(Topic ID: 221567)

Holding a flipper in to give an EM kicker a little extra kick - True?

By Mikala

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Blutarsky
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Internet Truth (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Pinsider Statictrance posted this statement in another forum. Is this true? I not seeing how or why this would work.

#2 5 years ago
    Internet Truth (resized).jpgInternet Truth (resized).jpg
    #3 5 years ago

I don’t know if there’s any basis to this but...when I was a kid playing pinball we used to try to double flip just as the ball was about to be ejected from a saucer in an attempt to weaken the force and thereby get multiple awards. I remember thinking it worked on some machines but not others...

#4 5 years ago

I think the opposite is true.

#5 5 years ago

So maybe hold the flippers up an releasing just before the eject coil fires?

#6 5 years ago

Defintely true for me as a kid. Now an ingrained habit.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/holding-a-flipper-in-to-give-an-em-kicker-a-little-extra-kick-true?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.