Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 289 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Taxman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

apk (resized).jpg
    20160813_195641 (resized).jpg
    BreakfastShits (resized).png
    birdflu (resized).PNG
    th (resized).jpg
    Medicinal,Man! (resized).jpeg
    science1 (resized).jpg
    bubbleboy1a (resized).jpg
    double_dip_1 (resized).jpg
    JM (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2464 (resized).PNG

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 7 years ago

Anyone else down sick with the flu after enjoying some quality time with family & friends over the Holidays?

With all the alcohol consumed I find it hard to believe germs survived but I am down for the count today. Just wondering if I am alone or if others have also had someone they love share the flu with their family.

This really sucks! But we did have a great time over the weekend so I guess in the end it is worth it!

#2 7 years ago

Please do not post as your flue viruses might jump through the internet onto this sight and then come to all of us. You need to have a DR's note before you can post again.

#3 7 years ago

Sick as a dog, and all i can think of is my taf restore. Just have no energy.

#4 7 years ago

Wife and I were in Vegas mid December and she caught Norovirus. Was confined to the hotel room for two days solid. Luckily I did not get sick. Had a hell of a time playing pinball at NYNY though!!

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from shovelhed:

Sick as a dog, and all i can think of is my taf restore. Just have no energy.

Exactly the way I have been feeling for past day and a half. I love to eat and all day yesterday I had one slice of toast and didn't think that was staying down. Today is a little better but this is not the way I had intended to spend this week!

To anyone who has gotten sick after a Holiday visit all I can say is the memories will likely last longer than the sickness. So once we are feeling better at least we will be able to enjoy the memories!

#6 7 years ago

Got a flu shot

#7 7 years ago

I kill the fool gets me sick.

IMG_2464 (resized).PNGIMG_2464 (resized).PNG

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Got a flu shot

That only stops some % of some flus...which of course almost no one has when they say "I have the flu" anyway

I remember last years shots the found out didn't do anything anyway...whoops

#9 7 years ago

Got sick a week before xmas and just now it's finally almost all gone .. seems like a nasty one going around this year

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Got a flu shot

From what I heard, the flu virus that's been going around is not the same one they developed the flu shot for back in October/November, so unless you got another flu shot with the correct virus you're not protected.

#11 7 years ago

Good to go here, but I keep plenty of hand sanitizer nearby, and continually keep my flipper buttons & game exterior as clean as the play fields. I also drink tons of vitamin C every day via Orange Juice and Apple Cider, haven't had a flu shot, refuse to get them, and haven't had the flu or gotten sick from anything other than food poisoning in 10+ years or more.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

Good to go here, but I keep plenty of hand sanitizer nearby, and continually keep my flipper buttons & game exterior as clean as the play fields. I also drink tons of vitamin C every day via Orange Juice and Apple Cider, haven't had a flu shot, refuse to get them, and haven't had the flu or gotten sick from anything other than food poisoning in 10+ years or more.

Typically I am the same way. This year was my first ever flu shot and as luck would have it also my first time getting the flu in about 20 years. I am trying to drink plenty and get some sleep but this really kind of sucks! I think the issue at our place was lots of great food & dips so it is fairly easy to spread something around. My daughter-in-law makes a couple home made dips that are "to die for" so I can't help myself.

Such is life!

#13 7 years ago

I very rarely get sick, but I did over the holidays. Was out of commission for 3 days, worst I have felt in a long long time. Not even sure what it was exactly.

#14 7 years ago

Yeah, I was taking germs in bulk over the holidays, including a couple rare ones. I plan on sending them back out in a few days, or maybe a few weeks. First come first served. Or maybe I'll make appointments. Or maybe draw straws. Or maybe a silent auction. Screw it, I've suffered enough and worked hard to get these germs I'm gonna put em on Ebay and get every penny I can for them. I can't make up my mind, it's like a sick joke.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Got a flu shot

Hate to get preachy but flu shots are by far one of the worst things you can do for your body's overall physical & mental health. Many diseases & cancer causing micro bacteria you are injecting yourself with can & will remain dormant for years. Flu shots are manufactured by private corporations that care nothing for your health. Don't drink the government koolaide. They're not your friend. Do some research. Soapbox over...play pinball.

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

From what I heard, the flu virus that's been going around is not the same one they developed the flu shot for back in October/November, so unless you got another flu shot with the correct virus you're not protected.

Well I'm not sick either.....so whatever.

Actually I rarely get the flu anyway. I get head colds like a mother F, but very rarely the flu.

#17 7 years ago

I always wondered why people who choose to get shots are so worried about those who don't. I mean seriously, if you're "safe" because you got a shot, why worry about those who chose not to?

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Hate to get preachy but flu shots are by far one of the worst things you can do for your body's overall physical & mental health. Many diseases & cancer causing micro bacteria you are injecting yourself with can & will remain dormant for years. Flu shots are manufactured by private corporations that care nothing for your health. Don't drink the government koolaide. They're not your friend. Do some research. Soapbox over...play pinball.

Link?

#19 7 years ago

And here we go

#20 7 years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza_vaccine

They are generally safe, unless you are allergic to eggs.

Obviously, effectiveness varies depending on what virus is going around and what virus the vaccine was intended to target.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That only stops some % of some flus...which of course almost no one has when they say "I have the flu" anyway
    I remember last years shots the found out didn't do anything anyway...whoops

"Vaccines are created to protect against the three or four mostly likely culprits. Some years the guesses are good and the vaccines are quite effective. Other years the guesses aren’t so good and the vaccines aren’t as protective as they could be.
    The flu vaccine may be imperfect, but it’s still worth getting. Here are three reasons why:

It may keep you from getting the flu.

