Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 233 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Liftserv
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HL Pinball Sign.JPG
    photo.JPG
    arcadesign.jpg
    image-936.jpg
    IMG_0849[1].JPG
    IMG_0848[1].JPG
    IMG_0847[1].JPG
    grannygun.jpg
    IMG_0110.JPG
    image-454.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    salt creek campground 015.jpg
    IMG_2470.JPG
    IMG_2467.jpg
    IMG_2469.JPG
    There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 9 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Sounds to me like there is plenty, I don't think they probably stock much more than 5-10 at a store. But with people buying and 8 or 9 at a time like they are gonna sell out (since one person buys all the stock) definitely creates a lack of stock, but as a "hot seller" I bet you they get plenty more back in, in the near future.

Exactly, the girl there said "the truck comes in on Wednesday".

#152 9 years ago

Fyi, round lake il had these about a month ago. I picked up the bowl sign for next to my bowler and the arcade sign as well. Idk if they still have more.

#153 9 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Sounds to me like there is plenty, I don't think they probably stock much more than 5-10 at a store. But with people buying and 8 or 9 at a time like they are gonna sell out (since one person buys all the stock) definitely creates a lack of stock, but as a "hot seller" I bet you they get plenty more back in, in the near future.

Most stores only had a few. In our town one HL had 1 the other had none.

I asked if they had any in stock and the lady told me since they were towards the front of the store they were 'out stock' products. Meaning they aren't ordering more or getting more. Once they're gone they're gone.

Who knows. Maybe with the run on these in the last week they may change their minds.

#154 9 years ago
    Quoted from Curtis_Playfield:

I estimate the bigotry exhibited by hobby lobby will put them under in the next 2-3 years if anyone's looking to wager!

If Curtis hasn't been ejected from the thread I'll take that bet. I'll give you even money and I'll be generous and put the time period at 3 years. What are the stakes?

#155 9 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

If Curtis hasn't been ejected from the thread I'll take that bet. I'll give you even money and I'll be generous and put the time period at 3 years. What are the stakes?

A years supply of contraception.

#156 9 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Not likely. I found a very helpful employee at my local store who said these are not in their catalog and won't be back in stock. They were on their "send out" table as he explained so they are limited. For those looking simply call your store, ask for home accents, describe the sign as a "metal cutout" and ask them to check the send out table. They will hold them for you until the end of the day. Another employee said different stores get inventory at different times, so check back next week.

#157 9 years ago

Well my HL didn't have this sign, but had 3 different TZ ones and the Arcade arrow cutout sign. I snagged the Arcade one. Should work for now.

#158 9 years ago

Got the last one here in Midlothian, VA.

#159 9 years ago

You guys talked me into it. One left in Mobile, AL...Airport Blvd @ Schillinger.

#160 9 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

You guys talked me into it. One left in Mobile, AL...Airport Blvd @ Schillinger.

We're good at spending other peoples money.

#161 9 years ago

mikeo was kind enough to send me an extra sign that he picked up, there are some really good people here on pinside, he went out of his way to pack the sign up and even put packing peanuts in the box to protect it, I can't say enough good things about him, thanks mike !

#162 9 years ago
    Quoted from sed6:

Not likely. I found a very helpful employee at my local store who said these are not in their catalog and won't be back in stock. They were on their "send out" table as he explained so they are limited. For those looking simply call your store, ask for home accents, describe the sign as a "metal cutout" and ask them to check the send out table. They will hold them for you until the end of the day. Another employee said different stores get inventory at different times, so check back next week.

Well as they may be limited in quantity, hobby lobby doesn't buy anything that they cannot get enough to make the purchase worth while, and at $10 each, selling them for half price at $5, they probably cost $2 each, I am sure they bought more than $1000 worth, I don't think hobby lobby buys anything they can't get at least 10,000 of, so I don't believe there is a shortage and more than enough for all the pinheads......well maybe not for each pinhead to have 10 each, but.

I could be wrong, just an opinion, but as a business man, I would not waste my time distributing just a few signs to each hobby lobby, so I can profit $40 a store. Then again, they are probably just mixed into all the metal signs, but if that was the case, there could easily be more on weds shipment.

But let's be honest, store employees have no idea what's coming in on the next truck, stock is handled at the corporate level.

Also that is awesome of the folks (sed6) that grabbed some and offered them up here! Some great people in this hobby!

