47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vyzer2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#276 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Bilbo Baggins multiball wizard mode featuring music by Leonard Nimoy?!
» YouTube video

yes great find. However some things can never be unseen. Whatever possesed LN to do that..yikes!

3 months later
#1383 9 years ago

What a great idea Hokey to have some sort of fiber optics to light up the pile of gold!

3 months later
#1648 9 years ago

Once these small figures are integrated into the whole pf, they will look just fine. You have to accept Matt's explanation of how they were finally approved but prior to his post, it was a letdown for me.
Plus KJ can make a slab of plywood with flippers a fun game, so not too worried.
But, much hinges on how well Smaug turns out. Too much riding on that figure for it to be an average sculpture.
Again, lots of confidence in the jjp team.

2 months later
#2297 9 years ago

And what about the image in the middle between the speakers?

#2299 9 years ago

thks for ruining my hopes

#2304 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Sorry it was already there on the pin at the expo. But don't let your hopes go It was said the area will get a function in future games. Or we can hope for an upgrade on existing games?

Thks. Yeah was too lazy to look up old pics. Im thinking this is going to be a great game!

#2339 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Have any of u guys ever been to iappa?
It's like arcade heaven! The best of the best new stuff, smoke show models walking around in booths, everything is amazing at this show.

ok..then take some pictures of the smoke show models....of course in between pictures of The Hobbit.

3 weeks later
#3306 9 years ago

Liking the new changes made. Still not wild over the brown block scenery around the back and side of Smaug. Other than that, huge improvement.

2 weeks later
#3610 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I think I've decided to go with the LE. I like seeing more characters than just Smaug. Plus, I was going to go with the red Smaug toy anyway. Without seeing the extra attract mode, I just can't let that push me to the SE.
I don't really understand why Jack is being so secretive with the current customers who are trying to decide which version to get. I find it a little frustrating.

I think he is waiting for the photo shoot pics to be received so he can have the best representation of the LE and SE.

2 weeks later
#3936 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Now a good game on woz is 1.5MM a fantastic game is 3MM.

#3946 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Or they could add an option in the menu that would take probably 15 seconds to code.
X10 Scoring On/Off

But it's not the vision of the programmers.

#3958 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Not those colors...dwarf colors

2 weeks later
#4154 9 years ago

While TH could use some cosmetic changes, I think its going to be very special.
After market mods will most likely clean up some spots, but this mode based game is going to break some new ground.

1 week later
#4350 9 years ago

This game looks to be coded for the home user who wants a deeper game.....but will be fun to play by the casual player. There isn't a KJ game I haven't played that hasnt been great. Glad he is taking this to another level. Would love to have the option to save your progress, as I'm sure I'll never see the end. Keeps you coming back though.

#4390 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I am concerned about dirt trapped beneath the playfield protector. It's hard to imagine that the game is going to be used so heavily at home that the playfield will be damaged. At least, that's my guess. We'll see.

I wasn't going to get one till I got a chip in my woz pf. Need to get more info before making a final decision but definitely leaning towards it.

1 month later
#4974 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't think you would have got any thumbs down if, in fact, there was a little humor in your post.

Exactly....we all know it doesnt ship till next week.

1 week later
#5190 9 years ago

The rules will make this game very special and who better than Keith and Ted to make that happen. The art and music package is already there. I have no concerns TH will be a unique and fun game to own.

#5202 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

It is unique and the video graphics and sound are fantastic! Although I'm not sure about putting so much stock in having 20 or 30 modes. I'm not sure how I feel about a game of pinball lasting 30 or more minutes. It's not like there is a "save game" feature like in video games. I would have really liked to see more mechanical toys in this game and with such a wide open playfield the ball seemed to just float 3/4 of the way up the playfield many times and slooooowly roll back down.
I would be shocked if at this point the game isn't complete (minus more code.) I think a person can certainly make up their mind whether this game is for them or not at this point.

Woz was just ok in the first 6 months of release...just ok. Then when the final versions of the code were put in place turned the game into a masterpiece of stacking, colors, difficulty, scoring, etc. Keith said early on that he will show how a proper mode based game should be. For me, enough said.
Now, this may not be the gameplay some are looking for. I have a variety of games that give me fast play, short play....so looking forward to a unique style of pinball. What I see so far is ok, I just expect the coding will take it over the top. Expect Smaug to have much more interaction which will really put some finishing touches on gameplay. Right now code is at its infancy. This will be a unique pin when all is said and done.

#5456 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

it's not really a coding thing that's the problem. it's the lack of information on the playfield. Having a pretty display is all fine and good, but not having anything written on the playfield is bad. They are trying to have the display do everything, and nothing on the playfield so they have the freedom to write rules as they please. But it also assumes you know what shots are called or areas of the playfield are called. If pinball veterans can't figure it out, how the hell is someone new suppose to know what's going on?

What's the big deal? Like any game for the most part, your never going to understand all you have to do by walking up to a new game besides shoot the flashing lights. Once you play the game a dozen times, who needs to have words written on the pf. Sounds like trying to find an excuse for not liking a game.

#5499 9 years ago
Quoted from sj1000:

I am not a true blogger. Is troll a blog term or am I being slandered.

On Pinside its a term or endearment. Just carry on....or better yet, not.

#5648 8 years ago

Ill wait this delay out but i'm so done with preoders. I sure would like to hear what is delaying the release of TH. Some reliable updates and communication would be most welcome at this point. Good/bad reasons, anything at this point would help. Communication is so important when preorders miss deadlines.

#5652 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Some of you guys act like he's not releasing the pin just to spite you. Believe me, he wants it out more than you do. Things happen. When it's ready, it's ready. How many times does it have to happen before you realize that. If you're not built for the pre-order and wait concept, just don't do it.

I know JJP wants it out as soon as possible. I just would like some communication as to the delays. I have no problems with the reasons and can handle what those reasons are, no matter how much longer the delay may be. I was ok with preorders, thats all on me...but have changed my opinion when delays for "all" the preorder pins were way past given deadlines.

#5655 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Okay then, from Jack on the JJP forum:
There are really no concerns here - what we are doing is different than with WOZ -
1- We are actually verifying with each Vendor that they can make First Article Parts - that is a sample of the actual part that we need that matches a PO and a latest revision drawing. Now some of the Vendors have issues with this as they just want to "Run" 1000+ of something - when some of them did that with WOZ - the parts were wrong, costing us tens of thousands of dollars and many weeks of delay and rework….not doing it this time - we are taking longer to measure three times and cut once.
2- Parts are arriving daily and some are being rejected for QC issues even though they were made "correctly"
3- The code on Hobbit will probably be 80%+ when games ship - when games ship - when all the parts are here and we can build games - that's when they ship.
4- A big JJP supporter and someone who waited 3 years for a WOZ, Eddy Cue (Google him) and is on the Hobbit list called me a few weeks ago…..Eddy was marveling at the WOZ and what we accomplished….he told me…"Jack…it's OK to wait for Great Things" - he would know.
It's not WOZ - years and hope to see you at Allentown with a near-Production Hobbit…….Thanks, Jack

Timing is everything

1 week later
#5860 8 years ago

Thanks for the vid Julius. Fun b'sing with you yesterday.
Game looks great. One of the things that struck me was the size of Smaug's head. Its pretty big which I have never been able to get from looking at pictures.

1 week later
#6059 8 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

I am sure hoping that one of the modes in the game features the skirmish between Galadriel, Elrond, Saruman and the nine witchkings at Dol Guldur. That is a great scene. As much as I dislike Saruman in LOTR, he kicks a$$ in that scene:
» YouTube video
C'mon Keefer, make it so.

That would be a good one...and/or a riddle mode between Bilbo and Gollum where you have to hit a specific drop target for the correct answers. Would also like to see a mode where Bilbo puts on the ring and the pf goes dark and you have to hit a certain amount of shots to relight everything. At this point am sure the modes have already been mapped out.

#6065 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I think you meant Bilbo but love both of these ideas (and it's hard to imagine that at least the first one won't be in the final game).

. You are 100% correct. I was playing lotr right b4 I wrote that.

1 month later
#6529 8 years ago

What a transformation of this version than the one shown at Expo. Really brings in the whole color pallet and makes the game seem more of an adventure. Fwiw...going SE.

3 months later
#8530 8 years ago

That is one nice looking playfield!

Good art + good rules + good sound = a great game.

Disclaimer ....hope so, pretty confident none the less

#8637 8 years ago

I think the rules on TH are going to far surpass the rules on WOZ

5 months later
#9468 8 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I got the call!!!!
So excited

Me too! Can pu on Monday! But, supposed to get 6"+ snow in N NJ.

#9480 8 years ago

I lived through umpteen woz codes since I first got the game. With each new update, the game got geometrically better. So in that respect, I'm sure Keith and team have much more to offer. I too am concerned that the code is not further along. But what goes into programing and the minds of these guys, one can only guess. There seems to be so many assets like Smaugs speech recordings and the 31 modes Keith has spoken of, so not worried the gameplay and rule set will pull it all together. It will once again be fun to own the game and watch it develope with each update.

#9482 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I wsa very disappointed in WoZ when I was one of the first recipients and sold it a week later. HATED the callouts and gameplay rules it was sent with. Sold it within a week. I won't make that mistake again.

Ouch....live and learn. It really did come together over the past few years. So, it will be interesting to play and watch TH grow.

1 month later
#9751 7 years ago

The game is truly incredible with the latest coding and it's nowhere complete. There are more shots within this game already than any game I know of. It is really a blast to play, so much going on. Will be great to watch TH come fully together. Like a new game with every update.

5 months later
#10023 7 years ago

Great game! Sounds like you need to update to 1.90 so you can play botfa

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vyzer2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=vyzer2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.