47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3511 9 years ago

I love having the Hobbit movies. Now I understand the whole backstory in Lord Of The Rings.

3 months later
#5132 9 years ago

Will Allentown have one to play?

1 week later
#5500 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Whether you have an issue with this particular person or not, why would you be so strongly against some outside party doing some investigation in order to make consumers aware of any risk here? I think there is significant risk right now and it is certainly not being made known to pre-order folks. It's just hard to imagine how JJP cannot be deep in the red with all of the significant delays and rework to games.

Jack brought on an outside investor. Liquidity shouldn't be a problem.

They probably won't be profitable till the 3rd game.

2 weeks later
#5907 8 years ago

Ball got stuck and I tilted.

I spoke to Jack for a few minutes, he said that he will be doing his summer open house again and will order more pizzas this time. He also said that Silverball should be getting their Hobbit next month.

#5916 8 years ago

That underside makes ST:TNG look like a walk in the park.

If I ever get a Hobbit, at least I know that I live close enough to JJP if I can't fix something.

3 months later
#7934 8 years ago

Will there be any Hobbits to play on Saturday?

#7939 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Planned to go, but found out there is a family party we're committed to....arghhh!

And people wonder why I love being single!! lol

#7993 8 years ago

I got to really play the Hobbit today.

This game has the potential to be epic.

#8010 8 years ago

I think the longest I waited to play Hobbit was 15 minutes.

I was disappointed that Automated didn't bring Iron Man or Wrestlemania down.

#8057 8 years ago

I think people are failing to realize that Jack's show yesterday was more of a get together than an actual pinball show. IMO, it wouldn't make any sense to reveal any big news. It wasn't the right setting. This is coming from someone who was there for 5 hours...as I said before, the Hobbit has the potential to be epic.

#8074 8 years ago

Just for clarification, when people are hoping Stern puts an LCD into the game, do you mean an LCD the size of JJP's or an LCD roughly the same size as a DMD?

#8086 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Something has got to give sooner or later.

Couldn't agree more.

I don't see location pinball driving sales of JJP games. $5,000 vs $8,000...If I'm an operator, I'm going for the $5,000 machine every time.

The market for high end pins can't be that big of a market. The same people can't keep buying $8,000 pins every few months.

#8088 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Agreed. But I think there is new blood in this hobby that will buy.

Just seems like a pretty big expense for people who are new to the hobby.

When people ask me how much my pins cost (I cringe telling them), I always get a "they cost how much?!?!?!?!?!" Then I reply that it is something I love and I work hard, so I like to treat myself.

I hope no one misunderstands me, I want Stern and JJP to sell 10's of thousands of games a year. Two healthy, competing companies, is a huge plus for all of us.

#8198 8 years ago

I was at the open house as well. I didn't see one thing either that would make me think the Hobbit is ready to ramp up production.

I did hear "Maybe we'll add a second line." Not to be a downer, but this late in the game, maybe is the wrong word to be using. Either a plan is in place to produce the Hobbit or a plan is not in place to produce the Hobbit.

This reminds me so much of John DeLorean (minus the drugs & extravagant lifestyle).

For full disclosure: I like the Hobbit machine a lot and do plan on buying it, not for another year or 2, waiting for all the kinks to get worked out.

#8202 8 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

Adding a second line is demand dependent. I wouldn't commit one way or another until I understood exactly what the demand is for TH AND what remaining demand there is for WoZ. Until the machine is ready from a parts and design perspective, I would keep my options open as well. So "maybe" could also mean "it depends". This depends on the numbers. While they may have the majority of that information, they simply don't have to make the call yet. To me that is smart business. This probably is their "plan". Plans have multiple paths based on facts.

Jack is on record saying that WOZ is still selling and that they will make them through 2017. Jack is also on record saying they will make 2,500 Hobbits, with 1,500 already being pre-sold. Having all this info and no set plan is a terrible way to run a production line.

I can't imagine anyone who has pre-ordered is expecting their machine in 2015.

I hope they get it all figured out. I want a Hobbit machine.

#8206 8 years ago

Show me the balance sheet. Show me the cash flow statements. And the only one who as the exact forecast numbers for demand is JJP. So many experts on these boards....
sigh.

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/jerseyjack8.html

If money weren't an issue, these investors wouldn't exist.

No business owner willfully gives up their profits to someone else.

Here's something interesting: http://www.pinballnews.com/news/jjp-investors.html

January 14, 2014, an investor was brought in.

Thats 2 different investment groups within a 20 month period.

#8256 8 years ago

huh? Ever heard of the stock market? Ever heard of a company going public? Ever heard of a private company getting partners so he can grow and not take 100% of the risk on him or herself?
unreal...

2 investment groups in a 20 month period....

Don't forget, the pre-order model was suppose to fund all of this.

I want Jack to succeed, because 2 healthy pinball companies benefits all of us. Don't get mad at me for stating facts. Economics and finance aren't based in feeling, they are based on cold hard truths.

#8257 8 years ago
Quoted from Dalbok:

They didn't put a limit on SEs (like they did WOZRR). The only limit on SEs was that they had to be purchased on or before 12/31/2014.

I'm sure if you were to call JJP on Tuesday and request an SE, they would gladly add it to the run.

It made sense to make the cutoff 12/31/14, if it were about to go into production. 10 months later? They'd be crazy not to accept the order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 25.50
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.