image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
0Hokus-Pokus-Work-03 (resized).jpg
CE45CB6C-EA49-41E0-B70C-A79077C4C16A (resized).jpeg
46AE5E18-4E2B-4442-A713-EE445038995E (resized).jpeg
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Thanks for the offer from the sunshine state! Rolf and HowardR have been helping me tremendously. I just can’t find a stuck switch on this thing. Lol.
We’ve gone thru just about the full schematic I think.
Rolf is amazing (he’s helped me on a few now)

You do seem to be in good hands. You guys will get it.

#102 5 years ago

Hi Nikrox2
thanks for post-100. Through the full schematics, hmm - see the JPG: There is a Jones-Plug in the pin - with wire-58-5-White-Black in it / on it. Unsolder away this wire / the wire from the socket. Then try the pin - does the pin functions (of course but not the 500 points plus bonus) ?
ipdb does not have the manual to Hokus Pokus - I looked up on "Flip Flop" https://www.ipdb.org/files/889/Bally_1976_Flip_Flop_Manual.pdf - on page-3 two Adj-Plugs for 3-5 ball adjustment are shown, so I allowed myself to redraw the JPG on the wiring (maybe true maybe false).
Anyway when Your pin have no longer the fault when wire-58-5-White-Black is unsoldered - You must follow this wire up to the playfield --- follow where-ever it goes - not only look at "gaps on switches" wide open --- also look for "stud of a blade with wire soldered-on", stud bent making faulty contact (?) - or a drop of solder fallen there ?, or a doghair crap of wire ? See here http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#fuses - scroll down to the third picture - see a bent stud (well the stud on a lamp is bent - but also could happen with a stud on a switch). You may also look here http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index2.htm#scorereelsvideo - scroll upwards two pictures - Star-Rollover-Switches on a Captn. Fantastic ... Greetings Rolf

0Hokus-Pokus-Work-05 (resized).jpg0Hokus-Pokus-Work-05 (resized).jpg
#103 5 years ago

Great stuff Rolf! Gives me things to work on. Perfect! I’ll keep trying ! Thank you !

1 month later
#104 4 years ago

So what was the problem

#105 4 years ago

Had my basement finished so haven’t been able to work on my games for about a month or more. Just about complete. So ready to Get back on this one (and my 1961 Double Barrel ). I’ll post my findings and probably need to chat with Rolf several more times first. Lol. He’s been such a help !!!

2 weeks later
#106 4 years ago

Update! Finally. After all of this time and searching. I had my basement / game room finished. Then 2 knee surgeries so haven’t had time to work on my games.

But after a few more hours under the hood I found the damn culprit. It was the outside A lane switch (right above the top hat gate ). It was closed. Not the upper switch but the 2nd one on the stack. Looks like it was closed when the playfield was lowered over time

But finally she’s back! And the sounds. Like an old lost friend came home!

Thanks guys!

Case closed on this one!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hokus-pokus-help/page/3?hl=nikrox2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.