47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6071 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Really? Down votes for being positive?

I can't speak for others, but I down voted your post for being phony. It wasn't long ago I read you trashing on the Hobbit. What changed?

#6079 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I said the hobbit was delayed. Never trashed that game. I think it's gonna be awesome

You just put out a phony vibe in your post. Like you're trying too hard. Sorry if I'm wrong.

2 months later
#7332 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Has JJP actually confirmed who any of their voice actors are?

If they're anything like the voice actors who did Dorothy and the wicked witch, then my guess is family members. Because those voice actors were so bad Jack must have gotten family to do them for free. So Darth Smaug was probably an uncle or cousin of Jacks.

#7334 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think the WOZ custom call outs are actually done very well. The wicked witch is spot on and Dorthy is pretty good too.

I owned Woz for over a year. You sir, are delusional.

#7338 8 years ago

Some of you need to revisit the movie. Then go play woz. The dorothy and witch have high shrill voices in woz. Judy garland and Margaret Hamilton have low deep voices. If nothing else, listen to "toto you're back" and tell me they sound the same.

#7341 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I can't believe JJP was so cheap they didn't hire the original actors to do voice work

Certainly there are voice actors out there that could sound pretty close to original. It would not surprise me if Jack used friends or relatives to do those voices to save money.

#7353 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's a licensed product...you don't get to hire your friends and family to do voices for licensed products. Like them or not, those are the voice actors WB chose and/or approved of. Doesn't mean they made the right choice. Listen to the terrible voices on X-Men or the miscast voices on Avengers....both approved by Marvel.

True. Those were pretty bad. Worse than woz

1 week later
#7442 8 years ago

That was really surprising for me to see too. If they screw up the routing somehow then you just wasted all that paint and clear. Not to mention the routers will f up the clear. Makes no sense to me.
Edit-thats probably just a test print. I doubt all those others underneath are printed because you would not stack that many freshly cleared playfields on top of each orher. Would you?

2 weeks later
#7583 8 years ago

The new investors have to be thinking about what the most profitable course of action is.

1. Halt production of WOZ to build 1500 or so Hobbits costing millions of dollars while taking in no money.

2. Continue building WOZ and taking in new money while putting off Hobbit production for as long as possible until preorder customers literally show up with their torches and pitchforks.

Hmm. What to do.......what to do?

#7588 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No you're not. It's just that the true minority is so vocal about that machine.

Yes....you are. I think most people like myself feel the opposite. The movie was not so great, but the pin is really good. Same with Avatar to a lesser extent.

#7607 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So...the music sucks, though. Right?

You've got to be joking. The music is awesome. Tron LE has probably the best sound/music package of any pin. Daft Punk multiball music is epic.

#7645 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh, it's a consensus, all right. WOZ ranks above both versions of Tron in the top 100.

I owned Woz for well over a year. I played Tron Le on location weekly for 2 years. There is no comparison. As far as BOM quality and just looking at it, WOZ was the clear winner. After pressing the start button Tron was the only winner. It's just a question of what you prefer.

#7646 8 years ago

BTW heres what the proceeds of the WOZ sale helped to fund..... Of course, thanks to Jacks public statements about no warranty transfer and refusal to upgrade early games with known defects with the appropriate fixes, I did take a bath on WOZ.

And if anyone comments about first world problems, or looks like someone has a case of the mondays, I am going to have my driver (pinchroma) transport Lawrence to your residence for a good talking to.

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg
image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#7648 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Is that a Mustang LE?

Sadly, no. My brother has the LE. This is a refinery edition. But when i was 15 and saw a beat to hell 66 convertible C code V8 for sale sitting outside a redondo beach house collecting dust and leaves(top was rotted completely away) for $3000 bucks in 1987 i begged my dad to help fund it. I had $1500 saved from working for the city painting fences since I was 13. I asked if he would pay half. He went with me to look at it, flashed $2700 cash and said take it or leave it. The owner took it. My dad let me keep my $1500 and freshman year of college painted it for me as well. Its 25 years later and due for another paint job, which will be done this winter. The WOZ helped fund the ford racing motors crate engine and Tremac T5 transmission.

