47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockytop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2275 9 years ago

Looking forward to seeing all the changes.

#2276 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

There can be no doubt that Smaug now eats and spits pinballs.
Oh, and a lower playfield viewed only by the LCD in Bag-End.

I bet you will be able to shoot into the Smaug area somehow at least.

#2285 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You can't be serious? The game designer is long gone from JJP. At most there will be a few superficial changes like a hurried replacement for the book after it suddenly became a "placeholder" when the game bombed at Expo.

I don't take myself too seriously, especially when it comes to pinball, but yes I believe there will be more than superficial changes.

Jack said new shots. That seems like the best area for new shots, so I would say logically, it is more likely than not, that you will be able to shoot into Smaug somehow.

#2292 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I hope you are right, but I am not confident that much can be done in one month without last minute changes to the playfield itself. I look forward to playing it this week. My favorite part of this game is the huge number of individually controlled drop targets. I am a drop target kind of guy and to me this is the main "toy" on this game.

You could be right too...I guess we'll find out soon. The drops do look sweet.

#2429 9 years ago

Hey Alex,

I love the changes so far. Just curious, when Jack said new shots, was he referring to the bag end change, or is their something different with the Smaug area planned as well?

#2432 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Can't say I also haven't played it so I don't know. I'm a code jockey

10-4, thanks!

#2440 9 years ago

It looks like there is another hole to the right of the VUK at Smaug. Any idea what this is for?

Could just be a place to run wires underneath I guess. It would be cool if this is where the missing scale in Smaug's armor was and this was the shot you had to make from the right flipper. Of course, that would require the drops revealed the hole instead of having a standup behind them. In the pics it looks like the stand ups are still there.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2450 9 years ago
Quoted from BackAlleyMatt:

The hole that is covered by the gold pile is where the ball falls into once the magnet drops it off the ramp. The other hole more to the left is behind the "W" drop down target and feeds into the VUK.

Cool, is this where Smaug steals your ball? Sorry if I am out of loop on this, but does the subway just lead to the ball trough?

#2593 9 years ago

I really like the changes we have seen so far. With Keith and Alex and the rest of the team on the code this has all the makings of an epic game. I feel great about my order now.

1 week later
#3097 9 years ago

I'm in on a SE for $7,500. I have been closely following all the threads and really, at the end of the day, I wish I could just play it. I had a wedding to go to so I could attend Expo and was out of town on business during IAAPA. I really think I am done with pre-ordering for the foreseeable future, but I justify to myself somewhat by telling myself I am in for about what I paid for TWDLE.

I think TH will offer unique gameplay and fun variety for a collection. I have 4 Williams, 4 Sterns, and one JJP. I like the variety and being able to play different type of games based on what I feel like at the time. TH will definitely be different...hopefully fun as well!

P.S. I have almost 200 plays on TWDLE and I love it. Having 3 Richie games with more standard layouts I love the unique feel. I think the music, shots, art, dots, rule set so far, are all very awesome. Of course I would love the callouts to be better, the toys to be more creative/interactive (looking at Stern's body of work though, MM castle like toys are not what they do, so I don't expect that), and for it to have an LCD, but I think it more than holds up to any modern pin.

We pinsiders tend to be biased of course. If we bought a game or backed out of a game we tend to shape our view to match our decisions, but I have played this game much more in comparison to the honeymoon phase of STLE, ACDC, or SM.

#3110 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nope.
Call it like I see it, regardless of whether I bought, preordered, or backed out.
If anything, I would be biased towards liking TWD since I'm a huge fan of the show and I have wanted a zombie themed pin more than any other theme since being in the hobby. These are still readily available if I wanted one.
Plus: my Avatar.

Cool. I always respect your opinion on games and think you offer really good insight on all things pinball.

2 months later
#4074 9 years ago

I've been dealing with an issue with my WOZ light boards and have been in regular contact with JJP about it.

I asked about TH and was told they are shooting for production to begin towards the end of March. They said they would make 4-5 in early March and then begin full production a few weeks later. They are capable of making 10-12 pins a day right now.

2 weeks later
#4341 9 years ago

This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know the range of the 4 digit number you could have for your SE? For instance, is it 1-1000 or 1-2000?

#4346 9 years ago

Thanks!

3 months later
#6353 8 years ago

I'm thinking about selling my spot for what I have in it. (7k of 7500 total)

Do we have any clue as to when they might start shipping...I haven't read through this thread in a while. I've been in since 11/13 and I'm tired of waiting.

1 month later
#6910 8 years ago

I sold my spot about 3 wks ago (had been in since 11/13) because I got tired of waiting. I will probably get TH at some point in the future when then code matures and I get a chance to play it more. I played it in Texas and really enjoyed it. I really hope they can crank them out once they finally get going.

1 month later
#7624 8 years ago

Whether I'm in the majority or minority I have no clue, but in my opinion Tron is one of the best games ever made. For me, it has the one more game factor more than anything I've played.

I sold my Hobbit spot for one, but I hope TH is awesome. I'm looking forward to playing the production version and I'm sure I'll end up with one at some point.

4 months later
#9154 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I'm in since day 1, November 30 2012. I'm in the first 50 that will go out the door.
Since then I ordered and Rec'd AMH (ordered 10/18/2014, rec'd April 6 2015), I ordered and Rec'd GoT LE (ordered 10/19/2015, rec'd 12/6/2015), Had 4 Dutch Pinball BoP 2.0 software upgrades, ordered/Rec'd Star Trek LE; Spooky on list June 2015, deposit 12/2015, expect mid-2016?. I get it, The Hobbit has taken a long time. I'm ok waiting.
If you don't like waiting on an unknown, don't buy before you see it, know others have one, and you have played it.
I talked to Jen 1/8/16. I know a lot more details than what I read here, and a lot of the speculation, accusations, and downright wrong "facts" are laughable.
Here's what I know, X games are done. many more times X is number of PFs on the line, 12 cabinets we ready for PF (we saw that in an accuracte photo above), there will be more extensive testing and more testing time than WoZ before the 1st x are shipped. I left out numbers, b/c whats the point and I promised Jen is wouldn't
I know, because of chats with Jen and Jack and Keith, that we only see bits and photos of bits b/c there is only downside - because Pinsiders parse every photo, every word, 24/7. What's the advantage of showing anything to anyone, except direct communication with the first 10-50 customers getting games? None, nothing but downside.
Rarely are there 10% of more positive reactions to an email update, photo or comment made by Jack at a show. Its 90% negative comments - that's all? when will there be more? Delays? Fights with vendors? slow = not enough $? Skip a show in Londen = not enough $.
How much exageration and downright slams were there, when the test game was sent to Jason in MN for a party - it gave JJP some valuable feedback for tweaks for final production - yet many said the first game has shipped! Look Nov 2015! Geez! Even clarification from Jack on the facts? Didn't matter, speculation continued.
Its our own fault that we don't see pinside or public news. I get way more information when I call about my order, than I'm going to share here, or that any wise pinsider bothers with the effort to add a comment or post about it.

I think anyone in since day one should get something really cool for waiting that long. I was in about a year later but sold my spot about 7 months ago. I think the game looks great and will probably get one when I know it will get it right away.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockytop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=rockytop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.