47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3364 9 years ago

Here, have a taste.

#3366 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Looks like a silver ball rolling across different artwork... astounding how much better it is now.

Jack was very excited to say more to come . . .

6 months later
#7176 8 years ago

Jack, good to see you at Pintastic, the game looked great. Last time I saw it was at Automated Services Christmas party. I didn't see you lift the playfield and give the underside tour for these folks but then every time I walked by there was someone playing and someone waiting. So the smaller venue was easier for that; they would have been even more impressed.

#7252 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So now that the game is further along and people have been playing it more what's the consensus on the upper flipper? Some people expressed concern that there wasn't really a purpose for it, has that been changed in software so it's useful in general gameplay now?

At this point the position of targets are not going to change so I still don't see a dedicated shot. All other shots are reachable from the bottom flippers. I don't know what they can do in the software to make it do anything different.

Its not like SST with a separate button to score differently if used. It would have to be a vary specific timing thing.

#7253 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And about the drop targets (in this pre-production game), they were very willing to drop when hit. They had a smooth feel to them, with the exception of resetting. They are all individually controlled, so it isn't a big "thump thump" when they reset, each one resets in sequence. So they make this big "zip" sound that sounds almost like a stripped gear. Surprising the first time you hear it. My guess is that firing 11 coils at a time is probably a bad idea, so they run in a quick sequence. I wonder what that sounds like with the glass off. That isn't a bad thing, but I'm sure when people get games and hear it for the first time they will be surprised.

I love the sound of those drop targets. They sound like someone shuffling a stiff deck of cards. A very snappy clicking noise, nice a solid. If you ever saw pictures underneath the playfield (I took a few) you could see how well made and solid they are.

5 months later
#8980 8 years ago

LE just means bling. So something bling is behind. I like the fact that they are the same game play wise.

Plus who wants "first". Can you say "WOZ light board issues"? Give me later down the line.

#9021 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Prove me wrong everyone who downvoted me!

Here is why I downvoted

Quoted from lordloss:

Is the Hobbit 2016 thread out of the basement yet?

No, you know it is not and you know it never will be. It was a joke / troll thread. Because it is in the basement it is filled with crap that Robin would not want brought out of the basement. That is why he set up the basement. It has pictures, swearing and other garbage that if you posted outside of the basement you would get a message from a moderator.

But you and everyone else who posts the same stupid question already know that. But we have to read the same junk over and over again because the few think it is funny to annoy the many and can't come up with anything new or creative.

#9023 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Well said. Enough of that crap... It was drowning out all the Hobbit news.

So, is there a rule that says if a thread does not have new news someone should post a repeat dumb question?

Oh, and to one of those downvoters to my last post. I thought you were going to "ignore" me and never see my posts. Please do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.