Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Taxman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

apk (resized).jpg
    20160813_195641 (resized).jpg
    BreakfastShits (resized).png
    birdflu (resized).PNG
    th (resized).jpg
    Medicinal,Man! (resized).jpeg
    science1 (resized).jpg
    bubbleboy1a (resized).jpg
    double_dip_1 (resized).jpg
    JM (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2464 (resized).PNG
    There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Anyone else down sick with the flu after enjoying some quality time with family & friends over the Holidays?
    With all the alcohol consumed I find it hard to believe germs survived but I am down for the count today. Just wondering if I am alone or if others have also had someone they love share the flu with their family.
    This really sucks! But we did have a great time over the weekend so I guess in the end it is worth it!

Last Christmas I got really sick from my cousin. Everybody hugs and kisses you when you come in the door. This year when I got to their house I told everyone I was getting a cold and did not want to hug them for fear of getting them sick. It worked. I am healthy this holday season.

#202 7 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

No guilt trip here. Flu is far too common to blame "everyone else" for the less than 1% who succumb to it. People with very weak immune systems take chances when they go out in public during FLU SEASON. I will not take a shot that has a good chance of making me sick, but if I do catch the flu, I will stay home until it's gone to prevent transmission. If that's not good enough for you, tough. The flu shot is NOT MANDATORY for good reasons.

Looks like the shot is super-effective this year... sign me up!

The flu kills about the same number of people who die in car accidents every year, 30,000-35,000 deaths.

#203 7 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

That's interesting. Because one of the side effects of getting a flu shot is death by flu.

Got it--so some people who get the flu shot actually die? Well, likely these same people would have died from the flu even if they didn't get the shot. And the website that you reference saying that the flu shot makes flu symptom more severe is from a ...wait for it... law firm? Let me guess what a good number of their cases involve...

#204 7 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

That's interesting. Because one of the side effects of getting a flu shot is death by flu.

mainstream sources, nice

#205 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

mainstream sources, nice

Yes we should only look at MSM reports because everything else is "Fake News". The MSM is a bastion of TRUTH!

#206 7 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

My neighbor feels the same as you and every year without a shot they get sick as a dog.

I never feel the need to take the shot because I never get sick as a dog. And I don't see the point of taking something that can make me sick so I won't get sick.

#207 7 years ago

If your diet consists of mainly vegetables, fruit, grains, and legumes, you'll be good to go. Avoid meat, dairy, sugar, and white grain. That way when you do catch a virus, your body will be better prepared to fight it.

#208 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I never feel the need to take the shot because I never get sick as a dog. And I don't see the point of taking something that can make me sick so I won't get sick.

No argument whatsoever. I would do the same if it weren't for the fact I have gotten sick when I miss the shot.

#209 7 years ago

Okay, ya got me.

My name is actually Zypherin 5 and I am the Supreme Lizard Overlord and director of the illuminati.

It's true, all injections are actually a form of population control as well as our ongoing but more difficult program of mind control. Vaccinations were not my idea (that was Ned's ) but it is one of our more effective programs. Our whole intent is to "stupefy" the general population and well as control your numbers.....you people screw like rabbits!

A very cool "side-effect" of our programs is that over the last decade or so it's become clear that you dolts no longer believe in actual facts. Not only that but you conflate facts with opinions! We think that's hilarious.

We do this to maintain our supreme and unchallenged authority. If we allow you to reason and think logically you could someday challenge our authority and we can't have that. Unfortunately higher education programs still present us with a lot of resistance and represent our greatest threat.

Chemtrails....(part of my MK-ULTRA plan) that was one of mine. I started that in the 50's and it's main purpose is mind control and loss of logical thinking. It still needs some tweaking though. It's been very successful on the less educated and for some reason in the southern parts of the US.

So on with the truth:

The Earth is flat. I mean seriously, look out your window...it's FLAT! Obviously.
    Santa? Real, but so far you are all on the naughty list.
    Moon Landing....hoax. Why? Why not, just to fuck with you.
    Holocaust? Never happened. Come on, 5 million Jews gassed....right, no one could be that crazy.
    The crash at Roswell....real. That was my cousin Eddie and he was drunk.
    We killed JFK, that asshole was too damn smart and making waves.
    Global Warming....hoax. Like you measly little beings could affect the climate on a global scale...hilarious.
    9/11? That was us....well we got the CIA to actually carry it out but yeah.

Jenny McCarthy, she's one of ours. So is Tom Cruise.

#211 7 years ago

Guys, just buy some colloidal silver from alex jones, then you won't have to get one of those evil flu shots!!