#163 9 years ago

I just went to Hobby Lobby and bought the 3 they had. I only need 1 so I have 2 extra. PM me if interested.

#164 9 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Well as they may be limited in quantity, hobby lobby doesn't buy anything that they cannot get enough to make the purchase worth while, and at $10 each, selling them for half price at $5, they probably cost $2 each, I am sure they bought more than $1000 worth, I don't think hobby lobby buys anything they can't get at least 10,000 of, so I don't believe there is a shortage and more than enough for all the pinheads......well maybe not for each pinhead to have 10 each, but.
    I could be wrong, just an opinion, but as a business man, I would not waste my time distributing just a few signs to each hobby lobby, so I can profit $40 a store. Then again, they are probably just mixed into all the metal signs, but if that was the case, there could easily be more on weds shipment.
    But let's be honest, store employees have no idea what's coming in on the next truck, stock is handled at the corporate level.
    Also that is awesome of the folks that grabbed some and offered them up here! Some great people in this hobby!

Those signs probably cost under 50 cents to make per unit. Freaking cheap ass Chinese paint and metal.

#165 9 years ago

I have been to four hobby lobby's and have only found one sign.

#166 9 years ago

Both signs are spoken for.

#167 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tyamry:

Both signs are spoken for.

Dang. Skunked again!

#168 9 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

Dang. Skunked again!

I'm gonna try tomorrow, they were supposed to get their truck in today and if I score I save ya one. Keep your fingers crossed.

#169 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm gonna try tomorrow, they were supposed to get their truck in today and if I score I save ya one. Keep your fingers crossed.

Do you still need one? Did you ever call the Woodbury location? They had one when I called, but that was a week ago now. I could grab it for you if they still have one or get any in.

#170 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm gonna try tomorrow, they were supposed to get their truck in today and if I score I save ya one.

Thanks. Very much appreciated!

#171 9 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Do you still need one? Did you ever call the Woodbury location? They had one when I called, but that was a week ago now. I could grab it for you if they still have one or get any in.

Thanks John but I went out there twice and it was nowhere to be found and I asked people too.

#172 9 years ago
    Quoted from kcpinchip:

Thanks MikeO! My wife picked up one on her way home from work last night.
    The sign has found a temporary home

Pinball tin.JPG 227 KB

That cigarette/candy machine is in fantastic shape. I like the batman figure in there. Seems cheap at only .45 cents.

#174 9 years ago

I'll go to the Hobby Lobby in Sioux Falls over lunch today to take a look. I don't want one but I'll buy all of them if I see any and then sell them at cost + shipping to people on here.

#175 9 years ago

I found them locally, but the 50% off sale apparently ended after last week, so I wasn't paying $20 per sign.

#176 9 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That cigarette/candy machine is in fantastic shape. I like the batman figure in there. Seems cheap at only .45 cents.

Thank you, the grandkids love being able to get an action figure or hotwheels car instead of candy.
    By far the cheapest addition to the gameroom, 10 bucks at an estate auction.

#177 9 years ago
    Quoted from pkiefert:

I found them locally, but the 50% off sale apparently ended after last week, so I wasn't paying $20 per sign.

Just google hobby lobby coupon. You usually can get 40% off all the time on 1 non sale item. Just like michaels, the store makes money even when the items are on sale.

#178 9 years ago

My local store was sold out. If anybody has an extra one, please ship to me. I'll paypal you to cover all costs. PM me.

#179 9 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

I'll go to the Hobby Lobby in Sioux Falls over lunch today to take a look

No dice. They are either sold out or didn't have any

#180 9 years ago

Got my sign today. Thanks Mike! !

#181 9 years ago

Useless fact of the day:

I work right down the street from the Hobby Lobby CEO owned college (he bought it back in 2007 when it was Bradford College)

This concludes the useless fact of the day...thank you.

#182 9 years ago

If you have a smart phone, you can download apps for Hobby Lobby and Michaels, which gives you never-ending coupons valid for 1 item per purchase. Hobby Lobby is always 50% off one regular item, and Michaels is always 40% off one regular price item. The issue is finding something at Hobby Lobby "not" on sale. I very rarely shop at either, but thought I'd pass along the tip for those that do.

Quoted from northvibe:

Just google hobby lobby coupon. You usually can get 40% off all the time on 1 non sale item. Just like michaels, the store makes money even when the items are on sale.

