• Bobby Orr's Power Play 6 votes
    67%

(9 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Playfield3.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Which is better?
I own a beat up Bobby Orr that I barely ever played because it's sitting at a friend's apartment for lack of space on my end, and I think the art on Ice Fever looks cool too, but never played one.

So, for those who played both, which is best?

#2 9 years ago

Have you ever played Olympic Hockey? I know it doesn't fit with your poll; but that would be my vote.

#3 9 years ago

Owned both but still have the BOPP one as it's one I restored. I like BOPP a lot but the IF has the three drop targets which you're to knock down and then you hit the captive ball for a goal. Once you do this 3 times you're awarded a hat trick. However, if you're able to hit the captive with one target still up you're awarded 2 goals and if you knock down only the center target and aim correctly you can hit the captive ball you will be awarded a hat trick the first time as long as two targets are still up. Pretty neat feature.

I would like to get another Ice Fever some day but I am partial to Bally so I would recommend BOPP over IF!

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Have you ever played Olympic Hockey? I know it doesn't fit with your poll; but that would be my vote.

Nope! First time I ever hear about it... I don't think I can edit the poll.
I just checked it out on ipdb. Not a big fan of those Williams EM with no inlanes.

#5 9 years ago

Power Play over Ice Fever. I checked out an Ice Fever a few months ago ready to buy (but had never played it). The art is awesome. It wasn't a well dialed in game which jaded my view but for about $800, I still walked away from it. I still keep coming back to Bobby..even though I have AC/DC and IJ...its a fun, old school game....give it a good waxing and keep it as fast as you can....its can be very punishing and, at other times, I kick ass on it and get the extra ball fairly easily.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

I own a beat up Bobby Orr

There was a chap on Pinside selling his CPR playfield for BOPP. You could look into it and possible restore your game!!!

Playfield3.JPGPlayfield3.JPG
#7 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

There was a chap on Pinside selling his CPR playfield for BOPP. You could look into it and possible restore your game!!!

Playfield3.JPG 326 KB

Yes, that's the plan next year.
I'll fix it up and give it to my dad next christmas (this is another machiavellian plan of mine - he'd never sell it, so if he gets tired of it he'll just tell me to come pick it up, and in the meantime we get to play when I visit him...).
The playfield is beat up with bad touch ups, but I have another playfield which has some wear but no bad touch ups, so I'll do my best to do good touch ups on it.

The cabinet would look alright if it weren't for the front that's really been hit hard by humidity so I think I'll try to just replace the front panel.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Walnut Creek, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hockey-pins-bobby-orr-vs-ice-fever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.