For the record, I think flu shots are kind of BS, but I don't have a problem with them being optional. They just never helped me and I honestly can't remember the last time I was sick with anything. For normal vaccines though, like smallpox and polio, you're a real idiot and a POS if you don't get your kids vaccinated.

#212 7 years ago

They don't vaccinate for smallpox or polio anymore as far as I know of. I wasn't my kids weren't and my grand daughter hasn't been.

#215 7 years ago

You know how many coconuts fall from the tree and kill people every year? I dont know either, but i bet its a lot. For peoples safety i think helmets should be manditory.

#216 7 years ago

False equivalence

#217 7 years ago

Blaaahhh

#218 7 years ago

For the year 2014 CDC statistics showed 2170 reported adverse reactions to vaccinations.

1,244 cases of people reported hospitalized
    416 cases of people reporting a disability
    122 reported deaths
    388 reported life-threatening cases

#220 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

False equivalence

Was not making a comparison, just wondering how many people died from falling coconuts. Dont take it personal.

#221 7 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

They don't vaccinate for smallpox

They don't need to vaccinate for smallpox anymore because the disease was completely eradicated due to the widespread administration of the vaccine. Polio and measles are probably next up for complete eradication. Hopefully.

#222 7 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

They don't need to vaccinate for smallpox anymore because the disease was completely eradicated

So we needn't worry about samples that were saved in labs ? Or forgotten samples that haven't been found yet like the ones in 2014 ?

LTG : )

#223 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Number of deaths from influenza in 2014: 4,605

Wtih over 7 billion people in the world that would be a smaller percent than those that took the vaccination and died from it.

#224 7 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

They don't need to vaccinate for smallpox anymore because the disease was completely eradicated due to the widespread administration of the vaccine. Polio and measles are probably next up for complete eradication. Hopefully.

Not at the rate we're going.

#225 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Wtih over 7 billion people in the world that would be a smaller percent than those that took the vaccination and died from it.

Okay now you're just being obtuse.

#226 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Okay now you're just being obtuse.

No, I'm using real numbers and real math.

Quoted from LTG:

So we needn't worry about samples that were saved in labs ?

What we need to worry most about is what they are creating in labs.

#227 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Number of deaths from influenza in 2014: 4,605
    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/flu.htm

That's nothing compared to the C. Diff that I had from taking antibiotics.

CDC puts the annual deaths from C. Diff to 29,000 out of 453,000 cases:

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2015/02/cdc-puts-c-difficile-burden-453000-cases-29000-deaths

So approximately 6 times as many deaths per year from C. Diff. than the flu.

#228 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The figure was for the US only, from what I understood.

#229 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Global deaths from influenza average between 250,000 and 500,000 annually.

#230 7 years ago

I take a shot of wild turkey for the flu what's the old saying booze the flu starve a fever

#231 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Global deaths from influenza average between 250,000 and 500,000 annually.

I wonder how many global deaths can be attributed to something scientists came up with in their laboratories. I've seen nothing to disprove aids was one of those creations.

#232 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I wonder how many global deaths can be attributed to something scientists came up with in their laboratories. I've seen nothing to disprove aids was one of those creations.

I agree, I think aids was an experiment that leaked out under the lab door, so to speak.

#233 7 years ago

serious red herrings and false equivalence. Not sure if you guys don't get it or you are being intellectually dishonest but the comparisons being made are nonsense.

#234 7 years ago

Science is always right. Skeptics are always mistaken. And nature should be left out of the discussion altogether.

#235 7 years ago

Are there any pictures of the machines yet?

#236 7 years ago

Seems like another either/or straw man argument. Of course, skeptics aren't always mistaken BUT we aren't talking about something that's done on a whim or hasn't been vetted scientifically. This isn't a brand new, experimental theory. It's intellectually dishonest to frame the debate that way.

Science isn't always right but it's a helluva lot more right than random bar stool musings when it comes to health. They've been refining the vaccine process for decades. Cherry picking negative examples and ignoring the vast majority of positive outcomes doesn't seem "fair", right?

If you want to go au naturel, we could go back to when the average life expectancy was in the 40's for people in the early 1900's because that's essentially the "let nature take it's course" argument. Besides the fact that the genie is out of the bottle with "nature". We have altered the way we deal with nature to compensate for all sorts of things that left unchecked would infect and kill us.

#237 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Science is always right.

Science can NEVER be 100% certain. Never.

It's people with practice in critical thinking that are the true skeptics.

