47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pw79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#540 10 years ago

This is exciting

I'm really digging what I see so far

Got a feeling when this puppy is done, in stock & shipping I will scoop one up.

Till then I sit back & wait to see how many Bene gets first lol

#610 10 years ago
Quoted from rubberfist:

Some of you Nancy's couldn't enjoy a blowjob and cold Coke if your life depended on it. You really don't realize how good you have it right now. There are knitting circles of 80 y/old grannies with sandy vaginas, and support groups for hemmorhoidal irritable bowel syndrome sufferers who whine far less than some of you.
It's egregious really.

I don't drink my coke sir

It does make me poop though

#623 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Let the JJP jabs continue!

Have no fear Captain JJP Defender is here!

#651 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

said something very close to (in a joking tone) "that they don't know sh*t about building a pinball company", haha. That got a good laugh out of the crowd. Overall Jack and Butch gave a really nice presentation and it was great to have JJP at MPE again.

Hmmmm, based on historical data he isn't the most knowledgable in that area either (in a joking tone). Maybe he got laughs for the wrong reason lol.

I'm in for a Hobbit once/if tangible so I wish the dude well. Hopefully he makes some less expensive & simpler games too. Like STOOGES!

Sucks to hear about the voice work, glad you're updating us though (even if you are a relentless fanboy

#655 10 years ago

Is that Rob Knapp lol

#658 10 years ago

Zzzzzz

Sorry, I stopped listening.

Maybe we should talk about Hobbit again instead.

#695 10 years ago

If 3000 TH's are made via a combination of LE's & Standards then it's just $33 per game

The LE is apx $8,500.00 to your door & over $9,000.00 if you live in NJ/IL. Not sure what the standard model will cost. It should have legit sound. That's part of STTNG's magic. Best F'n callouts ever!

#797 10 years ago

If Pappy & Kirk are done fighting maybe Ice & PW79 can carry the torch

The first rule about Hobbit update club

There are no updates

#929 10 years ago

Remember the WOZ updates where they would move the proto to a different corner of the building & call it an update? This seems like video of them playing the game in the same status it was in at the last update.

Not much to see. I look FW to some meat/taters updates however.

#974 10 years ago

Those 17 drivers not used in WOZ were originally intended for the GI

5 months later
#2171 9 years ago
Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

Can someone please call Jack to send us an non-blurry version of this picture....

Reminds me of a joke

5 months later
#4910 9 years ago

I'm not a fan of JJP shenanigans...

But I'm watching you Hobbit, oh yes I'm watching you.

Love the theme. Can't wait to play one & see how it ends up.

#4917 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Hey Wiz just do it, who doesn't have any shenanigans now a days in this industry? Maybe you will put up one of your current tittles in your line up .... I'm interested, I don't buy anything from a smoke free non Padron environment

Had a Padron 3000 Maduro today!

But I smoke in the garage, patio & porch so my games are still smoke free sir

I just cannot trade real life complete masterpiece from my collection for a non real life incomplete game with no legit ETA.

Something tells me a Hobbit would be sexy next to a Lebowski & whatever the next Spooky title is. Can't wait until 2016 to see how it pans out.

#5039 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

considering what jpop and skit-b buyers are experiencing, this thread should be a joyous celebration about the amazing hobbit pin that's going to ship soon.

Dude you thought Stern MSRP was real life pricing a few weeks ago so keep in mind you are not aware of whats really going on. I'm not being a dick, I'm just keeping it real. Don't take offense.

I don't know what's going on either & I expect 2015 to rock but IMO late = problems. At least that seems to have been the case with every other late game ever made or not made yet.

I am curious to see how a preorder based company fares on their next title after quoting ETA's years off base on possibly 2 games in a row while other companies closed with preorder money likely gone forever still stinging collectors.

People have to be tired of expensive incomplete late shit or even worse.... nothing.

Hobbit keeps improving, the theme is awesome & I love the LCD art/animations so let's hope things start happening soon!

#5045 9 years ago

Man I love love love the LCD stuff @ work on this game.

Quoted from jazc4:

I expect that JJP will abandon the pre-order model as soon as financially possible.

What if the collectors abandon it first?

Quoted from ozno:

I hear people will see Hobbits starting in late May and code will be decent from day one. Good times!!

I heard that was happening Mid 2014. Maybe I misunderstood or the info was from an unreliable source?

#5152 9 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Check out this one.
This Hobbit seems to be a hell of a lot faster in pitch.
I'm liking what I'm seeing... So far this one plays the best I have seen on you tube
» YouTube video

That LCD is sick dank!

The icons, clips, progression... Fuck!

Cool.

#5232 9 years ago

I agree the PF is the weakest part of the game

That's sucks because it's a pinball machine lol

2 weeks later
#5824 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So September then?
Seriously though. This is very disappointing. Even late June puts this at half a year late from the "contractual requirement".

September 2015?

Be more specific

#5915 8 years ago

That's beefy shit

Like a Belgian Blue

image.jpgimage.jpg
#5964 8 years ago

Is this an update thread or delay thread?

Or are the delays the updates lol

Any legit new news from Allentown?

#5967 8 years ago

I forgot about the drywall screw lmfao

Edit: Man, that was like a lifetime ago. That was 2011 right? They should ship one in the goodie bag for shits n giggles

2 weeks later
#6209 8 years ago

Exejet tried to warn us all...

#6214 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

About what? Avatar's value?

No, the other

#6279 8 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

After talking with Jack on several occasions I am convinced he is close to production. I heard him say more then once that they will not be building 1's or 2's

Jack used the "No one'sy two'sy" line on me during a phone conversation while accepting my $2500 WOZ deposit. At that time WOZ production was stated as being "just a few months out". Back then "boards were done" too.

Years passed before a single WOZ left the line however.

#6334 8 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

The only thing I see that could go wrong with 1 or 2 a week is people might be even more upset? IDK. I think the plan is that once production begins they come flying out and lots are delivered fast.

Jack said that to you too didnt he?

He told me people would throw a fit & get pissed if he shipped WOZ just a few at a time. I'm paraphrasing here BTW

Lmfao apx 2 years later still no WOZ shipped... When he finally did ship games there was only a handful on an almost empty truck & it felt like a lot of time passed before more left. That's about as onsey twosey as it gets.

I'm not targeting or attacking you via this reply I promise. I'm just sharing my experience that sure sounds very similar to yours.

My gut says Jack had good intentions & passion when this all started. Hope it all gets back on track

#6336 8 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Whoa - slow down. Jack never said that. I said I was guessing... I said IDK - that stands for I Don't Know... right
Don't drag me into your rants please.

Too late.

Welcome to thunder dome lol

1 month later
#7100 8 years ago

Who thinks a Hobbit 2015 delivery will happen?

#7107 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I do not, even if they get a few out to make a couple customers happy that would be great.

Agreed. It takes a die hard pinhead to preorder a JJP title. They (buyers) need a quick win to take the edge off & a couple games shipping this year would make things easier on them.

You think all preorders will ship before 2017?

1 week later
#7339 8 years ago

I can't believe JJP was so cheap they didn't hire the original actors to do voice work

1 week later
#7438 8 years ago

Are PF's routed out before or after the ink/clear?

I never thought of that before but here I see some with holes & some without.

#7441 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Before. That photo makes zero sense to me. Maybe it's some kind of test thing or wall art? No idea. You definitely don't print, clear, and then go "okay, time to route those holes!"

That's a tall stack of unrouted playfields. I'm not familiar with what 100 PF's in a pile look like but I'd imagine it's close to what's shown in the pic.

What if it's just 1 real PF and all the others are merely sheets of foam?

If my wife left me I'd prolly go to strip clubs with fat stacks of blank paper & a $100 on top/bottom

I'm humorously trolling right now guys.

image.jpgimage.jpg

3 weeks later
#7705 8 years ago

Typical JJP thread

All bitching, no games

#7809 8 years ago

Will Hobbit ship before 2016?

#8034 8 years ago

I heard Ridley Scott is going to direct "3001 - Space Oddessy" soon.

That should be JJP's next game as completion should coincide with the actual year 3001

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 25.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pw79.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=pw79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.