47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamprat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3666 9 years ago

I want my Hobbit!

#3780 9 years ago

A NIB Stern LE is nearly the same price as a NIB JJP LE in Australia and the Stern comes without shaker, invisiglass and lcd.

I know where my money is going.

#3786 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

in your pocket so you can buy 5 or 6 older titles?

Yeah that's always an option for sure but I couldn't get 5 or 6 older titles that I was interested in over here for 12k. Pins prices here are high atm.
More like 2-4 depending on the title.

#3802 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I now realize why I never had a desire to see that movie. It looks just awful.

I was a projectionist when this was released and I would watch every movie that came out.
Yes it is a awful film and it has tom cruise and penelope cruz in it....I get shudders just thinking about it.

#3971 9 years ago

Hopefully something new will surface soon, some new video would be very cool.
Wasn't there some sort of pro photo shoot done recently?

#3999 9 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

I was hoping that if Smaug couldn't physically touch the pinball that maybe he would have at least thrown them around with some magnets placed in front of him....oh well...

Maybe Smaug will have the capacity to steal pinballs during multiball via the magnet and subway?

#4016 9 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

Hopefully, it's to put the ring on and take it off. Like you only get 30 seconds per game (you can earn more somehow) to wear it, but when you have it "on" you have certain advantages/disadvantages during play. That would be cool!

That is a very good idea.

#4048 9 years ago

More pics and more videos please if possible.

1 week later
#4123 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So Jack do you think the final version of the pin will look different, even significantly different than the latest photos just posted? And I'm glad you have the factory and the people in place

That's what I want to know, is it done or is there more to be revealed?
Wasn't there something going to be placed in the bag end shot or is that it as it stands now?

#4130 9 years ago

I'm still happy with it the way it stands atm and look forward to getting my SE.

#4163 9 years ago

Stern asks for money up front on games that are not completed to secure a LE or pro model that may take over a year to have completed code...that is if the code actually gets completed. Is this ok?

I am happy to see this out, my $$$ are with the distributor and if something does happen and TH never gets made and shipped to my distributor( which would be terrible news for pinball) I will buy a WOZ that they already have in stock.
I wish JJP all the best and will remain positive until proven otherwise.

#4175 9 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

True, but those pins were THOUSANDS of dollars less expensive...and since I'm paying thousands of dollars more, I expect thousands of dollars more bling and detail!
I don't think I said the game would play bad, I'm sure it will play fine. But in the meantime, i'll be playing a game that has unfinished code and has an unfinished looking playfield (IMO)...and when the code eventually gets done, i'll still be playing an unfinished looking playfield... (that I paid thousands of dollars more for)...

If it is this much of a concern then why buy it?

#4236 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

That is correct - I talked with Jen last week. I specifically asked if I could request the Red Smaug in my Smaug SE (instead of gold) and was told no. Anyone can, however, purchase the alternate dragon for $200. Also, I received clarification on a few other elements in the game. One, Jen confirmed that the image on the backbox is indeed a decal. Two, Bag End is finished. Period. The game that we've seen touring Germany the last several weeks is essentially the finished pin sans a few aesthetic changes - teeth on Smaug, LEDs in his eyes, and the green pillars. Otherwise, the game is complete. And while there isn't a stone cold set production date, JJP expects to start building Hobbits by the end of March and ship approximately 200 games per month; JJP is currently ordering parts. Jen also mused that the code is still in its infancy and the gameplay we've witnessed in the videos will pale in comparison to how the rules / LCD graphics, etc will look in the final production models. I'm outside Philly and hope to see the game in person within the next few weeks. If so, I plan to take a long and detailed video which I'll happily post on Pinside!

I guess the only thing left to see on the game is how the windlance and button on the apron operate.

#4248 9 years ago

I can live with the bag end shot the way it is, I want to know what the windlance will do and what the button on the apron will do.

#4265 9 years ago

It already is better than Woz as far as I am concerned and I haven't even played it yet.

#4270 9 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

well I used to talk a little junk about WOZ because I thought the theme was so lame...and then I played a friend's Ruby Red WOZ and WOW. That game was gorgeous, and fun. Seemed like it has tons to do. But yes, Hobbit is about 100x better a theme IMO.

I enjoy playing woz, it is a fun game.

#4320 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Means it is all subject to change until an actual production unit is released.

With the modes to be added to the code as well as the windlance, the apron button, the Beorn target in the right outlane and who knows what else will be included it is safe to say the software has quite a long way to go yet. It's shaping up to be a very deep game.
I wonder if there will be wizard modes on top of the 35 modes already in the game?

#4322 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Is it 35 modes? I was under the impression there would be 28..but the more modes, the better! Nice!

I am only going by the hexagons on the display but on the smaug game flyer it says" players choice to tackle over 30 game modes through standard timed play or in multiball" but that could have changed and it could be 28.

#4380 9 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Enough talk about decals. I know the game will be awesome, but I want to see the rules and modes and I want to get my game and play the hell out of it! So please JJP, hurry up to start the production.

+1
My sentiments exactly.

#4418 9 years ago

I was told by my distributor that he expects the game to be in Australia around July-Aug.

6 months later
#7714 8 years ago

I love the music in Tron but I love the music in IM more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamprat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=wamprat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.