47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rferullo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I overlaid the CAD blueprint over the whitewood shot, makes it a little easier to see how some things fit together.

Nice job!

1 year later
#5770 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The only thing I've ever heard about a topper was this design by Illvjr, posted in a long lost bag end thread about 4 months ago. His quote from that thread....
"This was the bag end topper I had designed for the game. It's not going into production unless I did a aftermarket as a mod. My design had LEDs inside the house to light up the windows simulating the sun. And the door would be on a actuator. When u hit the start button the door would open half way to simulate starting the journey. When the game would end it would close...
Pinnovators retains the drawing still but it wasn't submitted to wb."
I'd be very interested in buying this, as I'm sure others would as well. Beautiful design & functionality. So are there any plans for after-market production?
bagendtopper.jpg

I'd buy one.

#5783 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

This is a production model

Did Jack say that? I know it was supposed to be close to complete. If true then we should start seeing the first ship VERY VERY soon.

3 weeks later
#6278 8 years ago

Everyone who knows me knows I am a big supporter of JJP and I absolutely love my WOZ. I've kept quite for the most part because of all the strong polarizing feelings pinsiders have on this.
I believe in JJP and especially Jack - he is a good guy trying to do a good thing. Although it's been hard to deal with all the delays, I'm hanging in there and keeping the faith.
As we have seen with several failed pins recently - it's not easy to build a pinball company. Lots of people have lost lots of money and that sucks... but JJP is not one of those companies. EVERY WOZ ORDERED WAS DELIVERED - maybe not right on time but it was delivered.
After talking with Jack on several occasions I am convinced he is close to production. I heard him say more then once that they will not be building 1's or 2's a week. He is going to get all the parts stockpiled so when he does start production they will be flying out of the factory. I'm looking forward to taking the trip down to NJ to pick up my machine. I have a feeling I will get the call in late Aug.
Better late then never

#6316 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Jack used the "No one'sy two'sy" line on me during a phone conversation while accepting my $2500 WOZ deposit. At that time WOZ production was stated as being "just a few months out". Back then "boards were done" too.
Years passed before a single WOZ left the line however.

I hear your point. It's valid.

#6317 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

What's wrong with building a few a week? (Starting a few months ago)
Especially of a brand new title?
What's the worst thing that can happen ? A dozen machines get play tested for a month or 2 before production ramps up?
If that's the reason they didn't start building a few months ago then I'd called bullshit.... But that wouldn't be new

The only thing I see that could go wrong with 1 or 2 a week is people might be even more upset? IDK. I think the plan is that once production begins they come flying out and lots are delivered fast.

#6335 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Jack said that to you too didnt he?

Whoa - slow down. Jack never said that. I said I was guessing... I said IDK - that stands for I Don't Know... right

Don't drag me into your rants please.

2 weeks later
#6494 8 years ago
Quoted from eXidy:

Pix I took at the Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown

hob8.jpg
hob7.jpg
hob6.jpg
hob5.jpg
hob4.jpg
hob3.jpg
hob2.jpg
hob1.jpg

Yep - now I'm super excited!!! Thanks for the good photos!

2 weeks later
#6812 8 years ago

So now we are back on topic there is one point that I think is pretty important to me. I was on pinballsales.com reading the feature list and I'm curious about the game number plaque. It says:
-Each game will have a numbered plaque affixed to the game apron to be seen under the playfield glass..

I absolutely love the plaque on my WOZLE. I was sad when I learned there was no wooden apron on TH but whatever JJP does I hope it's as cool as WOZLE. I'd like to see the game number light up or be holographic or something crazy like that. (pipe dream I'm sure)

I haven't seen a prototype with anything resembling numbered plaque. Also I think the metal plaque on my STLE looks more like a corporate asset tag then a collector's numbered plaque. I think/hope JJP can do something more artistic.

plaque_st.jpgplaque_st.jpg

plaque_woz.jpgplaque_woz.jpg

#6814 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That first pic must've been taken with an android phone.

Always the clever one you are Boob... actually I was too lazy to go down and take actual photos so I used that magical box called google

2 weeks later
#7307 8 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

maybe some custom callouts for Smaug?

I would think Smaug would require some speech... otherwise we would just have to be lip readers... It would be weird if that big talking head didn't say anything....

#7309 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I imagine he meant hiring a voice actor to do pinball-specific callouts (as opposed to just movie clips).

Ah - then yes. I would have to agree.

#7330 8 years ago

sometimes I wonder why I keep checking this thread...

#7356 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Less risk maybe. And I've got 8k ready to spend IF it ever comes out and lives up to the hype.

See - I don't mind the pre-order like some other people. I couldn't afford a NIB all at once and I'm not a good saver so I'd never get all the cash together. I've been happily making small payments for a while and it works well for me. I consider it like layaway.

I'd never have had the cash for my STLE if I didn't get such an amazing deal on the trade-in of my STTNG. I guess everyone is different and that's what makes the world go round

Sure the delays are frustrating but I think it's worth the wait.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rferullo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=rferullo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.