2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Taxman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

apk (resized).jpg
    20160813_195641 (resized).jpg
    BreakfastShits (resized).png
    birdflu (resized).PNG
    th (resized).jpg
    Medicinal,Man! (resized).jpeg
    science1 (resized).jpg
    bubbleboy1a (resized).jpg
    double_dip_1 (resized).jpg
    JM (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2464 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Anyone else down sick with the flu after enjoying some quality time with family & friends over the Holidays?

With all the alcohol consumed I find it hard to believe germs survived but I am down for the count today. Just wondering if I am alone or if others have also had someone they love share the flu with their family.

This really sucks! But we did have a great time over the weekend so I guess in the end it is worth it!

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Sick as a dog, and all i can think of is my taf restore. Just have no energy.

Exactly the way I have been feeling for past day and a half. I love to eat and all day yesterday I had one slice of toast and didn't think that was staying down. Today is a little better but this is not the way I had intended to spend this week!

To anyone who has gotten sick after a Holiday visit all I can say is the memories will likely last longer than the sickness. So once we are feeling better at least we will be able to enjoy the memories!

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

Good to go here, but I keep plenty of hand sanitizer nearby, and continually keep my flipper buttons & game exterior as clean as the play fields. I also drink tons of vitamin C every day via Orange Juice and Apple Cider, haven't had a flu shot, refuse to get them, and haven't had the flu or gotten sick from anything other than food poisoning in 10+ years or more.

Typically I am the same way. This year was my first ever flu shot and as luck would have it also my first time getting the flu in about 20 years. I am trying to drink plenty and get some sleep but this really kind of sucks! I think the issue at our place was lots of great food & dips so it is fairly easy to spread something around. My daughter-in-law makes a couple home made dips that are "to die for" so I can't help myself.

Such is life!

#34 2 years ago

Almost 3 days after this started and still running 102+ fever. Just wish I would die and get it over with! Everyone else is about a day behind me so I can give each of them a play by play of what is coming next! And so far what is next has not gotten any better! What a great start to 2017!

#45 2 years ago

Day 4 or 5 here (can't think to count that high right now) and I still just wish I would die and get it over with! Wife & I were just saying this is the sickest we have ever been in the 40 years we have known each other and I wouldn't wish this one on my worse enemy. What a way to start the New Year!

#48 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Oh i bet you wish this on a few people on here lol.

I sometimes get frustrated by the haters here and on other forums but I do realize they have their way of looking at things and I feel they do have the right to say what ever they want to say. I do wish more of them would have understood what I was trying to accomplish but since that wasn't the case I am forced to do things the harder & more expensive way. In the end doing things that way just cost everyone more money (including myself) but such is life.

Right now I am more frustrated with myself for getting sick and the fact that being sick is putting things in my life even further behind. Delays cost money so I really hate delays. But sometimes things outside of our control do have a way of changing things a good bit.

In any event try to avoid this flu (or what ever it is) any way possible. It is BAD and it isn't a 24 hour deal either.

#162 2 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I've never had the flu, lucky I guess. I can't even remember the last time I was sick with anything. I hope your feeling better now.

Day 6 of being down for the count for me but today I actually feel like I might be able to keep a meal down if I eat one. FYI - I did get a flu shot this year and that is something I typically do not do so this must have been something not covered by that shot or what ever.

Today seems like the first day i can actually say I feel like this might not kill me! I guess I'll never know where it came from or what it actually was but one thing 100% for sure is I never remember being this sick before. Not only how bad I felt but also down and out for so long.

Hopefully by Monday I'll be able to get back underway with life & my plans for 2017!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 70.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    $ 12.75
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 209.00
    $ 115.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 218.00
    $ 149.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    ScottyMods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 25.00
    $ 315.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    liorillusion
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside