• Latest reply 7 years ago by 20eyes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5741[1] (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Hey guys .. Questions .. I picked up a Hollywood heat on Friday.. I know eh, what a turd... This game was far better then I thought it would be. Can anyone on here make a custom trans for it?? Also ramp.. It has a few cracks on both sides of the red ramp.. A - what could I do to help with the cracks getting worse?? B - where can I find a spare??? By no means is it a hurry.. The machine is in such good shape that I'll hold onto it!! Thanks as always to the dudes that take time to respond.. You boys have saved my ass many times resolving most of my problems... I owe you .. Keep flipping

#2 7 years ago

The game also plays with no issue as of now.. I just know the fn crack is there.. Could just be one shot away!!

#3 7 years ago

If you can locate a Tee'd Off ramp it is very similar to the HH ramp. I believe it can be customized to fit in a HH. Other than that you might want to remove the ramp and try to repair the cracks before they get worse. Not sure if they use a special glue or product to do that.

#4 7 years ago

Not exactly sure what the Hollywood Heat ramp looks like but this is what I did on Gold Wings where the ramp end was busted off. I laser cut these ramp protectors at work for Genesis and it worked perfectly on Gold Wings too. I like these system 80B machines but not all are worth buying new ramps for imo.
IMG_5741[1] (resized).JPGIMG_5741[1] (resized).JPG

#5 7 years ago

What a great Idea on the ramp bro.... So what could I use as a glue... All else fails I'll cut a ramp.. Cracked on both sides of entrance.. Both sides have metal rails on each side. Nice work again 20 eyes... That might be the only long term solution! My wife loves this game... Its not going anywhere she says lol... Thank god its in great shape minus 2 ramp cracks. Can't tell while playing though. Thanks again you two!

#6 7 years ago

I had a HH. Purchased a new Teed Off ramp from marco specialties. It fits really well. If you want, you can trim the center section out over the "heat bumper" or leave it.
It's much more durable than the original.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Bishop21:

What a great Idea on the ramp bro.... So what could I use as a glue... All else fails I'll cut a ramp.. Cracked on both sides of entrance.. Both sides have metal rails on each side. Nice work again 20 eyes... That might be the only long term solution! My wife loves this game... Its not going anywhere she says lol... Thank god its in great shape minus 2 ramp cracks. Can't tell while playing though. Thanks again you two!

Well to be fair its not really my idea I just made my own version of the Genesis ramp protectors that cliffy sells.
If you contact him he may be able to sell you a half kit. I would double check the size though but it should work.
Its just mounts with a screw on the top of the post and a metal tab that gets folded over on the other end.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sturgeon Bay, WI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hollywood-heat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.