#238 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Seems like another either/or straw man argument. Of course, skeptics aren't always mistaken BUT we aren't talking about something that's done on a whim or hasn't been vetted scientifically. This isn't a brand new, experimental theory. It's intellectually dishonest to frame the debate that way.
    Science isn't always right but it's a helluva lot more right than random bar stool musings when it comes to health. They've been refining the vaccine process for decades. Cherry picking negative examples and ignoring the vast majority of positive outcomes doesn't seem "fair", right?
    If you want to go au naturel, we could go back to when the average life expectancy was in the 40's for people in the early 1900's because that's essentially the "let nature take it's course" argument. Besides the fact that the genie is out of the bottle with "nature". We have altered the way we deal with nature to compensate for all sorts of things that left unchecked would infect and kill us.

Talk about being intellectually dishonest. What do you think was happening with improving sanitation and hygiene? I know many people (including children) going au naturel and they are not at all succumbing to any of these diseases. In fact, the unvaccinated that I know are healthier than those that trust and obey the kleptocratic medical dictatorship.

If vaccination was non-profit, I'd be more likely to trust those promoting it.

#239 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Science can NEVER be 100% certain. Never.
    It's people with practice in critical thinking that are the true skeptics.

That comment was sarcasm.

#240 7 years ago

"A reduction in immune response to infections has been demonstrated by older people's response to vaccines. For example, studies of influenza vaccines have shown that for people over age 65, the vaccine is much less effective compared to healthy children (over age 2). But despite the reduction in efficacy, vaccinations for influenza and S. pneumoniae have significantly lowered the rates of sickness and death in older people when compared with no vaccination."

From Harvard Health

#241 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

From Harvard Health

I for one trust Harvard Health.

#242 7 years ago

Another bonus of the flu vaccine, if you do get flu, it's less severe.

Even Fox News buys in to it:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2017/01/10/fox-friends-doctor-shares-abcs-flu-prevention.html

#243 7 years ago

I for one trust Harvard's National Lampoon.

#244 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've seen nothing to disprove aids was one of those creations.

I think aids was created by the flying spaghetti monster......prove me wrong.

Edit: Just in case you are not familiar with the flying spaghetti monster - http://www.venganza.org/about/

#245 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I think aids was created by the flying spaghetti monster......prove me wrong.

One of the early theories was it came when scientists mixed monkey's and human's blood and then injected it into willing or unaware participants. That's something that doesn't happen very often in nature. Unless you believe we are all monkeys.

#246 7 years ago
    Quoted from henhel:

I for one trust Harvard Health.

No, they are clearly shills! SHILLS!!! Now shut up and buy some of my nascent iodine, detox pills, and colloidal silver! Its all natural, NO CHEMICALS!

Am I the only one who cringes when people harp on things that have "chemicals" in them? Everything is a chemical.

#247 7 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Am I the only one who cringes when people harp on things that have "chemicals" in them?

Or those that claim things are safe because they are "all natural"--but then conveniently leave asbestos, radon, hemlock, and a host of other "natural" things off their list..

#248 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

scientists mixed monkey's and human's blood and then injected it into willing or unaware participants.

And then the scientists/aliens did anal probing, then they created crop circles and then mutilated cattle.

#249 7 years ago

"By looking at the genome sequences of different viruses over time, researchers can calibrate a “molecular clock” based on the rate of sequence change, or mutations. Scientists can then use this to infer the rate of evolution and thus determine approximately when the most recent common ancestor existed.

Using this technique, researchers estimated that HIV-1 group M originated in 1908 and group O in 1920. HIV-2 groups A and B originated a bit later; approximately in 1940 and 1945, respectively."

"The simplest explanation is that humans came into contact with the blood or other secretions of infected primates which is perfectly plausible since, for example, sooty mangabeys were both kept as pets and slaughtered for bushmeat in West Africa, the same region that HIV-2 is most prevalent. It would be easy for infected bodily fluids to come into contact with broken skin during the butchering process.

Given the fact that medical resources are costly, it is plausible that during immunization programs in Africa, healthcare professionals would have shared needles, providing ample opportunity to spread infection through the population. This, coupled with an increase in international travel alongside sexual promiscuity and intravenous drug use, seems a logical explanation for the emergence of HIV.

Another theory is that humans became infected from contaminated oral polio vaccines. The vaccine in question was called CHAT which required the use of living tissue for production. The idea was that the kidney cells used in the production line came from SIV infected chimps and thus a large number of people were exposed. However, this theory falls down because as we have seen, not all of the HIVs came from chimps. It’s also extremely unlikely that oral vaccines would result in transmission since, unless compromised, the mouth is a pretty good barrier to infection. Furthermore, researchers found stocks of the vaccine used and when it was tested, no traces of SIV were found. This theory has therefore largely been refuted."

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/where-did-hiv-come/

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/holiday-sharing-the-flu/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.