(Topic ID: 87264)

Hobbit Whitewood videos / New LCD clip !

By PinballSTAR

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Enjoy

LCD clip :

Contact us if you want to order a Hobbit LE $ 8,000 - payment plans available.

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#2 10 years ago

Cool! Trolls and haunted forest. Game looks like it's flipping nicely, nice variations on the ramps/upkickers. And that big open space on the upper left with 3 standups....

#3 10 years ago

I know most of what we see and hear are just placeholders for now, but I swear every once in a while I hear a Tie Fighter fly by.....

#4 10 years ago

Seeing this whitewood, I'm pretty much sold on TH. It looks to be a solid game with interesting shots, mechs, etc. I love the variety that diverters give you. A troll blocking each main ramp/orbit shot. There will be some killer modes for sure. And we haven't even seen smaug or the drop targets yet....

#5 10 years ago

Yeah I'm waiting till it's released to buy one. Figure I may get it sooner as I am done with th ed, pre-order payment plan model.

#6 10 years ago

Looks like a pretty cool layout. However, like on WOZ, the upper right flipper seems to be shooting at nothing.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Looks like a pretty cool layout. However, like on WOZ, the upper right flipper seems to be shooting at nothing.

....I guessing when the Smaug shows up that will change

#8 10 years ago

On the third video, just before he starts. Looking at the lcd screen, that almost looks 3D.

Is it?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

On the third video, just before he starts. Looking at the lcd screen, that almost looks 3D.
Is it?

Great pickup!! After going back & forth a few times, it definitely looked 3D. Almost as if you could walk right into it. Did you also notice him hurrying to start it as if he was trying to hide something.

#10 10 years ago

Is it?

Thats called "parallax scrolling".

#11 10 years ago

Ok. Well, it looks great. (On ipad, so standing in front will be even better)

#12 10 years ago

Yep parallax scrolling. But everything is an OGV or FLV video file. It's all pre-rendered, the game is just playing them back. Doesn't detract from the coolness factor though!

#13 10 years ago

I'm liking the look of the flow on this - with deep rules this could be a truly killer game.

#14 10 years ago

Thanks for posting Joe, can't wait till I get mine.

#15 10 years ago

I'm convinced that the troll stand up is to throw us off. I reckon they are going to be side accessed scoops that can only be hit by the upper flippers.

#16 10 years ago

The slings are pretty cool with the toys.

#17 10 years ago

The more i watch the more i like it. I think its very difficult to make a whitewood and play a game that is fun to watch.

But the hobbit does the trick. When this game is ready it will be something very special.

I really think this will be the new number one pin.

#18 10 years ago

The more i watch the more i like it. I think its very difficult to make a whitewood and play a game that is fun to watch.

But the hobbit does the trick. When this game is ready it will be something very special.

Nice to see you digg the hobbit that much Plunge... Are you in (on the pre-order list)?

I really think this will be the new number one pin.

Would be nice to have a real competitor for the no 1 spot, but I guess it's way to early to tell. So far there are lots of crazy cool idea's / speculations what the hobbit will be like and will have toywise, but all we can hope for is some of those thoughts will make it into the final game!

#19 10 years ago

Am i in?

Yeah.... I wish... Haha .

Maybe some day.

And yes, you are right, its all speculation and hoping, true. But i enjoy doing it, .

Ps. Although i think it will be fantastic and i have zero doubt about jjp, even when i got the money, i would not pre order. I want to see it at ministry of pinball, pay and leave with a pin.

But thats future talk.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 25.50
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-whitewood-videos-new-lcd-clip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.