• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bally copy 2 (resized).jpg
0Hokus-Pokus-Work-02 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Can I get some help? I have identified two problems, but thinking there is one solution to solve both problems. In order to advance the bonus score, I need to hit one of the letters A-B-C or D not once, but two times. The second issue is that when I collect double bonus, I get 4 times the bonus, not double. Anyone seen this issue before?

#2 5 years ago

Hi JethroP
i pick the "should get double bonus - but get four times bonus" --- a good site: http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/ then http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair then http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=EM_Repair#Bally_Score_Motor - then http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:BallyScoreMotor3-4View.jpg the Score-Motor is not turning - it is stopped in Home position. There are two Home-Position - an "entity of turning" is a turn (half a revolution) of 180 degrees.
Make maximum bonus - have the playfield up - watch the motor - listen to the Score-Drums - simulate "Ball is lost - ball enters the Outhole - watch and listen: On a turn of 180 degrees You see the motor actuates the switchstack on second cam: FIVE Times (SEE ALSO the bonus-ladder steps down the FIVE times). You hear the 1000-points-Score-Drum step FIVE times in the turn of 180 degrees.

NOW - make maximum bonus - make "double bonus shall be given" - watch the bonus-ladder when the motor does a turn of 180 degrees - the ladder should step down (within a turn of 180 degrees) TWO times --- in Your pin I believe it ONLY STEPS down ONE step (within a turn of 180 degrees) --- am I right ?

I show the JPG to the "getting the bonus" here - we may talk later about the JPG. Greetings Rolf

0Hokus-Pokus-Work-02 (resized).jpg0Hokus-Pokus-Work-02 (resized).jpg
#3 5 years ago

I made the maximum bonus (15 steps on the bonus unit) then simulated ball is lost. The motor turns 180 degrees, switch on cam 2 actuates 5 times, the bonus ladder steps down 5 times. The score motor makes two more 180 revolutions stepping the bonus unit down the rest of the way. When I enable Double Bonus, for each 180 rev of score motor, the bonus unit steps down 1 time and each step scores 4000 points!

#4 5 years ago

Hi JethroP
look at the JPG in post-2 --- on the left - bottom up - the "rosa/pink" wiring --- this is working --- Motor-Switch-2B (see the motor switch chart) closes five times on a turn of 180 degrees.

When You want to step down the bonus-ladder DOUBLE bonus: The Double-Bonus-Relay is pulling all the times - the switches are moved (other than shown in the JPG). NOW (double bonus) the stepping down the bonus-ladder is "two steps in a turn of 180 degrees - through Motor-Switch-8A and through Motor-Switch-5A.
Hmm - the Motor-Switch-5A is used in single-bonus for making one of the five "1000-points". This Motor-Switch-5A is most likely good. Therefore I see the problem in "bottom-up in the JPG: Wire-Yellow to Motor-Switch-8A - the switch - up along wire-color-40-1 to the three-bladed Make-and-Brake-Switch on the Double-Bonus-Relay - this switch on the relay". Check this mentioned wiring and the mentioned switches. Greetings Rolf

#5 5 years ago

Looks like this circuit runs through 3 M/B switches. Alternating Relay, 500 Bonus Advance Relay, and Double Bonus Relay. Are all operating correctly?

bally copy 2 (resized).jpgbally copy 2 (resized).jpg
#6 5 years ago

Progress. I cleaned motor switch 8A as well as the contacts on the Bonus Relay and the step down is now working correctly. I still have the issue that the bonus unit doesn't increment up each time a switch A-B-C or D are closed. It takes 2 times of a switch closure at A-B-C or D to increment the bonus unit up one notch.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi JethroP
look at the JPG in post-2 --- on the left - bottom up - the "rosa/pink" wiring --- this is working --- Motor-Switch-2B (see the motor switch chart) closes five times on a turn of 180 degrees.
When You want to step down the bonus-ladder DOUBLE bonus: The Double-Bonus-Relay is pulling all the times - the switches are moved (other than shown in the JPG). NOW (double bonus) the stepping down the bonus-ladder is "two steps in a turn of 180 degrees - through Motor-Switch-8A and through Motor-Switch-5A.
Hmm - the Motor-Switch-5A is used in single-bonus for making one of the five "1000-points". This Motor-Switch-5A is most likely good. Therefore I see the problem in "bottom-up in the JPG: Wire-Yellow to Motor-Switch-8A - the switch - up along wire-color-40-1 to the three-bladed Make-and-Brake-Switch on the Double-Bonus-Relay - this switch on the relay". Check this mentioned wiring and the mentioned switches. Greetings Rolf

SOLVED: Thank you Rolf for the explanation of the motor operation and the switch nomenclature. I was able to find another misadjusted switch on cam 6 that, once adjusted, solved the bonus scoring problem. All works correctly now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hokus-pokus-bonus-scoring-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.