47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6466 8 years ago

I was in for the ride with WOZLE, and am in for Hobbit LE too. What Jack and the team continue to achieve is amazing

JJP is definitely the benchmark for pinball quality now.

2 months later
#8065 8 years ago

I won't be pre-ordering from JJP again. So so slow. And no updates re delivery dates.

#8093 8 years ago

Yes crazy prices, but bear in mind Europe has 20%+ import (sales) tax vs approx 5% in US, so it's not the retailer ripping us off.

It also means it's a lot cheaper for US folks to get Alien from UK.

The shipping is surprisingly cheap for such a heavy, large item, particularly when done by the container load.

All that said, NIB prices are so high now, it puts me off buying new. Yet we all still do it

2 months later
#8951 8 years ago

I pre-ordered 8 pins, 8 I tells ya. Never again!

WOZ
Hobbit
MG
RAZA
Predator
P3
Nemo
MM-R

My success rate on these to date (1 of 8 received, 3 of 8 court cases, 4 of 8 nearly there, honest) has been somewhat less high than I would have liked. On the plus side, Nemo (with gold plating!) should be completed by end-Nov, and I may get it by Xmas, assuming islamic bandits don't get to it first I also got into collecting jukeboxes while waiting for these pins, which has been fun. One of these jukes was used in a West End show recently in which Ben Whishaw (who plays Q) was stripped down to his underpants and got tied to it, but I digress. That's Ben for you.

More seriously, making new pins is a slow and painful business. I certainly wouldn't contemplate such an endeavour.

Yep, I'm drunk in the jacuzzi again. Soz.

1 month later
#9121 8 years ago

EAG is next Tue-Thurs in London- Europe's biggest such show. I hear that Hobbit/JJP won't be there. Why??

http://www.eagexpo.com

1 week later
#9143 8 years ago

I went to the EAG show in London, and JJP was not there as we know. I find this moderately concerning. It's Europe's biggest amusement industry show, and although mostly not pinball of course, Heighway Pinball and Stern (via the Electrocoin stand) were there.

Are cost considerations really that critical for JJP right now? Do they anticipate Hobbit delays being so far out still that it's not worth taking orders? Has interest in WOZ declined so much?

I get the 'can't be everywhere' argument, but surely you need to invest to grow a business, and, specifically, to be at Europe's biggest industry event? Particularly if you claim to want to grow the operator market. For example, the Sega and Bandai Namco stands (and many others) had lots of redemption ticket games, which I thought would have been right up JJP's street. Maybe next year, I guess...

#9144 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Whatever comes after "let's be patient so they can get it right", well, I'm about there now.

I agree about the delays getting to the 'too long' stage now. It's put me off pre-ordering. There are machines I'd like to pre-order now, but I'm highly reluctant to do so again.

That said, if it's just putting down £1k or so, and nil else until ready for shipping, that model might work, but even that I'm thinking about after being so badly stung with Jpop and Predator, and long delays with WOZLE then THLE, MMR, P3 etc.

On the positive side, Nemo will be arriving soon (the gold one that Antonio has done such a lovely job on), and MMR within 2 weeks hopefully as it recently arrived at UK port

Due to all these delays & Jpop/Kulek shenanigans, I actually switched to jukebox collecting! Also bought some vintage arcade machines. So it's diversified my interests, which I guess is a positive.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=pinballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.