image-350.jpg
image-847.jpg
Woz1.jpg
image-7.jpg
147.jpg
50.jpg
49.jpg
1800218_864126546939276_1755374531318994760_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hunchbackhodler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 9 years ago

here you go

49.jpg49.jpg
50.jpg50.jpg

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from mattsmith:

First reaction, based on the pics alone the game looks good but visually doesn't seem to come together well. You have what looks like a random dragon that doesn't convincely look like it is apart of the landscape of the game, a horse shoe looking ramp in the center and a book which hides the entire river that the barrels are floating down. The book to me looks like a useless item on the playfield and I'm sure will be the first thing to be replaced with a mod. The color of the targets below the book just don't seem to balance well with the rest of the game either.
The drop targets are interesting but I don't get overly excited about shooting drop targets as a large part of the game, which, seem to take up a good portion of the playfield and I am assuming plays a large part of the game. Talking heads have also been done before.
I do think the LCD screen, sound and modes will bring a lot of value to the game.
Also I have read many of the sculpt comments and I really feel the sculpts look slightly above average but not anything I would brag about.
Overall, at first glance, the game looks good but I think WoZ and TBL look better. I think WoZ and TBL have more innovation in their game as well. With TH it looks like a lot of targets and shots. Maybe that type of game just doesn't do it for me. The game looks flat, the toys don't blend in well or in the case of the book don't lend anything to the game. I feel the theme could have been better represented. There really isn't anything that pops for me when I look at the table.
I do have a Hobbit Pre-Order. I do feel it's going to be a good game but there is a lot of other things I can spend 8K on. I'm hoping some videos will raise my level of excitement of the game. I could be completely wrong about how I feel about it after playing it.

Hobbit looks like it was done on a much cheaper budget than WoZ. Look at the Hobbit pics I posted above and then look at this:

147.jpg147.jpg
image-7.jpgimage-7.jpg
Woz1.jpgWoz1.jpg

Maybe it's mostly a difference in art direction, whereas The Hobbit has none. Why did Joe Balcer and Greg Freres leave the company? because their departure is noticeable. And Balcer, the designer of this game, left in the middle of the production - that's not a good sign.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.50
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hunchbackhodler.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit?tu=hunchbackhodler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.