4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Bull
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bull.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hello all, it has been a while since I posted! And in the past everyone has been so helpful!

Usually I can figure out most my my problems by searching the forums or with my own skill, however today I am stumped.

To begin I have mostly all EMs with the exception of Hollywood Heat!

And the story goes...

It was working fine at my house last night, I played a few games and all was good.

I brought it to my girlfriends for a New Year’s Eve party, set it up, and now problems.

When the ball drains it does not register the ball drained and the solenoid does not kick the ball over. If I manually push it over with my finger the game will continue.

Also if the balls are locked, the kickouts do not work for multiball and they just keep continually scoring durning multiball.

All fuses are good and I have been reading the schematics from top to bottom with no luck.

I will say I am electronically smart as I have 4 years schooling in electronics, but this one has me!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

#3 4 years ago

Sorry I forgot to add in my original post, I already check continuity on the switch and it is closing, seems like whatever circuit is supposed to fire the solenoids for the ball troff and locked balls is not working, but I can not find it in the schematic.

#6 4 years ago

Just tried to reseat all of the connections in the back box, no luck.

I am stumped!

Seems like it has to be something that come lose in transport. But I can’t find anything!

So confused.

Thanks for all suggestions, still digging!

#7 4 years ago

And one more thing to add, I
    The machine knows the ball has drained because it shuts off the flippers and the sounds change.

Found a loose ground hoping that was the problem but no such luck!!

Ugh!

#10 4 years ago

I found Fuse 10 to be bad!

Although it tested ok originally, with a slight shake the filament broke completely open!

Thank you all for the suggestions and help!!

All is working perfectly now!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bull.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat-1?tu=bull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.