even know. The previous owner had it set that way so I left it (game was too easy so I didn't want EBs anyway).

#62 7 years ago

This game has one of the best extra ball sounds and animations, you guys are missing out!

1 week later
#63 7 years ago

I found this today. Wish I still had HH

images-4.jpegimages-4.jpeg

#64 7 years ago

Just a heads up. I got the ok from my buddy that has this translight. I am going to the printers in the nest couple of days and will report back with a price.

IMG_20160601_221526_(resized).jpgIMG_20160601_221526_(resized).jpg

#65 7 years ago

Let me know when they are ready. My translite has moisture damage to add to the fugliness. Thinking of putting my HH up for sale soon though.

1 week later
#66 7 years ago

I bought a project Hollywood Heat and I'm semi documenting the process. OK, I'm documenting the liquor I'm drinking and the music I'm listening to. Any advice, suggestions etc are welcome.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/move-over-funhouse-here-comes-hollywood-heat#post-3196407

#67 7 years ago

Getting the connectors done will be your biggest time consumer. This was an easy game to shop playfield wise, IMO. PBRresource had all the parts I needed. You said your ramp was cracked. Hopefully, not bad as I have never seen a replacement. My biggest PITA was troubleshooting my Aux lamp board which ended up being a tiny strand of wire shorting under a chip that was there from the manufacturer. Not a bad player and the sound isn't bad either. I can't wait for Eraks translite.

#68 7 years ago

I'm a little concerned about the board repairs. The game didn't run and I have no experience with System 80. There was a fried coil so I'm guessing at least one bad transistor. I could kinda get the game to run by tweaking something on the aux board.

#69 7 years ago

First thing to do on these System80B games is the ground mod. Definitely make sure you do that first, then troubleshoot other things from there.

As far as a ramp replacement, supposedly the ramp from Teed Off works on HH. I am not sure if replacements are still available though.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from akm:

, supposedly the ramp from Teed Off works on HH

It does with minor modifications. It's much thicker plastic. Marco has them for $70. As a former HH owner, I replaced mine, it was a wreck. New one was great!

#71 7 years ago

What is the going price of a HH?

Robert

#72 7 years ago

I'd wager $600 to $700 in decent shape.

I paid about $500 for mine a year and a half ago, although that was the "friend price".

#73 7 years ago

I hardly ever see one for sale and never near me...so I'll probably never get one.

Looks like fun though.

Robert

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from akm:

First thing to do on these System80B games is the ground mod. Definitely make sure you do that first, then troubleshoot other things from there.

I'll second that good advise. I just picked up a Genesis with weird electrical issues. The ground mods were done already. Mine had the 5v power supply cranked up too high. I pulled that off, reflowed the connectors and adjusted to 5v. I also unplugged the reset board. Seems to be playing 100% for the last few days.

TnT has a bunch of System80b videos that cover all this in detail. Pinwiki and here for better detail.

Cool club, I may join when opportunity rears it's head. I have 2 system80bs and think they have a great fun to $ ratio.

10 months later
#75 6 years ago

I really want to join this club, but here in Sweden the Gottliebs are kinda hard to find. And being a huge Miami Vice fan since being a kid in the 80's im hooked on the theme.

Took me alot of effort to hunt down my Gottlieb Arena...

3 months later
#76 6 years ago

Hello, just joined the club. I am in need of a manual. Any one around who can share a link with me?

Thanks
I know i should order it and i will, i just need a copy tonight as i have the boards on the bench.

2 months later
#77 6 years ago

Joining the Maimi Vice...errr...Hollywood heat club next week. picking it up on the weekend. needs some work but looming forward to it. I'll post pics.

1 week later
#78 6 years ago

Joining, just picked up my HH Last week

Resized_20171025_204840 (resized).jpegResized_20171025_204840 (resized).jpeg

imagejpeg_0 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpg

#79 6 years ago

Any news on the alternate translite?

#80 6 years ago

I made a Miami Vice translite for HH (in preperation fro my own pin) which is freeware if anyone wants it.

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

I made a Miami Vice translite for HH (in preperation fro my own pin) which is freeware if anyone wants it.

Do You have a picture? Thanks.

#82 6 years ago

Im at work atm, but ill put one up as soon as i get home

#83 6 years ago

Now, this backglass was made by me for my own HH plans though, so its not like pro edition.

MI (resized).jpgMI (resized).jpg

#84 6 years ago

Wow, that's cool,i want one.

5 months later
#85 6 years ago

So, it finally happened, im hammering on a deal with a HH, but the owner said its sunbleached on the cab and the translite is faded beyond normal, so i was thinking i might "fix 'er up" abit in my own agenda:

UMn5l (resized).jpgUMn5l (resized).jpg

Although, you guys think this is too much 1980's?

2 months later
#86 5 years ago

I'm in the club now. Found a HH last week with some issues, and got them taken care of. I added some Titan rubbers, cushioned target faces and the cheap ass homebrew stadium lighting... Looks so much better!

20180625_164159 (resized).jpg20180625_164159 (resized).jpg
#87 5 years ago

Looks bright,mine's dark.where did you get the cushioned target faces and the cheap ass homebrew stadium lighting?

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from pinostalgia:

Looks bright,mine's dark.where did you get the cushioned target faces and the cheap ass homebrew stadium lighting?

I got the cushioned target faces off eBay. He has them for many machines. As for the cheapass lighting, there is a whole thread on this, with a lot of options. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-stadium-lighting/page/5#post-4315568

If you do not need to have bluetooth/color changing capabilities, you can do this for under $25 a machine. 5v Warm white 3528 strips seem to work really well for me. On System 80B games, I tap into the 5v coming off the power supply in the backbox. I also use one of the mini plugs for this so I can remove the harness more easily.

#89 5 years ago

Awesome,thanks

2 months later
#90 5 years ago

Thinking about making a clear ramp for mine...any interest from others?

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I would be

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Just got one of your Arena ramps in the mail a few days ago and you can put me on the list for a Hollywood Heat ramp!

#93 5 years ago

Looking at a HH next week. Clear ramp would indeed be awesome!

#94 5 years ago

I’m always looking to join the club if one is fs near me!

I passed on a deal from a friend a few years back an am kicking myself, it is such a fun multiplayer game with the ball lock stealing

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Let me know! This is still my “go to” game years later. Show Hollywood some love.

1 week later
#96 5 years ago

Finally joined the gang now:

IMG_20180919_225140 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_225140 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_225210 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_225210 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_225221 (resized).jpgIMG_20180919_225221 (resized).jpg
#98 5 years ago

I sold mine many years ago, I really do miss it, the sounds are fantastic.....

I have for sale a NOS Poster or it might even be the backglass print, not sure, nice shape for framing or backglass..?

Make me a decent offer..and I will let it go...

Mick

HHeat3 (resized).jpgHHeat3 (resized).jpg
#99 5 years ago
Quoted from TheMickster:

I sold mine many years ago, I really do miss it, the sounds are fantastic.....
I have for sale a NOS Poster or it might even be the backglass print, not sure, nice shape for framing or backglass..?
Make me a decent offer..and I will let it go...
Mick[quoted image]

$20 ?

#100 5 years ago

Thanks for the offer but I know it will cost over $13.00 to ship to CA from Chicago at least....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-club-meet-out-front-of-the-carlyle-hotel/page/2?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.