#183 9 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Got my sign today. Thanks Mike! !

You're very welcome, John.

#184 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Looks like the signs are showing up on eBay now - inflated too

I bet Curtis bought a bunch and is peddling them on ebay...

#185 9 years ago

Hey Mike got the sign today and it's up. Thanks much.

#186 9 years ago

Still want one if anyone has an extra. Thanks Mike

#188 9 years ago

For those of you who shipped one, how did you package and send it? I'm going to mail one to another member and am looking for a cheap/secure option. Thanks!

#189 9 years ago
    Quoted from sed6:

For those of you who shipped one, how did you package and send it? I'm going to mail one to another member and am looking for a cheap/secure option. Thanks!

I just mailed my extra to a fellow Pinsider yesterday. I used an extra cardboard box I had and the sign just fit wedged in corner to corner. I also had a couple of extra air-bubble packs that I used to add support should it unwedge itself. I then package taped the crap out of it.

It's probably not the most professional looking job, but the sign itself came shrink wrapped in plastic too so I think it will be fine. I just hope it doesn't get bent, but you could bend it back into shape if necessary. It's supposed to arrive on Monday, so we'll see how it goes.

#190 9 years ago
    Quoted from sed6:

I had just installed two new 4 foot LED shop lights and the boxes were left over.

I cut each box in half and refinished the cut end and they worked perfect for the four signs I sent out. Since the signs were already sealed in plastic wrap I just filled the open space in the boxes with styrofoam peanuts I had sitting around.

I sent them USPS Priority Mail and paid for the postage and created the labels on line. Each sign was like 1.5 pounds boxed and ranged from $7-$9 depending on how far the Pinside member resided. I'm in Kansas City. The one that went to MN was only $7 while the three that went to FL and PA were $9.

Processing on line saves $1.00-$1.50 per package.

#191 9 years ago

Thanks guys!

#192 9 years ago

My sister bought this for my birthday.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#193 9 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

I had just installed two new 4 foot LED shop lights and the boxes were left over.
    I cut each box in half and refinished the cut end and they worked perfect for the four signs I sent out. Since the signs were already sealed in plastic wrap I just filled the open space in the boxes with styrofoam peanuts I had sitting around.
    I sent them USPS Priority Mail and paid for the postage and created the labels on line. Each sign was like 1.5 pounds boxed and ranged from $7-$9 depending on how far the Pinside member resided. I'm in Kansas City. The one that went to MN was only $7 while the three that went to FL and PA were $9.
    Processing on line saves $1.00-$1.50 per package.

So that's where ya got the box. Mine arrived in perfect shape.

#194 9 years ago
    Quoted from danisme:

I just mailed my extra to a fellow Pinsider yesterday.

The fellow Pinsider got the package today, safe and sound. Let me express publicly my thanks to danisme for sending me his extra sign. 'A very thoughtful and generous gesture.

You meet some of the nicest people here on Pinside.

#195 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

So that's where ya got the box. Mine arrived in perfect shape.

Glad it got to you Paul. Enjoy.

#196 9 years ago

Has anyone figured out what the pin is that is reflected in the golfball, errr, pinball?

#197 9 years ago

I just noticed this thread earlier this evening, so I rushed out to my local HL in Manhattan, KS thinking they would probably all be gone by now. I looked and looked with no luck and was about to give up when I finally found it. Only one of them left and still at the 50% off. So I snagged that and got that Pinball Wizard puzzle as well. Thank you, Pinside!

#198 9 years ago
    Quoted from Craig:

The fellow Pinsider got the package today, safe and sound. Let me express publicly my thanks to danisme for sending me his extra sign. 'A very thoughtful and generous gesture.
    You meet some of the nicest people here on Pinside.

I'm glad it made it okay. Happy to be able to help you get one.

For all the griping some people do about Pinside I think the good Pinsiders far out-weigh the not so good Pinsiders and I like to pitch in when I can to keep it positive.

#199 9 years ago

And to think this thread came about because my wife went to Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago. Funny how that works out. Glad she was looking out for us.

#200 9 years ago

OP, thanks again for letting us know.

While I know it really doesn't matter, perhaps some readers of this thread could counteract the frivolous (IMHO) down voting that occurred to early posters with a simple thumbs up or two? Just to get it away from negative...

There are 233 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobby-lobby-pinball-wizard-sign/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.