2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Taxman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

apk (resized).jpg
    20160813_195641 (resized).jpg
    BreakfastShits (resized).png
    birdflu (resized).PNG
    th (resized).jpg
    Medicinal,Man! (resized).jpeg
    science1 (resized).jpg
    bubbleboy1a (resized).jpg
    double_dip_1 (resized).jpg
    JM (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2464 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 2 years ago

I can't remember the last time I got sick, but I guess this song is rather appropriate for the occasion.

#51 2 years ago

I'd never let them stick them dirty dead virus needles in me.

#55 2 years ago

science1 (resized).jpg

#63 2 years ago

When it comes to those that practice medicine, unless it is a dyer emergency, I prefer to not have them practice on me.

I believe better safe than sorry.

http://www.yeoldejournalist.com/vaccine-horror-stories-they-dont-want-you-to-know/

#67 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Reminds me of when the polio vaccine first came out.

No body wants to get polio or any of those diseases from the early 20th century that they successfully nearly wiped out by creating vaccines. I myself stood in line at school as they did the dip and stick one kid after another. I'm not sure we didn't all get the same needle.

But if I ever get it again, I think I can handle a bout with the flu and just fight it off naturally. No more needles for me.

#72 2 years ago

I figure you can either live like a lab rat or guinea pig and let them give you all the shots in the world and hopefully you won't see it on that bad drug ad a few years later.

Or you can take the necessary steps to stay healthy and become immune to those illnesses before somebody blows a big old juicy sneeze in your face.

#77 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

the CDC hadn't invented AIDS in order to scare the population into getting flu shots back then.

Another science experiment gone wrong?

http://www.originofaids.com/articles/early.htm

#96 2 years ago

My mother is 95 years old and spent many of her early years as a laboratory technician and then went onto become a biology and physiology teacher teaching students that would go onto become top doctors so she knows a little bit about the science. That being said, a few years ago she had a terrible reaction to a flu vaccine and said she will never get another and her health has improved ever since.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

bottle that formula and you'll be a billionaire...

Somebody already beat me to it. Wish I had the patent.

th (resized).jpg

#101 2 years ago

Mmmmm. burritos!

#106 2 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

My hat is off to those who are educated in that field.

Speaking of which I just took mom out shopping and mentioned this topic to her. She remembers all too well the shot that sent her to the hospital and almost killed her. Her doc at the time said some react much worse and some even die. That's all the info I need on the subject.

#107 2 years ago

I'll just leave this here.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from mswhat:

I have no choice but to get the flu shot as a condition of my employment. I feel like crap every single time I get it.

Lately I just get shitface drunk the nights before I go to my place of employment and seem to stay that way for most of the day. He doesn't require me to take drug tests or get any shots, just that I get there, do my job and am nice to the customers. Longest job I've held in my life! And I never take any sick days.

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

No, because often the people at the highest risk are incapable of receiving the vaccine. There are plenty of people who are unable to receive the flu vaccine. Anyone under the age of 6 months old cannot receive it, people with severely compromised immune systems cannot receive it, or people who are allergic to any of the components of the vaccine.

So basically, only people that aren't prone to getting sick can take the vaccine?

#130 2 years ago

I'm sure every nickel and dime store on every street corner that is selling flu shots has each patients best interest in mind.

#138 2 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Actually in my area they are free. Probably subsidized, yes, but not some huge money machine.

Shouldn't something this dangerous to some require a doctor visit and prescription instead of handing them out like halloween candy?

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Again, you can believe what you want, that's the great thing about the U.S.

And as long as the US leaves the choice up to each individual and doesn't try to force anybody to take a shot they don't want, it will always be great.

Let's just hope they aren't cooking something up that might accidentally get released on the population that might cause a real epidemic.

#147 2 years ago

They'll tell you that's just another paranoid, made up, conspiracy story with no basis in fact. They have an answer for every doubter.

#149 2 years ago

As Neil Young sang "I've seen the needle and the damage done, a little part of it in every one"

#151 2 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Back in 1984 was like a dark ages of virus testing and diagnosis.

Great idea for the next pinball theme!

#152 2 years ago

The way I see it, a lot of pinsiders must be getting some kind of injection to want the pinball machines they are coming out with lately.

#156 2 years ago

Humans make mistakes. Humans are making it, advertising it, packaging it, labeling it, delivering it, stocking it, storing it, paying for it, and injecting it. Nope, no room for error there.

#157 2 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hope your feeling better

We should just go with that.

