47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedarkknight77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6033 8 years ago

I just bought a Smaug Edition....I was wondering if a topper will be announced or does the game not come with one?

#6039 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Problem I see is parts come from Chicago, design team in Chicago
Game built in new jersey
Parts delays could be caused by this.
I heard everything should start June 1st, production and shipping around the clock production, 2-3 shifts to get Hobbit done so Pats game can be on the line before the end of the year.

Can anyone confirm this? So I guess all of the part issues got resolved? 2-3 shifts?? I wonder how many games a day they can produce? I guess I might get mine before 2016 after all?

1 month later
#6659 8 years ago

Did anyone notice the clear is cracking in the picture of the outlane. Look at the edge where the switch pops through. Seems like thick clear coat is not always a good thing.

#6663 8 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I think that's just part of the art. Meant to look like it's been clawed in that area, no??!!
Am I looking at the right thing?? Just down and to the left of the shape shifter dude... Beyorn (sp??)??!! I think that's part of the art.

No the other image, not the claw mark.

2 weeks later
#7292 8 years ago

Played the Hobbit at pintastic and thought it was amazing! Congrats to JJP. I sold my fully paid preorder as I did not see the point in tying up the cash. Now that I have no skin in the game and my money is not tied up......This Dark Knight has nothing but love for the JJP boys! Great job Jack!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#7301 8 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Yes, thank you for selling it to me nick!

You are going to love it! I very well might not of sold it after playing it. It exceeded my expectations!

3 weeks later
#7537 8 years ago

Let me ask a serious question, if JJP asks for upfront money on game 3 will people be pissed? I assume we should get this issue out of the way because we all know it's coming. It's always a good practice to get upfront money in any business if you can pull it off, but what is the expectation from people here?? Will the investors change that part of the business model?? I just don't see it happening. Let's be honest, the problem with the prepaid model is you have to announce time tables. Time tables are a good thing too, as if a company cannot hit them, there is a good chance they will go under. Although I am excited and happy for JJP, many here were 100% right, JJP was clearly in trouble.

#7553 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How many times does JJP have to say they aren't taking pre order money on pin #3 for it to sink in?
How many people would actually be crazy enough to do it if they did?

Come on Ice, I think Jack deserves a lot of credit, but his word has little worth at this point. That is the only thing that has "sunk" in at this point. How many people would be crazy enough to put down money??? Are you serously asking that question???

#7557 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I wouldn't be surprised if he did an LE that was pre-order only on JJP#3. Standard version would be no pre-orders. This would give him to have some up-front cash and would probably be sufficient risk/reward to compel some buyers to still do a pre-order.
I'd prefer to see a Spooky/Heighway model though - a set # of LEs and a deposit to hold the game.

Bingo!

2 weeks later
#8078 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I lost my job last week and am giving serious thoughts to giving up my Smaug LE. Anyone interested in buying for $8k? Yes that's $500 more than what I got in at but I've also had this money tied up for so long and would like to get something back for it, plus in a real bind. I believe my number is #493.

Sorry to hear about your job, but if I could offer up some advice, lower your price and get rid of it fast. When GOT in announced and Spider-Man comic, people are going to be looking to raise some cash............You will not be the only one selling their Hobbit. With no production date in sight and a high probability for potential future issues, there will be plenty running for the doors. I had two preorders at two different times......Happy I got out. I know there will be plenty of time to jump back in. Best of luck finding a new job.

4 months later
#9035 8 years ago

WTB a Hobbit spot, you want out???? I have cash!

2 months later
#9449 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I forgot to mention, the sound. PW is great because they are always there. So if needed, they would have adjusted the volume. However, they had it loud enough.
The sound on TH was really well done. It flowed well all the way through the game. It was booming when it should have been and more subdued as it stayed on script.
Also the lighting is much improved from WOZ. The overall GI was plenty bright. I was actually happy to see that the Replay effect of the green and white lights was the same as WOZ.
Mylar. Yeah, it's got Mylar. I did see a few slow moving balls effected by it. The first time I thought it was a divot in the playfield because it was moving slow and totally changed direction, but then I saw it. Slings, inlanes, in front of the popups. Kind of all around.
Oh, and the barrels splashing on the book screen was a cool effect. I'm glad they opened that shot to the pops during the redesign as well.
I'm looking forward to playing it again.

Nice write up Dave! Did they have a GOT premium??? That's it, I am going this weekend!

#9503 8 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I got the call!!!!
So excited

B9 you need to have a party!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 25.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedarkknight77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=thedarkknight77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.