If you do get the flu, you may not get as sick as you would have gotten without the vaccine, or you may be less likely to develop serious complications like pneumonia.

If you don’t get the flu, you can’t pass it on. So you will help keep other people from getting sick—including those who may become seriously ill or die from flu complications."

- Harvard Health Blog -

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I think the issue at our place was lots of great food & dips so it is fairly easy to spread something around.

Was this guy at your party?
    double_dip_1 (resized).jpgdouble_dip_1 (resized).jpg

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

This makes sense..at least in my case. My son and I got our annual flu shot in October and have been sick for nearly 2 mos. I'm on my 2nd round of antibiotics and feeling great now but hoping to finally knock it out of the system. I Can't get updated flu shots or vaccines for my kid until we're 100%. This has been a nasty sick season.

#25 7 years ago
    #26 7 years ago

Man I caught strep throat and shared it with most of my family over the month of Dec. I'm just now getting the last crud out of my lungs.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Get back to finding Bigfoot, the world awaits your scientific discoveries.

#28 7 years ago

Most of the time it's usually just a bad cold/bronchitis/strep or sinus infection. When you get the flu you'll know. I had the flu about seven years ago and it's no joke. 104 degree fevers, ice baths and emergency room visits. I've gotten a flu shot every year since.

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Most of the time it's usually just a bad cold/bronchitis/strep or sinus infection. When you get the flu you'll know. I had the flu about seven years ago and it's no joke. 104 degree fevers, ice baths and emergency room visits. I've gotten a flu shot every year since.

Most people who think they get the flu do not. As you stated, it's a horrible virus that usually takes you out for a long time. Having high fevers, body chills, etc.

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Yeah, I was taking germs in bulk over the holidays, including a couple rare ones. I plan on sending them back out in a few days, or maybe a few weeks. First come first served. Or maybe I'll make appointments. Or maybe draw straws. Or maybe a silent auction. Screw it, I've suffered enough and worked hard to get these germs I'm gonna put em on Ebay and get every penny I can for them. I can't make up my mind, it's like a sick joke.

I see what you did there.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Need photos please.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

I have to agree. I don't get them either, especially after all of those people died several years ago from a tainted lab creating vaccines. My wife just got a flu shot and has been sick for 2 days as a result of the shot. No thanks! "Airborne" is a great product that has helped me kick any cold coming on.

#34 7 years ago

Almost 3 days after this started and still running 102+ fever. Just wish I would die and get it over with! Everyone else is about a day behind me so I can give each of them a play by play of what is coming next! And so far what is next has not gotten any better! What a great start to 2017!

#35 7 years ago

Going on 10 days of this. 102 fever even with meds. Don't even have the energy to play any of my machines. I feel useless. But enough about me, how you doin?

#36 7 years ago

Think I've slept more than I've been awake the last few days. Must be what it's like to be my Pug.

#37 7 years ago

Have you guys been to the doctor yet? Fevers running longer than three days should be checked out IMO.

#38 7 years ago

Sounds like all the alcohol killed everyones immune systems. Party until you puke! No pun intended.

#39 7 years ago

Lol, vitamin C, it's the key... Preferably enough in you to keep the flu away, not for after you get it although it will help with the battle.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jtm3:

Going on 10 days of this. 102 fever even with meds. Don't even have the energy to play any of my machines. I feel useless. But enough about me, how you doin?

I had a virus earlier in the year and got a fever for 4 days. I was misreable.

Hope you get well very soon.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

Lol, vitamin C, it's the key... Preferably enough in you to keep the flu away, not for after you get it although it will help with the battle.

I agree with this, also vitamin D is very important, so get out in some sunshine if possible.

#42 7 years ago

The flu shot is the government injecting us with micro GPS trackers. NEVER get a flu shot.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

also vitamin D is very important, so get out in some sunshine if possible.

When it's dark and gloomy outside for days I counteract it with milk. Seems like Vitamin D helps with depression and balances the mood a little.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

When it's dark and gloomy outside for days I counteract it with milk. Seems like Vitamin D helps with depression and balances the mood a little.

Vit D is very important. Take supplements and skip the milk.

And your body only metabolizes so much Vit C, and pisses the rest out. So those big 1000MG packets are a waste of $.

#45 7 years ago

Day 4 or 5 here (can't think to count that high right now) and I still just wish I would die and get it over with! Wife & I were just saying this is the sickest we have ever been in the 40 years we have known each other and I wouldn't wish this one on my worse enemy. What a way to start the New Year!

#46 7 years ago

I can't remember the last time I got sick, but I guess this song is rather appropriate for the occasion.

#47 7 years ago

Oh i bet you wish this on a few people on here lol.

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Oh i bet you wish this on a few people on here lol.

I sometimes get frustrated by the haters here and on other forums but I do realize they have their way of looking at things and I feel they do have the right to say what ever they want to say. I do wish more of them would have understood what I was trying to accomplish but since that wasn't the case I am forced to do things the harder & more expensive way. In the end doing things that way just cost everyone more money (including myself) but such is life.

Right now I am more frustrated with myself for getting sick and the fact that being sick is putting things in my life even further behind. Delays cost money so I really hate delays. But sometimes things outside of our control do have a way of changing things a good bit.

In any event try to avoid this flu (or what ever it is) any way possible. It is BAD and it isn't a 24 hour deal either.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cybergoonie:

flu shots are by far one of the worst things you can do for your body's overall physical & mental health.

uggh...this is by far one of the worst bits of advice uttered on pinside.

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

uggh...this is by far one of the worst bits of advice uttered on pinside.

And you are qualified to say this how?

There are 289 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/holiday-sharing-the-flu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.