Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7172 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

he will probably show pats machine at expo.

History has shown previewing future products too early can be unwise. This type of business move can lead to "The Osborne Effect."

Had a catastrophic effect on sales of a business with a great product. Ultimately destroyed the company which ended up receiving an eponymous definition for the decision that caused its demise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

Everything so far is very impressive with The Hobbit, other than the horrific delays.

4 weeks later
#7527 4 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

Not understanding the frustration. Especially when many of the folks complaining don't have money tied up. It's pretty simple....You either wait for the product or sell. I have paid in full TH and I'm patiently waiting for it. Certainly not worth getting frustrated over.

The frustration is caused by the expectations JJP instilled to get people to order the game.

He did say they were contractually obligated to ship when the third movie came out.

People expected that to happen. It didn't. More delays followed. Hence, frustration.

1 week later
#7612 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

1. Halt production of WOZ to build 1500 or so Hobbits costing millions of dollars while taking in no money.
2. Continue building WOZ and taking in new money while putting off Hobbit production for as long as possible until preorder customers literally show up with their torches and pitchforks.

Option 1 will actually take in more money if they start production of Hobbit. Sales will increase if they can get them out there.

There are infinitely more potential sales to people who were smart enough to wait and not preorder. They ain't buying until they see the thing.

#7697 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Let me try and address a few of your assertions

Quoted from RobT:

Thanks for proving my point, genius.

There is no winner here. You both look weak arguing back and forth.

#7812 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Will Hobbit ship before 2016?

Nobody knows when the game will ship.

And thanks to this Hobbit Update thread, we know this fact with absolute certainty.

#7839 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, you guys can excuse Jack all you want. I'm tired of years of him doing nothing but shitting on the entire site and community, repeatedly, specifically, over and over. I take it personally. If you don't then good for you.

Why would you ever take your perception of anyone's treatment of the site and community personally? It's childish.

Quoted from Aurich:

I think it would be rude to come into a Hobbit thread and try and compare it to a game from a company I'm doing work for, so I won't.

Why exactly did you come to a Hobbit Update thread and announce your game is now shipping?

#7863 4 years ago

I was at Kohls, and I think I saw the inspiration for the Full Throttle playfield art on a rug.

618199.jpg

#8101 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Nobody knows with any degree of certainty.

Even if JJP were to post specific shipping information in this thread, nobody would know when the game will ship with any degree of certainty.

#8271 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Try to find parts from Jack's last failed venture - Parker Bohn.

Poor Sad Sack...

tumblr_nmoerstJVG1qex5j1o4_400.gif

#8335 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Don't forget TH's current feature: "Delayed Introduction".

I have little doubt that GOT owners will also experience the "Delayed Introduction" feature as they wait for code.

1 week later
#8549 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm still worried about that right upper flipper, as it looks like it's only good for hitting drop targets.

Isn't there a vuk beyond the two left drop targets that also require the right upper flipper to sink the ball into the hole once the targets are down to reveal it?

That would give more value to that upper flipper.

#8552 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Is there a hole behind the drops? That would be cool.

This is what I'm thinking. Look behind the "D" and "W" drop targets.

2 weeks later
#8808 4 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Would AC/DC be "more" fun if you cut the head off and slapped one on with a TV panel ?

Maybe not more fun by itself, but definitely better, absolutely cooler and way more interesting and possibly more exciting for the overall player experience. That might make it more fun.

And if prices remain relatively close, the TV panel version is the obvious better game for my money (and I own AC/DC!)

1 month later
#8873 4 years ago

Each passing day lowers the likelihood.

Wouldn't it be nicer to see pictures of wiring harnesses being strung onto playfields, instead of pictures of playfield plastics arriving?

At this point, time isn't money. Time is time.

#8933 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

More recently it's been rumored they'd start the Hobbit line up tomorrow. Hopefully that rumor will check out.
[EDIT] Added source to be clear I have no first-hand knowledge:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/178#post-2792061

And yet, before that, it was rumored to be 9/30:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-will-win-got-or-th/page/3#post-2678790

We can now remain quiet until the next rumor of 11/30. And 12/21 is already penciled in after that.

Nobody knows for sure when the game will start production. Not even JJP.

2 months later
#9224 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

He was told mid March he should have his game which sounds promising but he was told early Dec a few months ago.

I predict he'll be told late June sometime around mid March.

Quoted from TomGWI:

I just like to know if they are still testing or is "actual" production started.

Good question. JJP's website clearly states that "The Hobbit began production in late 2015 and will begin shipping in early 2016."

So, that means...well, nobody really knows what that means.

2 months later
#9589 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

With everyone stating that Keith is gonna knock it out of the park with future code, and Jack and Hobbit owners counting on him to deliver, I can't imagine dealing with that kind of pressure. I hope they're paying him well.

Keith seems to inherently understand the type of rules that make a game great, and he has a passion to do it.

I think he's got less pressure to prove his ability, and more of a natural desire to create something cool

#9689 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Weird! Know any backstory on this, like what the editor was trying to acomplish?

Here's an article about the alphabetical edit. It doesn't really answer the question, "why?"

http://www.avclub.com/article/alphabetical-wizard-oz-recut-both-orderly-and-chao-230217

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside