Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider royf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1410 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

When is the open house?

What open house is that? Link to details please?

3 months later
#2521 5 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

Currently the back of him is the piles of gold going up the sides and the back of his head/ body.

So is it correct that the new Smaug does not rotate to "disappear" into the mountain?

#2537 5 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I think since its the treasure room, I prefer Smaug being revealed out of a pile of gold than behind a mountain door.

Ok, let me rephrase the question. Does Smaug rotate such that in one position is revealed and in another position is hidden? Or was the rotating done away with in the latest version?

1 month later
#3906 5 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

For me the main issue seems to be the distance from the upper side to the flippers is too long. You get a feeling the ball is slowmo when you wait it to come back to the flippers.

I got several plays in on the Hobbit back at Chicago Expo, including a long one ball game that involved many successful ramp shots. I think the game was leveled well, and they may have had the flipper strength adjusted a bit differently from what you described. What I can say is that I had no trouble making the ramp shots from the lower flippers (assuming good aim), and it didn't seem to me like a long wait for the ball to return from the ramps. So I think the flipper strength setting may be key here. Since that is an owner adjustable feature in the game, you can set it to fit your preferences!

1 week later
#4064 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

JJP Team may be busy digging out from Blizzardgate 2015.

One "puff" and Smaug should be able to clear the entire parking lot!

#4066 5 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Even if he could, he never melted snow in the movie so he is contractually obliged not to.

Good quip!

1 month later
#4722 5 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

After seeing all of the excitement from MMr's being unboxed, I can only imagine how good it will feel to open TH.

Open one like this? Be sure to have a buddy or two with you. Hobbit is heavy, getting it out of and into the box requires more than one person.

Hobbit in box.JPG
#4751 5 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Is there a distributor taking the hobbit to TPF?

The Hobbit prototype that was at the Ohio show is being shipped to Texas for TPF. I don't know which distributor will be showing it at TPF.

#4903 5 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Speaking of the drop targets. To anyone who has seen the prototype recently, Have they quieted them down at all?

I played quite a few games on the Hobbit at the Ohio show recently. You do hear a quick burst of noise from the drop targets when they reset at the beginning of each player, but that sound didn't disturb me at all. Quite frankly I don't recall the targets being especially noisy during gameplay, which is probably partly due to things happening in the game and the excellent game sound going on during play.

1 month later
#6025 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

The WOZ and TH are one in the same. It is a JJP owner group.

You are better at searching to find the group than I am. Can someone post the actual name of the JJP owners group to make it easier for the rest of us to find it?

#6027 5 years ago

Removed, redundant post.

#6029 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You have to contact Jen at JJP to ask to be invited to the group.

That worked!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Annapolis, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Escondido, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 50.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider royf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside