Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Taxman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

apk (resized).jpg
    20160813_195641 (resized).jpg
    BreakfastShits (resized).png
    birdflu (resized).PNG
    th (resized).jpg
    Medicinal,Man! (resized).jpeg
    science1 (resized).jpg
    bubbleboy1a (resized).jpg
    double_dip_1 (resized).jpg
    JM (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2464 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 7 years ago

Got a flu shot

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

From what I heard, the flu virus that's been going around is not the same one they developed the flu shot for back in October/November, so unless you got another flu shot with the correct virus you're not protected.

Well I'm not sick either.....so whatever.

Actually I rarely get the flu anyway. I get head colds like a mother F, but very rarely the flu.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That only stops some % of some flus...which of course almost no one has when they say "I have the flu" anyway
    I remember last years shots the found out didn't do anything anyway...whoops

"Vaccines are created to protect against the three or four mostly likely culprits. Some years the guesses are good and the vaccines are quite effective. Other years the guesses aren’t so good and the vaccines aren’t as protective as they could be.
    The flu vaccine may be imperfect, but it’s still worth getting. Here are three reasons why:

It may keep you from getting the flu.

If you do get the flu, you may not get as sick as you would have gotten without the vaccine, or you may be less likely to develop serious complications like pneumonia.

If you don’t get the flu, you can’t pass it on. So you will help keep other people from getting sick—including those who may become seriously ill or die from flu complications."

- Harvard Health Blog -

#91 7 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

Am I wrong for thinking that if the flu shot is so effective, then those who get the shot shouldn't have to worry about dying from the flu just because they ran into a contagious person who hasn't gotten the shot?
    Another interesting tidbit is that people actually trust Big Pharma to be safe as if they're looking out for us. It's amazing. No, oxycontin wasn't cleverly designed to create addicts. Doctors in cahoots with Pharma reps writing scripts out like there's no tomorrow. All the ADHD nonsense doping of our kids... Curing cancer? Screw that, there's more money in maintaining it. I could go on. They lost credibility and trust with me eons ago.
    I suppose we should trust everything the government and media tells us as well.

So how is the 14th century?
    You should join us in the 21st.

#100 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

I used to eat burritos quite often, I also got really bad headaches, stopped eating the burritos..bam. No more headaches. Burritos cause headaches.

Right, correlation does not = causation. At least not without vigorous testing and tight controls in place.

#140 7 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

BTW wasn't it Bayer that sold blood tainted with AIDS to hundreds of people and when they were called on it they simple sold it in other countries? I never vaccinated my kids and they never got sick. I do not do flue shots or any other other shots unless I have to.

This absolutely has to be the dumbest (and most disturbing) post I've ever read on Pinside.....and I've been here a while.

Not getting your kids vaccinated should be a punishable crime.

#148 7 years ago

WTF? I was talking about not having you're kids vaccinated! Mind-boggling.

#169 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

No guilt trip here. Flu is far too common to blame "everyone else" for the less than 1% who succumb to it. People with very weak immune systems take chances when they go out in public during FLU SEASON. I will not take a shot that has a good chance of making me sick, but if I do catch the flu, I will stay home until it's gone to prevent transmission. If that's not good enough for you, tough. The flu shot is NOT MANDATORY for good reasons.

OK, one more time. We weren't talking about the flu shot. We were referring to people (some in this thread) who don't get their children immunized! That's insane and putting someone else's life at risk. At the very minimum children who are not immunized should never be allowed to step foot in a public school (or amusement park).

#174 7 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Bullshit. It is my choice to take the shots or not or give them to my kids or not. If they work so damn well and you believe in them so much you get them and then you won't have to worry about getting whatever from anyone else. Are you worried that your immunizations wont work? you can't force people to take them.

I actually care about the general welfare of the population (and my family's).

#190 7 years ago

And Dr. Sherri TenPenny doesn't know what the F she's talking about. She wouldn't know a fact if it was stapled to a 2x4 and slapped her in the face......clearly. Talk about an argument from authority, that would be example A.

#192 7 years ago

Wow.....we really are living in the land of Woo!

#209 7 years ago

Okay, ya got me.

My name is actually Zypherin 5 and I am the Supreme Lizard Overlord and director of the illuminati.

It's true, all injections are actually a form of population control as well as our ongoing but more difficult program of mind control. Vaccinations were not my idea (that was Ned's ) but it is one of our more effective programs. Our whole intent is to "stupefy" the general population and well as control your numbers.....you people screw like rabbits!

A very cool "side-effect" of our programs is that over the last decade or so it's become clear that you dolts no longer believe in actual facts. Not only that but you conflate facts with opinions! We think that's hilarious.

We do this to maintain our supreme and unchallenged authority. If we allow you to reason and think logically you could someday challenge our authority and we can't have that. Unfortunately higher education programs still present us with a lot of resistance and represent our greatest threat.

Chemtrails....(part of my MK-ULTRA plan) that was one of mine. I started that in the 50's and it's main purpose is mind control and loss of logical thinking. It still needs some tweaking though. It's been very successful on the less educated and for some reason in the southern parts of the US.

So on with the truth:

The Earth is flat. I mean seriously, look out your window...it's FLAT! Obviously.
    Santa? Real, but so far you are all on the naughty list.
    Moon Landing....hoax. Why? Why not, just to fuck with you.
    Holocaust? Never happened. Come on, 5 million Jews gassed....right, no one could be that crazy.
    The crash at Roswell....real. That was my cousin Eddie and he was drunk.
    We killed JFK, that asshole was too damn smart and making waves.
    Global Warming....hoax. Like you measly little beings could affect the climate on a global scale...hilarious.
    9/11? That was us....well we got the CIA to actually carry it out but yeah.

Jenny McCarthy, she's one of ours. So is Tom Cruise.

#224 7 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

They don't need to vaccinate for smallpox anymore because the disease was completely eradicated due to the widespread administration of the vaccine. Polio and measles are probably next up for complete eradication. Hopefully.

Not at the rate we're going.

#225 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Wtih over 7 billion people in the world that would be a smaller percent than those that took the vaccination and died from it.

Okay now you're just being obtuse.

#229 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Wtih over 7 billion people in the world that would be a smaller percent than those that took the vaccination and died from it.

Global deaths from influenza average between 250,000 and 500,000 annually.

#237 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Science is always right.

Science can NEVER be 100% certain. Never.

It's people with practice in critical thinking that are the true skeptics.

#240 7 years ago

"A reduction in immune response to infections has been demonstrated by older people's response to vaccines. For example, studies of influenza vaccines have shown that for people over age 65, the vaccine is much less effective compared to healthy children (over age 2). But despite the reduction in efficacy, vaccinations for influenza and S. pneumoniae have significantly lowered the rates of sickness and death in older people when compared with no vaccination."

From Harvard Health

#244 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've seen nothing to disprove aids was one of those creations.

I think aids was created by the flying spaghetti monster......prove me wrong.

Edit: Just in case you are not familiar with the flying spaghetti monster - http://www.venganza.org/about/

#248 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

scientists mixed monkey's and human's blood and then injected it into willing or unaware participants.

And then the scientists/aliens did anal probing, then they created crop circles and then mutilated cattle.

#249 7 years ago

"By looking at the genome sequences of different viruses over time, researchers can calibrate a “molecular clock” based on the rate of sequence change, or mutations. Scientists can then use this to infer the rate of evolution and thus determine approximately when the most recent common ancestor existed.

Using this technique, researchers estimated that HIV-1 group M originated in 1908 and group O in 1920. HIV-2 groups A and B originated a bit later; approximately in 1940 and 1945, respectively."

"The simplest explanation is that humans came into contact with the blood or other secretions of infected primates which is perfectly plausible since, for example, sooty mangabeys were both kept as pets and slaughtered for bushmeat in West Africa, the same region that HIV-2 is most prevalent. It would be easy for infected bodily fluids to come into contact with broken skin during the butchering process.

Given the fact that medical resources are costly, it is plausible that during immunization programs in Africa, healthcare professionals would have shared needles, providing ample opportunity to spread infection through the population. This, coupled with an increase in international travel alongside sexual promiscuity and intravenous drug use, seems a logical explanation for the emergence of HIV.

Another theory is that humans became infected from contaminated oral polio vaccines. The vaccine in question was called CHAT which required the use of living tissue for production. The idea was that the kidney cells used in the production line came from SIV infected chimps and thus a large number of people were exposed. However, this theory falls down because as we have seen, not all of the HIVs came from chimps. It’s also extremely unlikely that oral vaccines would result in transmission since, unless compromised, the mouth is a pretty good barrier to infection. Furthermore, researchers found stocks of the vaccine used and when it was tested, no traces of SIV were found. This theory has therefore largely been refuted."

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/where-did-hiv-come/

#253 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Here's one chilling example:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/5na3ry/please_please_please_god_vaccinate_your_kids/
    In summary, a mother had an 8 month old, who was being watched by (unbeknownst to her) an anti-vaxxer family, who had a sick kid (also unbeknownst to her). The 8-month old got sick from that kid and died. This 8 month old was not yet scheduled to receive the MMR vaccination, so this baby ended up catching the measles from the anti-vaxxer's kid. If that kid was vaccinated properly, the kid would have never been a carrier for the disease in the first place. But instead, it spread to the baby who was unable to fight it off.

And those parents should be guilty of negligent homicide.

#287 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

When the next flu like that hits, it will probably be of science's own doing that starts it.

Quoted from o-din:

me like em Andromeda Strain.

Just as long as you don't think that in the movie the strain was concocted and accidentally (or purposely) spread by scientists.

But apparently you also don't want a scientist prone to seizures working on a serious viral threat!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Astropin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/holiday-sharing-the-flu?tu=Astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.