#170 2 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Today seems like the first day i can actually say I feel like this might not kill me!

Glad you are getting thru this. It's been a long time for me, but I remember how it felt. Hope you get done with it soon.

Quoted from too-many-pins:

FYI - I did get a flu shot this year and that is something I typically do not do so this must have been something not covered by that shot or what ever.

Hopefully the shot isn't what caused your illness in the first place. I know one of those shots made my mother deathly ill. Too bad it isn't the miracle fix some would think it is.

#176 2 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

Some have reactions like in your case others never do.

I never get the reaction because I don't take the shot. Sounds logical captain?

#206 2 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

My neighbor feels the same as you and every year without a shot they get sick as a dog.

I never feel the need to take the shot because I never get sick as a dog. And I don't see the point of taking something that can make me sick so I won't get sick.

#218 2 years ago

For the year 2014 CDC statistics showed 2170 reported adverse reactions to vaccinations.

1,244 cases of people reported hospitalized
    416 cases of people reporting a disability
    122 reported deaths
    388 reported life-threatening cases

#223 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Number of deaths from influenza in 2014: 4,605

Wtih over 7 billion people in the world that would be a smaller percent than those that took the vaccination and died from it.

#226 2 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Okay now you're just being obtuse.

No, I'm using real numbers and real math.

Quoted from LTG:

So we needn't worry about samples that were saved in labs ?

What we need to worry most about is what they are creating in labs.

#231 2 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Global deaths from influenza average between 250,000 and 500,000 annually.

I wonder how many global deaths can be attributed to something scientists came up with in their laboratories. I've seen nothing to disprove aids was one of those creations.

#234 2 years ago

Science is always right. Skeptics are always mistaken. And nature should be left out of the discussion altogether.

#243 2 years ago

I for one trust Harvard's National Lampoon.

#245 2 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I think aids was created by the flying spaghetti monster......prove me wrong.

One of the early theories was it came when scientists mixed monkey's and human's blood and then injected it into willing or unaware participants. That's something that doesn't happen very often in nature. Unless you believe we are all monkeys.

#254 2 years ago

No doubt. Parents should be watching their own kids.

#255 2 years ago

I would have never left my 8 month old baby with another family, sick or not. Those parents should have been crucified. However their loss was probably lesson enough.

#259 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't agree. I'm sure there are plenty of situations or reasons why someone would be unable to take a baby somewhere.

While my child was young, we never left her in the hands of anybody else. Never. Not once. Even after her mother and I were separated. Having a child is a big responsibility, and if you are not prepared to take on that responsibility, it is probably best that you have no children.

#264 2 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

They could have encountered this family at a restaurant/birthday party/anywhere and had a similar result. That's the point that has been made 100 times in this thread, the herd vaccine strategy

A child has 1000s time more chance dying being hit by a car or in a car accident, yet I see no movement to get all the cars off the road or prevent children from riding in them.

The world is a dangerous place and it is up to the parents to do what they think is best for their children, not what science or the government tells them they should.

#267 2 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

The car that hits the kid doesn't keep on hitting kids and spread the "hit by car" disease...this is false equivalence.

No, but there are more kids killed by cars so maybe eliminating cars should become more of a priority, don't you think?

#271 2 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

cars aren't contagious

So what! They are killers just the same, and one of the #1 killers of children. Once those get eradicated, then preach to me about something much less lethal.

#274 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Only because we "got rid" of the diseases killing them before the car came around

That's right. And if another flu like 1918 hits again, science will be too late to do squat.

#277 2 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

They'd get a vaccine for it in 4-6 months and the losses would be much less in the interim due to the current state of public health agencies. They have plans and guidelines to deal with a pandemic that had to be thought up on the fly back in 1918.

You don't get it do you?

When the next flu like that hits, it will probably be of science's own doing that starts it.

#279 2 years ago

On another note wickerman, if that guy that's supposed to pick up Beat The Clock gets the flu and is too sick to pick it up, I'll send STI to get it.

#281 2 years ago

me like em Andromeda Strain.

#284 2 years ago

Darn! Looks like I stayed well all winter for nuthin'.

#286 2 years ago

I check my eyes in the mirror every morning when I get up. As long as they are bloodshot red and not yellow, I know my liver's hanging tough.

#288 2 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Just as long as you don't think that in the movie the strain was concocted and accidentally (or purposely) spread by scientists.

No, Andromeda was an alien strain. Lesson learned from that story was drink Sterno or die.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 11.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 49.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Batman '66 Premium NIB Out of stock
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 265.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside