47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchili.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5151 9 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Check out this one.
This Hobbit seems to be a hell of a lot faster in pitch.
I'm liking what I'm seeing... So far this one plays the best I have seen on you tube
ยป YouTube video

I played this at MPE for my first time this week. It seemed incredibly slow (and "floaty") but then again, so did WOZ at shows but when I play it now, it seems much faster. The main thing that bothered me was that there was no shot in the game that felt satisfying (you know, those shots you get that feeling of "yes, nailed it" over and over). The pop-up figures are a bit silly looking and it felt weird that I couldn't backhand the Spider (the left-side pop-ups.) Also, I'm not sure what to shoot for with that upper right flipper. However, the video graphics and sound were absolutely fantastic!! You simply cannot appreciate the video artwork while you're playing. But it's great to watch and learn the game if you're standing in line! Definitely eye candy.

Oh, also, I didn't notice what the outlane posts were set at but games seemed very long. I was behind 2 young kids who seemed to play for at least 10 minutes (a 2 player game.) And the game is set to 2 balls only! I also seemed to play for a very long time both times I played.

BTW, Jack showed up with a new code update at MPE this evening. Hopefully someone will post a new video for all.

#5184 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Answer will be The Hobbit, all day every day unless it is a total clunkfest dog. New and shiny will win. If you are an actual player and pinball enthusiast then it is definitely more up in the air.
I was going to say what might win in a casual battle between an EM and LoTR should be equally obvious... but I can see quite a few EM's winning that battle with easy to understand rules and not taking an hour between turns

New and shiny wins in your mind? No way. I actually prefer the game that is more fun and LOTR has more fun shots and more toys that make it a much more fun game. Without even taking into consideration the crazy price difference.

#5194 9 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

The rules will make this game very special and who better than Keith and Ted to make that happen. The art and music package is already there. I have no concerns TH will be a unique and fun game to own.

It is unique and the video graphics and sound are fantastic! Although I'm not sure about putting so much stock in having 20 or 30 modes. I'm not sure how I feel about a game of pinball lasting 30 or more minutes. It's not like there is a "save game" feature like in video games. I would have really liked to see more mechanical toys in this game and with such a wide open playfield the ball seemed to just float 3/4 of the way up the playfield many times and slooooowly roll back down.

I would be shocked if at this point the game isn't complete (minus more code.) I think a person can certainly make up their mind whether this game is for them or not at this point.

#5199 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I disagree. I think it would be very difficult for someone to make up their mind at this point.

Very difficult? Aside from adjusting the pitch of the game I'm not sure what more you're expecting. Have you seen the game in person? With the latest code update I'm pretty confident the code is much further along than you realize. It certainly seemed to me that most of the early level modes are in place now. Numerous videos, callouts, and sounds (that part of the game is amazing.) I'm no Wizard so I don't need wizard modes in place to know if a game is for me or not.

I'm not a tournament player by any means so I guess playfield layout/toys and the art package account for 70% for me. Heck, it seems a hundred people or more on here made up their mind that it was for them a couple years ago when they bought it, lol.

#5209 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

In line a second time to play The Hobbit at Michigan Pinball Expo. First thoughts...the game doesn't seem slow and has a good pace to it. The animations and sound are outstanding. I also find the LCD on the book toy very easy to read. Overall I had a lot of fun playing my first game on TH.

You should take some video for folks of the latest code update (that Jack brought with him just last night.) I'm not sure what all is new?

#5231 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

When you look at the lcd in some of the videos. Its hard to still deny pinball from now on needs a well used lcd screen.
It is just awesome!

I agree it does look awesome! Although, there is just so much going on (on the screen) that I rarely ever looked up at the lcd while actually playing. You can't just quickly glance up there and pick out what you need (or want) to find out. But it's fun to look at while you're waiting for your turn!

The video graphics and sound are much better than WOZ in my opinion. The lights and toys on the playfield are less, however. Trade-offs.

#5238 9 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

Does anyone know if TH will be at Pinball at the Zoo?

Not for a fact but since Abel's has one in their possession and he usually is at PATZ, I would say there is a good chance.

#5244 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

We already know that JJP intends to make Smaugs eyes glow (not currently implemented) so maybe there's a couple other finishing touches to come?

Man, really? The game was originally supposed to be done last July! I love their desire to make a game the best it can be but I just can't see how they can survive like this taking so long to produce a single game. With WOZ it was understandable since they had to develop so much from scratch (both hardware and software platform). But with Hobbit, what the heck? Two and a half years in development? Why are people not waving red flags all over the place?

#5329 9 years ago

Are there any good combo shots to be made in this game?

#5466 9 years ago
Quoted from sj1000:

I am compiling a list of all individuals or businesses who have placed a deposit on the Hobbit or any JJP game. We should be releasing an important Jersey Jack Pinball related website, that will help you, on through major social org (ie; twitter, facebook, etc.). The e-mail is [email protected]. Since this is not an attack on JJP. We would like to see them succeed but do believe they have a serious money issue. We think we have the solution.

I assume you're only interested in folks who currently have money with JJP waiting for a game? Not folks who placed a deposit in the past and got their game(s)?

I think it's a good idea for an outside group to do some analysis if there is any reason for concern. Even if there is no reason for concern at all (hopefully), it's still peace of mind to know folks didn't sit around in denial for months/years when red flags should have been caught.

#5485 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Don't listen to anything the troll has to say. Just look at the info below from other threads he's posted in since joining Pinside. Reported again. The account should be banned.
This image got 1 "unsafe" tag and has ben hidden automatically, per your settings. un-hide1234.JPG (Click image to enlarge) 1
123.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Whether you have an issue with this particular person or not, why would you be so strongly against some outside party doing some investigation in order to make consumers aware of any risk here? I think there is significant risk right now and it is certainly not being made known to pre-order folks. It's just hard to imagine how JJP cannot be deep in the red with all of the significant delays and rework to games.

#5490 9 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Im not understanding why they would be in the red?
Most of the 1500 Sold Hobbits are prepaid for in full already.
1500x$8000 ( average cost on a Hobbit/LE/SE)
$12,000,000 in revenue..

I highly doubt the distributors who have Hobbit on order are paid in full (which probably accounts for the majority of the games). No way. But aside from that, it has already been 2 and a half years since the announcement of Hobbit and the start of taking pre-orders. How many people at JJP are salaried employees and what would your guess of average salary be? How many hourly workers are there? How much does a factory of that size cost monthly to keep open? How much money is spent on marketing, travel, WOZ warranty support, etc. etc.? How much profit do you think JJP can make on any one game? I think they probably lost money on the 1000 ECLE WOZ's (especially considering the number that were sold at the initial $6500 price point.) Considering how efficient and disciplined (particularly on BOM cost) Stern has had to become to turn a profit (much less stay alive) I just can't see how JJP is not struggling financially.

In the end, all I'm saying is it would be nice for some industry veterans to do some analysis based on their own experience and try to quantify just how real the risk is for customers.

#5492 9 years ago

I remember in the early days of WOZ we saw many pictures of the assembly line being set up which seemed to take several months. Parts lined up at different "stations". A wiring harness diagram for the game. Employees getting trained. We got to see the assembly line itself come together which was pretty cool.

Has anyone seen any picture(s) of the assembly line for Hobbit coming together? I'm assuming they've at least started setting up the assembly line, no?

#5506 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Yes, he is. That's why I applaud him.
Do you even understand the irony of Lloyd giving you tech support over the weekend to solve your WOZ LE problems, while you are, at the same time, anonymously soliciting Pinsiders on the Hobbit Update thread to contact you via private email so you can disclose negative information about the financial viability of the company that Lloyd supports?

I don't see the irony or your point. Lloyd providing technical support to a paid customer has nothing to do with the viability of JJP going forward and this person's conern. This person has expressed a desire to help and (unless I missed something?) is trying to simply gather some information on how many pre-order folks there really are and how much money they paid up. Where did he say he wanted to disclose negative information? If folks prefer to keep their heads buried in the sand and have no concern about when or if they'll get their games then great. Don't email this person. But I don't see the need for the personal attacks. He openly offered who he is (Pro Pinball) and noted they had forged a "financial relationship" with JJP. Sounds legit, no?

#5512 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

No, it does not sound legitimate. Legitimate business is not conducted this way. Legitimate business offers are made in private and not announced publicly by trollish-looking comments openly soliciting information about the target's customer base via email before the meeting is held and the offer is made.

Insert the "Lighten up Francis" image from Stripes.

#5514 9 years ago

Always bad etiquette posting PM's Panzer. No matter how funny.

#5536 9 years ago

So back to actual Hobbit updates. Can someone summarize the latest happenings from the past month or two? Is there any update on the status of the production line for Hobbit? Have there been pics of Hobbit parts coming in and being stockpiled? Has Jack given any updated time frame for when they hope to ship the first game? Is it still May? There haven't been any pics of Smaug with lit eyes yet has there?

#5540 9 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Nah, think epic JJP troll that keeps getting banned and uses multiple accounts.

sj1000 is definitely not Crazy!

#5544 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Funny how you are the only one in this thread who is defending Sj1000 and what he's saying about JJP, including the negative financial things that he's implied.
Then again, you were formerly Craz4Pin, so I guess it all makes sense! Back to troll JJP threads and encourage others to do so under a new handle. Good luck with that.

If that makes you feel better about yourself Rob then great. You're special. But me not mob attacking every single person who comes on a JJP thread with questions does not make me a troll. There are real questions that should be asked right now. I do not wish to start any disagreement on the games JJP are making or attempting to make. To each his own. But it is not wrong to be asking the tough questions right now.

#5545 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

We don't need your help, nor do we want it. Now, don't make me go all Jersey on you. I'm about to invite you to go do something to yourself that is physically impossible unless you have both sets of plumbing.

^This. This is crazy talk. Over the top ridiculous. The guy never even made any serious negative comment about JJP and was only trying to offer help and in return is attacked by a pack of wolves. That is crazy. Why?

#5548 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If you think that I have a problem with asking "the tough questions", then you don't know me very well.
But you encouraging posts like the stuff that sj1000 was making? No, those weren't "tough questions". They were largely indecipherable posts supposedly having something to do with JJP's financial situation? Where was a single "tough question" in any of his posts?

Are you aware of the other lawsuit(s) against Jack/JJP beyond Elaut that have not been announced? Elaut made a public declaration of their lawsuit. Others did not. Why did Jack only respond to the public announcement he knew was coming?

People come on here pointing out red flags and trying to offer help but they're shot down in an embarrassing way. Childish name calling and personal attacks. Whose side are you on? Do you not consider it strange that Hobbit is nearly 5 months behind schedule (ignoring the original July '14 target date) and no pictures of any production line being set up? No confirmed shipping date? JJP is just flush with cash or something?

Fine, if it is bad etiquette to discuss these pertinent things I won't. Make it a policy. I do not want to antagonize anyone and I do not want to debate whether JJP can produce a quality game (I believe they can and do.) You can call people asking the obvious questions trolls, that's your right. But YOU are not asking the tough questions.

#5560 9 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

'Sorry....I just ....can't ....keep... my mind....off that cat...

You know that is the greatest Ralph Wiggum quote ever, right? "My cat's breath smells like cat food". lol.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Funny, His account was created at the exact same time the last crazy4pin account was banned. Significant coincidence don't you think?
And with sj1000's butchery of the English language, he has to be the long lost brother of ek77.

I know you love feeling like you're Matlock but I'm not sj1000 and I'm not here arguing about how good or bad Hobbit is. Asking questions about how a new startup can seemingly take an unlimited amount of time (not once but twice now) to put out a game without having serious financial risk seems more responsible than not.

#5562 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I didn't say you were sj1000. I said you are crazy4pin. You seem to have a large amount of knowledge of history around here given your account is but 4 weeks old. I somehow doubt you spent those 4 weeks reading years worth of threads cover to cover.
Odd isn't it?

No, it's not odd at all actually. What is odd is how the hard questions are always evaded. I would keep the back and forth banter going but I have to head to church. I'll check back with you later.

#5570 9 years ago

I am NOT trolling but honestly, for peace of mind, can JJP please produce some photos of Hobbit parts being stockpiled (like playfields) and a production line coming together?? If games have any chance of shipping in the next 6 weeks these things should be happening, right?

#5573 9 years ago

I appreciate that you're not concerned and let's just say by all likelihood you'll get your games soon enough. However, am I wrong to assume that in order for game 1 of Hobbit to ship by the end of May parts should have already started arriving and a production line should have started being put together in order for that to happen? Playfield artwork was finalized long ago so I would think there should at least be plenty of those on site now, right? Is it really crossing a line to ask for evidence of a production line coming together? Why would JJP want to hold that news back?

#5580 9 years ago
Quoted from B9:

If you really need to know what's going on give Jack a call.

I do not trust Jack's words even remotely. He has proven they are meaningless. I prefer to see photographic evidence.

BUT, I don't even have skin in the game. That's the truth, I'll admit it. I just don't like what I'm seeing and history seems to be repeating itself all too quickly as of late. I would hate to see more pinball fans get hurt.

I want to believe everything is just great and going smoothly but common sense tells me otherwise.

If every pre-order person on here thinks it is too much to ask JJP for more information on Hobbit production and they do not want to hear me post about why this is very suspicious then I'll stop. If someone IS interested in more information please say so or PM me.

Enough said. I tried.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinchili.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=pinchili and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.