#7686 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Let me try and address a few of your assertions. I will try my best to keep it civil. I do not have a “major personal problem” with you, but where I take umbrage is with your sanctimonious and arrogant tone as if you invented pinball. You are not Steve Kordek. You make hundreds of posts on Pinside every week as well as a countless number in this thread over the past year plus. It’s a public forum with thousands of members - do you not expect dissenting opinions? And perhaps the occasional pushback to match your supercilious musings? In the spirit of accuracy, I did not state “Full disclosure: I do not like you one iota” the first time I engaged you. I was respectful. Your endless digs at WOZ, JJP, and TH were getting stale. Not much has changed in the last year. Oh sure, you’ll occasionally post some disingenuous message about how you hope JJP succeeds, but it reeks of phoniness. You’re as transparent as InvisiGlass in that regard. No, it was you who immediately went for the knife in the top drawer and came at me. Because it was easy. Because that’s what you typically do. Because you like to bully people. So instead of folding like a house of cards, I punched you in the mouth (metaphorically, of course). And I’ll continue to swing for the fences [at you] whenever I see fit. You picked the wrong Pinsider to strong-arm because I have No Fear of poking around in the hornet’s nest at a “Pinside Immortal.”

Lighten up Francis.

#7710 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Do you mean to say it sucks, because that song and that band suck. JMO

You're right. It is just your opinion.

#7749 8 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

hopefully now that jjp has money (even though there never was money troubles) that they can order whatever parts need to be ordered to get these hobbits going out the door.

More likely that the new money is used to buy more WOZ parts. New investors are there to make money. There is money to be made selling WOZ right now. No money to be made selling the first 1500 or so Hobbits.

#7760 8 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Why do you think the first made TH's will be for people who prepaid?

Good point. It will probably play out similar to the way WOZ did. Everyone knew who the first handful of preorders were, so they got their machines first. The unboxing threads of a few dozen well connected pinsiders appeased the masses. Then when details of who was next in line were more sketchy, that's when Jack started pulling all the shenanigans, telling yarns about the many people who traded in their LE's for standards, and all these "distributors" who were secretly day one orders of a bunch of standards even though standards and distributors weren't announced until well after the preorders. With Hobbitt already having distributors and standards available very early on, it will be easier to play this game. The result is the same. Most of the preorder buyers or as Jack stated in the JPop thread "investors" (who should be happy with the journey on its own merits and not be surprised or too upset if they get stiffed) are in for a very long wait while new money jumps the line faster than a fake cripple and their entourage of 10 on a Disneyland ride.

#7761 8 years ago

I do hope Hobbitt turns out to be fun because WOZ sure wasn't. But why the heck did they copy the Fish Tales ramps/captive ball design. And pop up MM trolls as inlane hurry ups? Balcer?

2 months later
#8909 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

The story at the time was that some of the JJP distributors who had bought in day one with multiple LE orders (Standards were not available when WOZ was announced) chose to change some of their LE slots not yet sold to Standards and moved their unsold LEs to the end of the line.

Yep, that was the story.

#8910 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Jen did the best she could to keep things in order. Of course there are those that came late to the game and got their game before others but that had to do with dealer allocations.

Sounds plausible. Except for the fact that there were no day one dealers/distributors. They came quite a bit later to the party than the crowdfunders who were passed over similar to how Fredo was passed over by Michael.

1 month later
#9095 8 years ago

But what if they find problems with some of these test games?

#9131 8 years ago

Seems like air balls could get trapped around the SMAUG area pretty easily. Might need a plastic shield like POTC.

#9133 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Based on what? Your experience with the tens of thousands of plays at the shows over the last few years or just pure wild speculation?

Based on my eyes. It looks like there are a few ledges or nooks there. Notice my use of the word "could" not "would". So yes, it is speculation, although not really wild. I have not heard whether there have been any issues with this.

1 month later
#9371 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Nothing except a manual with MMr. Talk about a jip!

I believe the term is gyp, short for gypsy.

1 month later
#9587 8 years ago

With everyone stating that Keith is gonna knock it out of the park with future code, and Jack and Hobbit owners counting on him to deliver, I can't imagine dealing with that kind of pressure. I hope they're paying him well.

6 months later
#9867 7 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

same response i received ( about the sept delivery)

11 months from now?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=vicjw66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.