Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Taxman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

apk (resized).jpg
    20160813_195641 (resized).jpg
    BreakfastShits (resized).png
    birdflu (resized).PNG
    th (resized).jpg
    Medicinal,Man! (resized).jpeg
    science1 (resized).jpg
    bubbleboy1a (resized).jpg
    double_dip_1 (resized).jpg
    JM (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2464 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I am talking primarily about baby vaccines that protect against serious decisions

Gotta immortalize that autocorrect...

#102 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Remember: YOU can carry the flu and not be sick and you are still contagious. There are people that DIE from the flu. You are being irresponsible at best but it's still a free country...we'll see how long that lasts but for now, you can do what you want.

Ok this is just stupid. Even people who get vaccinated can still come down with the flu. It's everywhere, it constantly mutates and vaccinations aren't going to eliminate it like polio or diphtheria. People who are at risk of DYING need to be in a hospital or other controlled environment during flu season. I'm 44, have never had a shot and at most just get a mild case of flu every few years (maybe.. might be bad colds for all I know). I avoid people on the day or two that I'm actually feeling sick, and my body figures out how to kill it off pretty quickly on it's own. I take no prescription drugs, no OTC drugs, and am healthy. Holding off as long as I can - the more you rely on drugs, the weaker you become IMHO.

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Sort of, flu shot reduces your risk by 60 or 70% I think, so it's not 100% no.

So you're asking me to voluntarily inject manufactured, partially-killed disease into my bloodstream that will make me mildly ill, for a 65% chance it'll be the correct formula to maybe help kill a bug I only catch every few years, and that I can kill myself quite handily?

Sign me up!

As far as I'm concerned, flu vaccines are perfect for those people who get their asses kicked by the flu every year and need a cheat-sheet for their immune system to get the upper hand. I'm not to that point yet.

#164 7 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Wow. The point I was making is that the gov and the corporations don't give a fuck about you. They never have and never will. You are just an avenue for money and power to them.

This is sadly true to a large degree. They care about you enough to stay elected and stay in business, but not much beyond that. Just look at the typical "service" one receives from large corporations and the government. Smaller businesses are usually much better, but flu shots don't come from small businesses.

I don't think there's any deliberate malfeasance occurring with flu shot production, but I also don't trust them to get it right, every time.. low costs and production pressures lead to mistakes, and I don't need the shot enough to take the risk.

#165 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Healthy people generally work, pay taxes, and buy stuff. It's probably in everyone's best interest to keep a population healthy.
    An unhealthy population is generally a drain on resources.

I'll be thinking of this as the current Congress tries to revamp Obamacare. I don't think a healthy population is first on the mind of those cost-cutting congresscritters

#166 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

the chance you are taking is with other people's health and lives, that's the point that has been made 10 times already.

No guilt trip here. Flu is far too common to blame "everyone else" for the less than 1% who succumb to it. People with very weak immune systems take chances when they go out in public during FLU SEASON. I will not take a shot that has a good chance of making me sick, but if I do catch the flu, I will stay home until it's gone to prevent transmission. If that's not good enough for you, tough. The flu shot is NOT MANDATORY for good reasons.

Quoted from too-many-pins:

Day 6 of being down for the count for me but today I actually feel like I might be able to keep a meal down if I eat one. FYI - I did get a flu shot this year and that is something I typically do not do so this must have been something not covered by that shot or what ever.

Looks like the shot is super-effective this year... sign me up!

#168 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

That is opening a whole can of worms that I'm not even going to touch in this discussion.

Yep. I'm leaving it at that, and will be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/holiday-sharing-the-flu?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.