Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playernumber4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#168 5 years ago

I'm more concerned about not being able to use more than 3 initials for your high score than worried about how many digits the actual scoring goes to. A win is a win and a loss is a loss regardless of how many digits it records.

At least give me the option of using 10 letters so everyone else knows who you are and can comment over the beer afterwords.

7 months later
#1498 5 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

LE now comes with a hernia belt...

Note to self: Buy Escalera...buy Escalera....

4 months later
#4177 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

It's not possible to tell if it will be a hit or a miss until it's done. May I submit some examples..
SM - poo pooed until the code was done now they are highly prized.
IM - was chewed up and spit out at first, now we are lining up for seconds.
Totan - was considered a dog but try to find one under 5k now
CV - closed out at bargain basement prices, now fageddaboudit
POTC - was meh.. now hey!
Wh2o - B now an A title, same thing happening to RS
WoZ - was not received all that warmly at first but with the latest code, it's a sure keeper (wish I had kept mine now)
Even TSPP was a sleeper, we're wide awake now.
Time will tell the tale of TH. I'm in and will remain in until the code is complete. The hardware does need to be there but the sheer possibilities the JJP platform affords boggles the mind. It can be any number of games depending on who is programming it. Keith has a proven track record, I have every confidence it will be a cherished addition to any collection, if not off the bat, eventually. That said, I would like to see a couple changes before it starts rolling off the line.

SM was not poo pooed until the code was done. It was well received and appreciated more once the final code was done.
IM was chewed up and spit out first because most of thought it sucked and had been stripped down by Stern to increase profits. The only reason it turned into a second production run was that so few were sold that nobody could find one to play. Prices went up on scarcity alone and buyers thought they could flip them at a profit. Lots of those are already hitting the resale market and it does not look like there is much if any profit.
TOTAN happened near the end of the pinball era when they were clearing out MM's for $2800 NIB. Thats a hard comparison to make.
CV fell in the the same time frame catagory as TOTAN and was a victim of changing times. It was indeed a beautiful game.
POTC was a beautiful game with lots of toys...probably the last Stern produced at a reasonable price. But the gameplay was slow. People got tired of it. But in a big collection it really should be a part of it.
WH20...yup a beautiful game that was not appreciated at the time but does get better with LED lighting to fill in all the dark spots. But RS is NOT following the same path and never will. Too many ball hangups etc. And "Mick on a stick" is more of a joke than anything else.

I'm a total JJP fan and love my WOZ. But Hobbit simply did not hit my sweet spot. I'm not not banging it...just saying it did not appeal to me. I hope it sells like gangbusters so that JJP can give us even better games in the future.

1 month later
#4706 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I really don't think you need the protector in a home environment. The only thing that concerns me is that VUK hole by Bag End. That puppy's gonna take a serious beating without some kind of Cliffy or something. Seems like a big design flaw.

I don't understand why no manufacturer has come out with a replaceable plastic "bushing" type of protector for VUK holes. All it would take is a larger diameter counterbore 1/4" deep on the playfield with a push in type of bushing. There are many ways it could be held in place. They could even go the entire way down the hole by making it a sleeve with a larger diameter lip on the top like a coil sleeve but larger.

9 months later
#9223 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Nope. Powder may be hard but it's significantly softer than the steel used for ramps or ball guides. Bare metal is much more likely to cause ball scratches and issues.

I've been using Cerakote on rifle and handgun parts and its holding up like new. Have you ever checked the specs on it vs powdercoat? I have always wondered if it would be ideal for wireforms.

9 months later
#10000 3 years ago

Damn....I got 3/4 way thru the download and the JJP site crashed. Thats a long download to start all over again tomorrow or monday....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
Ridgeland, WI
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider playernumber4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside