Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1472 5 years ago

What is the playfield to the right of the first pic?

2 months later
#2266 5 years ago

Why is the pic taken from the ground level.

#2271 5 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Maybe tonight

image-424.jpg 94 KB

PLEASE TONIGHT.

#2377 5 years ago

This looks fantastic. I feel a lot better.

#2437 5 years ago

Any videos coming.

#2582 5 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Creating a new account to flame sounds like somebody has a horse in the race and wants to hurt the competition. If this were a genuine opinion you could have wrote it with your own account. Fairly sure most people will disregard your opinion in favor of something more sincere.

Damn. I was going to say the same thing. Pinside member since "today". LMAO.

#2702 5 years ago

Are we getting videos today?

#2770 5 years ago

Roger Sharpe playing Smaug Gold.

image.jpg
#3012 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Yeah but Rudy wears make up. I couldn't care less if Smaug eats the balls or ever touches it. Its still a cool premise and the facts the he looks around and talks to you is enough for me. That not going to make or break this game. JP really isn't all that fun and Funhouse is a great pin but not very deep. Lets just wait now and see how the final product comes together. If I get it home and dislike it then I'll sell it, take the loss and move on, its pinball, its supposed to be fun. Backing out because Smaug doesn't interact with the ball to me is foolish.

Agree. Game is not out yet, not finished, etc..... Look at everyone who said WOZ is going to suck. When it comes out lets then judge it somewhat. Code updates will be coming out to improve it month after month so let's give it a chance.

2 weeks later
#3315 5 years ago

Looks fantastic. Can't wait to get it. My first NIB.

#3362 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Robin really should open a chatroom here on Pinside............

I said this years ago.

#3460 5 years ago

I appreciate all the videos of the hobbit but would love to see a still, clear, great sound video. Do any exist....

1 month later
#4018 5 years ago

I have one order and its looks great but i have just had one question. Every video I see no one can make the ramp shot. A few times yes but looks like it takes a lot of effort to get it there. Thoughts?

#4020 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I played it at Streamwood before Expo. No problem making lots of ramp shots.
LTG : )™

Thanks. I guess maybe the people playing in the videos suck. Jusk kidding.

#4022 5 years ago
Quoted from May:

I played it at Dutch pinball open, no problem.

Is the pin fun? Just hoping i did not waste my $$$. This is my first NIB..

#4024 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I had a blast playing it. Get other opinions or try it yourself if you can.
I'm not a great player and I look for the fun factor. It reminded me a lot of a Mark Ritchie pin. Fish Tales, Kingpin, Indiana Jones. I really liked it.
LTG : )™

I wish it was local to try. Maybe it will be in Allentown so i can try it out. I like hitting things like:

MM - Castle
AFM - Ship

This game just has a ramp in the middle. Wish it was the Smaug you were hitting.

#4027 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Pinball Star will have a hobbit at Allentown for sure. If now Pintastic New England will have one I can guaranty that.

I will be at Allentown for sure. Looking forward to it. If i don't like what i see i will just sell it.

1 week later
#4148 4 years ago

Someone with computer skills needs to put the bashing WOZ threads before it was released and the bashing hobbit threads side by side. Then the positive WOZ threads when it was released side by side when the hobbit is released to see how many people change their opinions. Give it a chance. Play it with a finished code. If u hate it then okay. It will be at the Allentown show so hopefully it's a great game.

1 week later
#4309 4 years ago

Did u notice under sneak review "prototype code". What does that mean?

#4318 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Means it is all subject to change until an actual production unit is released.

Figured but wasn't for sure. Thanks!

#4358 4 years ago

This threads title need to be changed to Positive Hobbit Updates just like the MMR thread.

#4360 4 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Back on topic. Gents, I am in,I just acquired a friends spot on the LE. Ive been on the fence to get a WOZ or Hobbit when the opportunity arose and I jumped in. Earlier in this thread a comment was made about the open playfield,which has been the reason that's held me back on this purchase. The comment was made comparing TH to AFM, both open, well I love AFM so here I am.

Good point. That's why I wanted the hobbit. Out of my pin collection AFM "with a open PLAYFIELD" is one of my favs. Can't get enough.

3 weeks later
#4534 4 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Everyday I click on this thread hoping...and everyday...
» YouTube video

image.jpg

2 weeks later
#4737 4 years ago

OP can u change the name of the thread title to read 'Positive Hobbit Updates'

#4765 4 years ago

Take your time JJP and make it right.

#4767 4 years ago

If I get it by Christmas I'm good. I have plenty of pins to play til then.

#4769 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Nah, shipping all 1000 LEs, fixing the LED light board issue, putting code updates out every month for over six months and making WOZ a feature packed game with new tech already makes Jack look good

Could not agree more. Some Pinsiders can't see the good in him and what he's done. Not sure why but they are probably Stern lovers..

#4780 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

It took over a year to ship 1000 games not good as for the light boards should have never happened and last TH is a cost cut version of WOZ.I would consider buying a TH if it had all the toy of a WOZ

Do u have the WOZ?

#4830 4 years ago

It's one thing to say u don't like the hobbit and move on. But to continue to bash it on this thread is stupid. Just move on and bash a Stern.

#4854 4 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Hopefully this time tomorrow we'll have more reviews, pics, and videos.

I hope so as well

#4871 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

worst thread ever...thanks to all the BS from a few posters.

Agree 100%. Go crap on the new MMR thread. Oh let me guess, that machine is perfect like stern.

#4875 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Really! Nice of you to ask him to back off and then crap on two game makers at the same time.
Assuming you understand MMr is put together at Stern and not a Stern game. Of course I am assuming and we know where that ends up..

Just saying stay off the hobbit bashing. It's not out yet. He seems not to bash stern. Nothing wrong with MMR just saying go to another thread and bash something else since he good at it.

#4894 4 years ago

Why would u take a pic of a pinball from the back box to the flippers and not from a players point of view??

#4908 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

As to drop target noise on TH, admittedly, the TPF is a high background noise environment. But I did not find them to be loud at all. The sound was very good and the Smaug callouts were great. I also like that the LCD did an excellent job of directing the player what to next. The use of animated parchment scrolls that unfurl and tell you what to do is very clever and fits right in with the look and feel of the game.
Also, the smaller LCD was clever and takes you through the pages of a book and is much more useful than WOZ's crystal ball video chip. The four subterranean heads that pop up make a big difference in your shooting lanes, are timed and will be a missed scoring opportunity if not hit. They are triggered by rollover switches lower on the playfield. This was a lot of fun, although there may be other ways they are triggered too.
One of the first things that struck me about the game was that the playfield looks even better in person than the images I have seen online. It is much more colorful, but not the explosion of primary colors that WOZ is. Rather, the mood and look of the movie are carried over to the playfield without it being dark.
I asked if the LCD was improved but was told it is the same as WOZ. Because the source material is HD, the film clips jump out at you like you were watching a BluRay at home. A whole different style of lighting than WOZ and the use of several flashers makes TH beautiful in its own right without being derivative. The lines all weekend long show the interest this game enjoys, and talking with others who played the game, it was very well received.

Very well written. Thanks for your review of the game. Looking forward to playing it May 1st.

#4994 4 years ago

I WANT:

image.jpg

#5001 4 years ago

Hopefully 300 pages when the pin ships and when people have it in their house.

#5003 4 years ago
Quoted from Dalbok:

If it's 300 when the pin ships I hope it's not at the same rate. Wouldn't want to wait 2 more years, but I believe it will be "Soon" (TM)!

Based on what I am hearing May or June is the start of production. I hope.

#5014 4 years ago

I think this pin would have aready been in production if Jack did not have to go and change a lot of things due to everyone bitching about changes we all wanted. Come on. What do changes do? They slow things down but for a good reason. A BETTER PIN!!! It's coming and I think a lot of us will have it this year. In the mean time chill out.

#5020 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Double edged sword. It would be correct to say "just make it not suck the first time".
It is also correct to go back and fix it rather than blindly going forward with a flawed design.

If you can do better lets see it..

#5027 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Give me a six pack of concussions, 3+ years and around 13 million dollars in preorder money and I'll ship you a buggy code incomplete mess .
And don't hold me to any of those, you know, 'cause making pinball is "hard"
Jack is a braver business person than I am, but I at least have the sense to not run my mouth again and again just to be proven wrong. I'm glad he's out there toiling away making new games. But if the whole world ran on big promisers, exceptionally late deliverers the world would NOT be a better place.

You're right. I forgot he is the only one on "PLANET EARTH" who does this..

#5050 4 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I hope your right but I would say The Hobbit is still being built and shipped 1Q16.

I hope not. I will be happy to get it by Dec 25th

#5112 4 years ago

HOBBIT UPDATE:

over-under_yale-wolf_nothing_2_u_1000.jpg

#5134 4 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Will Allentown have one to play?

Yes per Joe at Pinball Star.

#5142 4 years ago

Is it me or is the score every time it finishes adding the bonus up its always 6,550.

#5146 4 years ago

Doesn't AFM have a wide open PLAYFIELD but yet it's ranked 13th out of 300 on the Pinball Database.

#5156 4 years ago

This pin is going to kick ass. I can't wait to play it May 1st in Allentown.

1 week later
#5445 4 years ago
Quoted from kidvid:

It only makes sense if it's BS. Most people that felt that negatively about the hobbit would have canceled their pre-order long ago.

Agree

#5615 4 years ago

I will play it in 178 hours at Allentown. I will take a ton of pics and a few videos.

#5622 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...and I'll watch you.

Since you were the first one watching me can i watch you after i am done..

1 week later
#5746 4 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Anyone know when these are going to start hitting the production line?

You can ask Jack himself Friday or Saturday.

#5831 4 years ago

Played it for the first time today at Pinfest. All I have to say is WOW. I love it. Beautiful game. Plays great. I CANT WAIT TO GET IT IN MY HOUSE.

#5847 4 years ago

I just played it again for the 5th time. It's FANTASTIC.

20150501_185854.jpg 20150501_174816.jpg
#5848 4 years ago
20150501_154453.jpg 20150501_154409.jpg
#5849 4 years ago
20150501_154343.jpg 20150501_154338.jpg 20150501_154332.jpg
#5885 4 years ago
DSC_0389.JPG DSC_0390.JPG DSC_0391.JPG
#5894 4 years ago

What does "did not get a upload id mean". I am trying to upload a video of the Hobbit and it goes to about 60% and then says this.

#5902 4 years ago
hgh.gif
#5911 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What does "did not get a upload id mean". I am trying to upload a video of the Hobbit and it goes to about 60% and then says this.

Any idea guys. I have a few videos I want to post but it sts at 60%.

1 month later
#6480 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There's no sugar coating what they had at Expo. If you were there then you know, the whole floor thought it was disappointing. Sorry, it's just the truth. I talked to a ton of people there, people I knew, and people I didn't (lots of people saw my nametag and just introduced themselves, which was awesome, loved meeting you all). Everyone felt the same way. Obviously JJP heard it and went back to the drawing board. Good for them! But they needed to do it, or the game was in trouble.

Well it looks good now and plays great. I love it and can't wait to have it. Wonder when the first Kiss will be for sale?

#6513 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am going to stay with the SE version - guess I will be the only one with it
Perhaps I will just have the alt color versions of the pins as I prefer the red Oz over the green.
I am spending so much on it - perhaps I can just tell the wife that the thing is made of real gold

I'm with u. I'm staying with the SE.

1 week later
#6652 4 years ago

Joe where are the pics of my #661 SE.

#6683 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Am I missing something?
Is this a Mustang update thread?

#6735 4 years ago

Should we start a NEW HOBBIT thread?????

#6810 4 years ago
Quoted from robin:

At this point it is clear that this topic has completely derailed. Could we please keep it on topic. If that means no news == no posts then I think that's better than derailing into a car thread.
Don't get me wrong, cars are cool but please open a separate topic in O/T to discuss them and then leave this topic for discussing the Hobbit game.
Thank you!

#6819 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What's the Hobbit update?

It's coming out this year. No Hobbit update is better than a car update.

#6850 4 years ago

Will JJP be at ReplayFX at the end of the month?

#7041 4 years ago

Maybe he slept wrong and has a crick in his neck.

#7063 4 years ago

ITS DEAD

#7067 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Dead again
Doesn't matter too much - JJP hasn't updated their presentation in a while

I noticed that too.

#7073 4 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

The Hobbit Manual IN COLOR

Fantastic

#7075 4 years ago

Late August to September for production. DAMN. I guess i won't get mine til 2016. HOLY SHIT....

#7078 4 years ago

My main concern was when will i get the Hobbit. The answer is I WILL NOT GET IT THIS YEAR..

#7090 4 years ago

GOT will be no match for the hobbit unless it's made by JJP.

#7272 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Will be best game of 2015. The wait will be worth it.

I think for some 2015 is right. Just won't be that many and won't be mine for sure.

#7310 4 years ago

Hundreds of these arrived today.

image.jpg

#7313 4 years ago

Hundreds of Hobbit back glasses arrived

#7361 4 years ago

I think it will be a bad business decision if Jack shows Pat's prototype this year. That may w/draw Hobbit owners that have not gotten their pins yet. I know production is suppose to start on the Hobbit in September but we all know only a hand full will be out by December 2015. Just saying if i like what i see in Pat's game and i do not have the Hobbit, I'M OUT OF THE HOBBIT.

#7410 4 years ago

image.jpg

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_4.jpg

2 weeks later
#7517 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

The hate in this thread is amazing...

Totally agree.

#7541 4 years ago

image.jpg

1 week later
#7734 4 years ago

I just want to know why it went from September to now October. I want a specific reason. I think everyone deserves to know. So sick of these delays.

#7742 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Because people are still buying WOZ. When the cashflow dries up on WOZ, TH will miraculously go into production... and it will be a mix of mostly new retail and a slow trickle of prepaids.

Well I was thinking last year at this time I would be getting the hobbit by summer of this year. At this point I won't get it til maybe this time 2016. All I can say is WOW!!!

#7746 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

If there was never any money problems then why wouldn't the parts already be in the factory and the Hobbit pins be rolling down the assembly line?

Exactly. So u mean to tell me if Jack did not get this financial backup the hobbit was doomed?

#7751 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Get out while you still can!
I heard the last investors finally read all the JJP posts on pinside and bailed. It's only a matter of time ...

I'm trying to decide if I want to still wait wait wait or get a stern with wrinkled decals. Help me decide.

#7752 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

I heard the last investors finally read all the JJP posts on pinside and bailed. It's only a matter of time ...

I'm trying to decide if I want to still wait wait wait or get a stern with wrinkled decals. Help me decide.

#7753 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

#7754 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

#7768 4 years ago

Sorry guys. I posted once.

#7823 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Jack is not crapping on Pinside as a whole but rather the 6 or so regular JJP bashers who have ruined JJP threads and have consistently made repeated jabs and pokes at JJP for months (some years) on end. Still, he shouldn't complain about the over negativity but rather just ignore it. Ignorning what the trolls say is how you beat them in the end.

Totally agree with u. Jack is only defending himself. I would do the same thing. If the haters would shut the f up things would calm down. If u are in on the hobbit then u deserve answers, if you are not, why say anything.

#7825 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, you guys can excuse Jack all you want. I'm tired of years of him doing nothing but shitting on the entire site and community, repeatedly, specifically, over and over. I take it personally. If you don't then good for you.

Do I hate delays "YES". Am I tired of waiting "YES". Do I hate excuses "YES". Do I have the option to get a refund "YES". My choice like everyone else. If you don't like preorders don't do it. I know I will never ever do it again. Aurich do you have a hobbit in order? Just asking.

#7874 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The difference is I'm not actually mad, and I'm not PMing 20 people and reporting all the posts I don't like to the mods.
There should be real Hobbit news in 4 days though right? Isn't the party on the 29th?

Yes Saturday. Wish I could go.

#7943 4 years ago

Who ever is going take some pics, videos and let us know what the BIG NEWS IS. I don't want to hear we are waiting for parts to come in. Thats old news. Need some news i can use.

#7945 4 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

MMr got colored!

Sweet.

#7951 4 years ago

Sounds like the party was for designed to sell more Wizard of Oz pins. O well I guess I can always get my money back and get something else to play.

#8179 4 years ago

I just want the hobbit in my house by 12/25/15.

#8194 4 years ago

#8230 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

If that's correct big parts orders were just placed? That would mean previously promised delivery dates were complete bs?!? Say it ain't so...

If JJP never received the new investor is it safe to say the hobbit was doomed and refunds would have been lost?

#8276 4 years ago

I hope JJP really pushes TH into production soon. If not a lot of people who ordered the hobbit may bail if GOT is available first. I would never bail on a JJP game for a Stern game but there are some that might. Hell, i may bail on TH if Pat's game is shown this year and I like what i see. Come on JJP, GIVE US SOME NEWS WE CAN USE!!! We don't want to hear "waiting for parts anymore"

#8333 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I have to tell you - after Stern was rumored, and now confirmed, to have GoT I was a bit worried about keeping my Hobbit order. Well, I am not worried anymore! GoT looks awful as hell, I sure hope it plays well (for those that want it). And I am a GOT fan!

I'm with u 100%. Stern lovers on another thread said TH was dead now. I'm LMAO right now.

#8380 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Wow...i really HATE HATE HATE the new armor. I thought the old colors looked really cool, and Alex certainly pumped them up enough. Various applications have had this kind of crinkle finish on them for forever and I've always thought it looked tacky.

Way to downgrade at the last minute!

I disagree. Looks 100% better.

#8404 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I thought about that upside as well, but I actually preferred the SE from the start. The LE is kick ass too. Most probably prefer that trim anyway (just not me)

I'm with you. I have been w/ the SE all the way. Sure, i like the look of the LE but the SE to me is just a little better. If i don't like Smaug w/ all that GOLD, I will just which them out. No big deal..

#8426 4 years ago

Whoever gets theirs first, post the day and time so we can see how many are being pumped out. How are they made? In what order. I emailed JJP last week about this q with no response.

#8432 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I am #220 in the production run. So I am close to the front.

So you are saying if I have lets say number #6, I should have mine in the first batch of production?

#8436 4 years ago

All I know is I was told I would have my Hobbit 100% by 12-31-15. We shall see.

#8449 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

When did you order?

Not really sure of the date. Couple of years ago. I will go back and see. Quick q. How many WOZ were being made per week so I can get a idea of how many hobbits can be made.

#8458 4 years ago

So if production starts when it says it will and they can do lets say an avg of 50 per week (per production line) they should be able to push out 400 to 500 by the end of 2015? If two lines then 1,000? That would be fantastic...

#8560 4 years ago

I can't wait to get my #661 Smaug. Hoping for this year by Christmas but just excited to be getting one.

#8569 4 years ago

I think all the Stern Lovers on the GOT thread are pissed that The Hobbit kicks GOT ass. They just don't want to admit it. Lmao.

#8578 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Or maybe they want to discuss GOT in the GOT thread.... Not TH.
Dont underestimate the number of "stern lovers" (or, simply pinball lovers?) that would agree with you:
GOT artwork and lack of lcd are big letdowns
And
TH playfield artwork is gorgeous
I certainly find myself in that camp.
However, lets not "spike the football yet"
Look how dumb folks look now that prematurely predicted TH's demise before even seeing GOT
Dont make the same mistake by declariong some sort of victory before:
1. Even ONE TH has been shipped
And
2. Anyone even plays GOT.

I understand. Just saying a lot were saying when GOT got announced it was going to dethrone TH. Just based on looks alone at this point, TH is so far ahead it's not funny.

#8605 4 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

One person says it and now it's a lot?

People said it in different ways!!!

#8626 4 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I don't understand?

Do you have TH on order???

#8670 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I just wish the hobbit at MGC was set up nicely. Game played slow as fuck, speakers turned down so you couldn't hear a thing and a full plunge to start your ball was an intimidate drain. Hard to have fun and experience a game when it was so gimped.

I can see your point. But, trust those including myself who have played it several times, it kicks ass. It's decent fast for a wide body, music and sound are awesome and it's fun to play.

#8734 4 years ago

More shiny Hobbit Toys getting finished up today at Back Alley Creations!

11863449_1053489998002929_2859513518808482678_n.jpg
12011332_1053490038002925_828595753755010570_n.jpg

2 weeks later
#8819 4 years ago

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_3.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

image_5.jpeg

image_6.jpeg

#8826 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I am quite fed up with Stern, lack of effort really to me. Stern is getting by with shipping games, but the lack of innovation and ruining of themes is wearing thin.
Now the other side of the coin is that JJP needs to start shipping more pins more often. IMO

I agree with both of these statements. STERN ships quick but is lacking in quality. JJP takes forever but quality is fantastic. So, if JJP can ship atleast 1-2 games per year no one will be able to touch JJP. JMO.

#8832 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Problem is I won't touch JJP games because of the price. I don't need Stern Pro cheap, but north of $6500 and I'm hard pressed to buy.

I don't like spending north of 5k to tell u the truth. But, if I must spend that kind of cash it's going to be JJP and not a Zizzle (stern).

#8839 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

makes me think of....
dnuts.jpg

This makes me think of Sterns GOT dragon.

5db47deab65b627b8c5375b6e8b9d777.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 21.00
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skyemont.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside