47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#423 10 years ago

That would be a neat concept, a "legal" death save. Wouldn't need to bump it nearly as hard.

I wonder if that would cut down on actual forceful death save attempts?

7 months later
#2756 9 years ago

I didn't know there was a gold alligator in these movies. I'll have to check them out.

#2880 9 years ago

The visuals so far just don't do anything for me. I don't like the pop ups, the spider is the only one I think looks good. The white one reminds me of a garbage pail kid.

I still look forward to playing it. It won't matter to me what it looks like if it plays awesome.

kieselstein_cord_18kt__gold_alligator_brooch_1358373374.jpgkieselstein_cord_18kt__gold_alligator_brooch_1358373374.jpg
#2928 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, Jackson was a little bitch, sorry to say. Too protective of his precious to let some dirty pinball people have a little fun. That concept video of the pinball bowling down the goblins was hilarious.

He completely ruined Hobbit/LOTR for me. I read the books so many times as a kid, I had my own visions of what it looked like, and it didn't mesh well with his vision.

#2936 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

LoTR: Overall fantastic with a handful of moments I didn't like.
TH: Overall I don't like it, with a handful of moments that are fantastic.

I haven't even watched the Hobbit because I was so disappointed with the LoTR trilogy.

#3104 9 years ago

Damn, those are so much better than the gold alligator.

2 months later
#4290 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

unless your special.

Easy with that shit. How many people do you want to piss off on this page alone?

#4325 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I disagree with that actually, I'm waiting to see what 35 actually means before being down on it though.

Same. I'm gonna have to play it before I judge. I'd love a really deep game that is easy to understand. I've tried to give TZ a chance dozens of times, and just can't get into it. I don't completely understand what I'm supposed to be doing, and don't care to take the time to learn.

If Hobbit presents a deep game that is easy for inexperienced players to learn, it's going to be a hit for me.

#4335 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Really? If you can't figure out TZ, you really shouldn't be in the hobby

I should quit the hobby because TZ sucks?

#4352 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I don't understand people who can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes (or less) to learn a game's rules. TZ might be "deep" by pinball standards, but everything you need to know is written on a 3x5 card in the apron. Hell, it can be condensed even further:
Shoot ramps to light locks, mode starts and gumball shot. Shoot locks for mutiball. Shoot yellow mode start shots for door modes. Shoot right side when lit to cycle gumball, do that enough to get powerball. Shoot powerball back up right side for another multiball. Inlanes lights opposite orbit for spiral award.
The above paragraph covers 95% of TZ. Not exactly rocket science. Now, learning how to play the game WELL and EFFICIENTLY and get good scores... that's the learning process!

It's not just the rules of the game. I can memorize anything. That doesn't make a game fun for me.

I have no connection to Twilight Zone as a show, so I don't understand what significance the piano, door, gumball machine, clock, etc.. play. I'm not going to take the time to go understand the lore just so I can understand the pinball machine.

In my opinion, TZ does a poor job of explaining the goals or why things happen in what order.

4 months later
#6725 8 years ago

03b74c9b6adcb477fcff5ac2ac6836d887c5c36afab39b2c9ec09aae1e57dbe3.jpg03b74c9b6adcb477fcff5ac2ac6836d887c5c36afab39b2c9ec09aae1e57dbe3.jpg

#6733 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Making more friends one comment at a time. Well, unless you own a jeep and have probably burned to death

Did you mean to quote me? I'm not sure what you mean.

#6737 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Adding to your comment about our gregarious friend

Ah, ok.

I was just ribbing him.

1 week later
#7128 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

We are starving and will grovel for any crumb you can throw us.

I'd really like to see as well. I don't care if it's shaky or portrait mode, I just wanna check it out.

#7132 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Ok, welcome to the worlds worst video.

That video is just fine, thanks for uploading it!

Smaug talking looks pretty cool and the lighting effects are neat.

#7216 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

This may have been posted already, but wanted to share it. I just stumbled on it on YouTube.
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting that, I hadn't seen it. Really looking forward to seeing what Pat's game is!

#7241 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

How long you can go before the money runs out you call your 'runway'.

This is a good read on burn rate and runway for anyone that wants more info beyond what Flynnibus posted. Burn Rate is startup 101.

http://www.bothsidesofthetable.com/2014/09/28/what-is-the-right-burn-rate-at-a-startup-company/

#7262 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

but generally starting a mode will only consume the qualifiers used to start it.

Sorry if I missed it, but is there a list of all the modes, qualifiers, and what you hit to activate a mode once you've achieved all the qualifiers?

This sounds amazingly deep and I'm trying to wrap my head around it. Looking forward to playing it one day.

#7317 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

?
Why would they have fallen further in debt by getting replacement parts that the vendor had screwed up? JJP shouldn't have had to pay twice.

I don't think you read his post right (or maybe I didn't).

#7319 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How so? He says JJP fell further into debt in response to getting the replacement back glasses. What did I misread?

He put the big "Sarcasm" emoticon after it.

Then he said, In all seriousness... before he complimented JJP on getting them back so fast.

I think he was making a parody of a typical attack on JJP.

#7321 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes, he was being sarcastic in criticizing JJP *for going further into debt*.
My point being: there is no sarcasm applicable here because JJP didn't go further into debt.

Don't know what to tell you man, you are taking it the wrong way. He meant it as a joke.

3 weeks later
#7565 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I don't quite understand why some people have problems with a company offering pre-orders either since it is entirely optional for the buyer.

Because pre-orders have so far been used to actually fund the companies during the startup phase, pre-spending the profits before they are earned. This creates a nasty cycle that requires pre-orders to keep going.

1 week later
#7911 8 years ago

You guys were so busy arguing about dicks, you missed the most important thing in this thread.

Quoted from jams77:

I bought a bugatti and it was 6 months late and they credited me back $$, got hand written letter, and ton of phone calls letting me know what was going on.

You got a Veyron!?!?!?!

#7913 8 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Read my mind exactly, WM.
I guess we all can't afford Koenigsegg Trevitas.

You got a Trevita!?!?!?!

Like George Costanza, I think it moved....

2 weeks later
#8467 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Boom, done. Haters are gonna hate, and make fun of you for being late no matter what. People who want a good game are going to be more patient if you just open up and say that.

Even if the news is bad, communication is critical.

Your post made me think of a clip from Silicon Valley, where nobody will tell the higher ups the bad news about delays:

#8477 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I tried to watch that show and had to stop, it felt too much like being reminded of work when I was trying to relax.

That's what makes it great to me. There is a scene in the latest season where Jared brings out a SWOT analysis chart, and I almost passed out from laughing so hard. I know someone that matches up with almost every single character on the show, as I'm sure you do.

#8480 8 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

Don't you mean Silicon Valley == One of the best shows eva! Equality not assignment
Sorry seemed appropriate...

Only in some languages.

#8587 8 years ago

Game looks really good!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.