• Latest reply 4 years ago by zacaj
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hokus Pokus 1000 point relay (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Ok.... I’m not much on em’s but I’m keeping this one, so I want to make it right.

Bally hokus pokus. Two issues. First is at ball end, the bonus counts, but the score is not applied.... kind of like the game was tilted.

Second issue.... completing ABCD. Is supposed to light double bonus and spinners for 100 points. Neither of this happens, but if I push the double bonus replay in at any time, I get double bonus and the spinners.

On a related note.... when I spell ABCD, are they supposed to stay lit, or do they reset to be collected again? Mine resets without applying double bonus or 100 pt spinners.

I have a schematic, andbwithout pulling the bottom board, I have filed the associated relay contacts and score motor switches, but I still have these problems. I should probably pull the bottom board to inspect better, but are there any obvious triggers for these issues?

Thanks
Mike

#2 4 years ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

at ball end, the bonus counts, but the score is not applied....

If your bonus unit is doing its thing but the points don't add have a look at these switches that should fire the 1000 point relay:
Hokus Pokus 1000 point relay (resized).jpgHokus Pokus 1000 point relay (resized).jpg
When you score points while playing a ball the Ball Index relay should fire and the middle switch should close. When the ball drains the Bonus Score relay will fire if there is a bonus to award, which closes the lower switch and starts the score motor turning. With those two switches closed, pulses generated by the Score Motor 9 switch (at the top) should fire the 1000 point relay which should send pulses to your score reels.

completing ABCD. Is supposed to light double bonus and spinners for 100 points. Neither of this happens

There's an ABCD Series relay that should fire once you complete the sequence. Does that relay fire?

/Mark

#3 4 years ago

On a related note.... when I spell ABCD, are they supposed to stay lit, or do they reset to be collected again? Mine resets without applying double bonus or 100 pt spinners.

They should instantly reset and give you the award

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hokus-pokus-issues-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.