47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5869 8 years ago

sucked for me, was on 2 ball play, my first ball was an instant drain and there was no ball save timer. I understand wanting to keep the players moving along so 2 ball is ok, but to not have a ball save timer after waiting 30 minutes was disappointing. So I played one ball. Waited again and this time tilted on second ball after 10 seconds there was no tilt warning, just one tilt and you're gone.

Loved the animations, not sure on the game play. I mean I had a whopping 90 seconds on two games (2 balls) one was an instant drain and one was a tilt in the first 10 seconds.

I will say no one else was tilting so it couldn't have been super sensitive, but no warning is BS because how are you going to know what's a nudge and what's a tilt? IMO my tilt was very more of a nudge, not super aggressive at all.

#5871 8 years ago

Not sure I see the reason for the upper flipper, it would have been nice for there to be a shot that could only be hit from the upper flipper (a ramp ideally).

#5874 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It is likely already in the game settings for how many warnings, from no warning to a lot.
LTG : )

I'm sure, all games have that, I was saying that it's set up for no warning, but disappointed that I waited 20 minutes two times and got to play only 2 balls (one ball on each game)

#5877 8 years ago

It's a great looking game.

3 months later
#7633 8 years ago

5275497916_82071178f9_b.jpg5275497916_82071178f9_b.jpg

#7685 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Strange so the top 100 ratings are correct? But yet you do not have MM as your top game?
I own WOZ and like it. I don't feel the need to bash other games to justify owning it though.

I don't put much stock into someone that has TOTAN rated as a 10. A nice looking and good game, but come on.

IMO you hit the nail on the head with TOTAN, it's like the Anna Kournikova of pins, nice to look at but it's not a winner (IMO). There are a few suspect top10 pins, but TOTAN in the number one offender. I owned Totan, I know Totan and when it comes to playing I'd take Tron or IM every day and twice on sunday.

I feel Tron (and to an lesser extent) IM are somewhat under rated, how Tron is out of the top 20 is beyond me.

#7695 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I feel you've chosen a poor analogy.
If it was the "ana kournikova" of pins, I'd never get tired playing with it....

I see your point, maybe should have said the Tiger Woods of pins, got the name recognition but should be a better player. (IMO of course).

#7696 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I feel a song will make it's appearance right about now.
» YouTube video

this thread reminds me of this song:

#7717 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

As a musician I have to say its really bad playing, I'm open to many kinds of music but that's bad, and not in a good way. Hey if you like it then all the power to ya.

So you probably think Nirvana or The Doors are 'bad' mucisians as well. Sometimes it's not about how great you can play, but about how good the lyrics, emotion, reality of the music is.

Since your a musician, that makes you an expert on what is good or not good and that other non musicians do not have any idea if something is good or not.

#7721 8 years ago

Back to The Hobbit, I've not kept up on the many thousands of posts, what's the delay wasn't it due out a full year ago?

2 weeks later
#8268 8 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'm looking forward to seeing how you all get service and repair parts after jjp goes down. At that point, I'm expecting the prices to plummet on your oversized doorstops. Until then, I congratulate those of you who have the foresight and fortitude to stick out the delays and outright lies to get these highly coveted pieces.

While I don't expect JJP to go under, It would be nice to know why these pins are not shipping. With Kevin and Jpop they always had some excuse for the delay until the other shoe dropped.

4 weeks later
#8825 8 years ago

I am quite fed up with Stern, lack of effort really to me. Stern is getting by with shipping games, but the lack of innovation and ruining of themes is wearing thin.

Now the other side of the coin is that JJP needs to start shipping more pins more often. IMO

1 month later
#8853 8 years ago

We're almost at 3 years since the announcement of TH that was a month after Full Throttle was announced. Stern has released 8 new pins in the time since TH was anounced. Avengers, Metallica, ST, Mustang, TWD, WWE, Kiss, GOT.

I'm sure it's worth the wait and all, but I'm surely glad I didn't pre-order and instead bought STLE and IMVE, the sad thing is some people who have this on order may still be waiting this time next year.

#8855 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

8 Games, but only three are A titles, two are B titles and the rest arn't worth mentioning. I'd rather have one AAA title llike the hobbit then a bunch of half assed titles made to bulk up the games per year number
Metallica, ST, TWD,
Kiss, GOT

Stern does have some duds, but I can't imagine what I'd be thinking if I had put down money 3 years ago and still no pin. It'd be possible that Stern will deliver the next pin or two before some pre-orders get their Hobbit.

I'd hope Jack doesn't do anything in poor taste like selling standard editions to walk in customers while pre-orders are still waiting for their games, but that'd never happen with a classy guy like Jack.

2 months later
#9344 8 years ago
Quoted from goldant:

Automated service still has a few, they're only asking for a $250 deposit fwiw.

I'm tempted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.