47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2951 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Is there anyone from JJP that can answer a question on whether we will be able to buy an extra red smaug if we go with the gold version? I would want both as an option at home.

Me too, I like the red smaug, it has better contrast that the gold at this point in time.
I might change my mind if they fix it up a bit before production so that it doesn't get lost in the pile of gold coins.

#3129 9 years ago

Whether Red or gold still...Smaug™ looks like he's cozying up under a gold sequined comforter....I feel like getting him a hot Cocoa...

1 year later
#9745 7 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Wow, that new 1.10 code looks great! Still wish they had a "MULTIBALL!" callout when it starts. I mentioned that to David Thiel at Pinball Expo last year, and he said they recorded that. I wonder why it's not in there yet.

During my recent pinball party, I noticed that the novice players were a little confused and a bit surprised that the multiball had started.

A call out might help out a bit, although the shaker motor rumbles certainly let you know something is going to happen!

I dont think that a Gandalf call out is needed here for multi ball. I would think that in this case, some kind of scary way to announce it from Smaug, that might invoke terror would be very cool.

#9747 7 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

Smaug does have a very specific roar when multiball starts.

It does indeed, but I think something more bone chilling. And maybe a verbal taunt or statement of intent: "Your all gonna die now!", "You've awakened the beast!" etc...

1 week later
#9767 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Its just a different type of pin than Stern, a widebody with that much open space will never be fast, but thats good for some people, need variety.

The Hobbit™ is more like a journey, a real adventure. It starts out relatively calm then intensity builds and then all hell breaks loose!
Really well written code even now in its beginning stages, a lot of fun.

#9778 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

because its slower. who cares why? whether its a larger playfield or not doesn't take away from the fact its slow and floaty, thats what I meant by ridiculous. Look I said it already this isn't the thread for me to be posting in and I agree not every game needs to be a speed demon, TH is not and thats for sure, thats cool.

I don't think TH is any more floaty than any other pin. If it's floaty for you, learn the pin and play better.
Even the fastest pins are floaty on missed shots and weak poorly timed flips.
A properly set-up Th is fast and crisp to play.
Missed shots can be brutal and STDM in the blink of an eye.

1 month later
#9831 7 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

I have mine set at 12 degrees. Plays perfect!

Try to get it to 90 degrees, make it a fine pachinko machine.

#9835 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Played it for the first time the other day, (thanks mummite!) and thought I was special for a moment when my initials were requested...only to learn I was the first one to play it that day

Had a bbq last weekend people absolutely loved the daily high score! It gave them something to shoot for as all my high scores are in the millions. They talked about it a lot.

And whats awesome is that you can turn it on or off for parties.

I wish my WOZ had that feature. People would like it more.

3 months later
#9953 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I love the lightshow on that one, but bashing the left ramp repeatedly is just brain-dead. Why not left-right alternating to finish the mode or something else to add a little spice to the mode?

There are 31 modes (think baskin robbins...) I imagine that there is something for everyone...

#9964 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, but why have the filler modes I have to groan about when they come up (flies and spiders and bash spider are groaners for me)? If you can't do 31 fully awesome modes, just have 25 rock solid, fully engaging modes in the game and cut the fat. I'm totally fine with that.
That said, since this is still essentially a framework, using the WoZ software roadmap, I expect that they'll all eventually be fleshed out before it's considered finished. So, I can wait.

You can flip past any modes you dont like by hitting the flipper button while the ball is on the wire form.
You only have to complete one mode to get to a mini-wizard mode.

#9967 7 years ago

I just played 1.9.
Much better feel of the game, much higher scores, a more natural feel to the whole environment.
The game is much more alive and engaging.

With more a iittle more polish this incredible game will soar to amazing new heights.
Well done JJP and team.

#9971 7 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Just loaded 1.90 and I'm getting some unattended jet bumper action randomly while playing. Anyone else seeing this with 1.90?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks Lloyd on top of things as usual!

#9983 7 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

and the bash the spider ones.

I LOVE bash the spider, its so close to the flippers its dangerous and simple at the same time.
Its so simple and yet half of the time I cant even hit the spider LOL!

#9985 7 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

What is the new bonus mechanic?

I think it has to do with the mix and match multipliers possibly represented in the new hex or other shaped icons when you look at the award on the screen during mode completion.

Sadly its not a newly hired staff member who comes to your house....

#10004 7 years ago
Quoted from halpain24:

So I have missed an update I think. I am on 1.3 Can I go to 1.9 with just the delta or do I need to do a full install?

1.9 is a delta update

#10009 7 years ago
Quoted from hillbilly:

I'm having trouble with the update. Running 1.21 and trying to update to 1.90. Getting a message that says no update found but have both the zip and extracted folder in just as the instructions read on the website.

The extracted folder might have the Hobbit_update folder inside it.
If so, copy and paste it outside of the containing folder, direcly onto the flash drive itself (not in a folder), then delete the left over empty folder.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 25.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballinreno.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=pinballinreno and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.