47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pbinthesouth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2424 9 years ago

Wow a lot of changes made in a short period of time.
Glad i kept my order and switched to TH SE.. agree, though that reg Smaug head might be better look over all (is that pictured above? or was that just the lighting making his head look red?)
At first was shocked to see all the pf art changes but the improved contrast and brighter colors/larger Smaug are better..
Now JJP should just stop paying attention to further criticism and just work on getting the game out… soon!

#2744 9 years ago

I assume the video shows the "red" Smaug.. that's not just the lighting..
I like what I see so far… the cycling of the dwarf targets is the only down and could be really annoying but I'll wait till the rules clarify themselves and play it..
I do kind of wonder with the wide open pf.. why not just make it a standard width game.. does it really need to be a wide body..
I think the red Smaug head with LED lit eyes and once the diverter and toilet box beside him are done is fine.. let JJP be done with the game and move on to production….

1 month later
#3639 9 years ago

Sticking with SE here.. updated gold Smaug head with more red tones looks good and will be even better with the LED eyes..

Lates I'm hearing for actual delivery of games... not till March or April..

2 weeks later
#3923 9 years ago

I think the first thing I'll do if I still decide to take delivery of my game.. is get rid of those stupid (purple?) cheap paper thin weapons coming out of the sling shots.. just awful!

3 weeks later
#4299 9 years ago

Game unlikely to start shipping till at least late March. Final production game will be available at TPF.

#4300 9 years ago

I was just thinking also about the main LCD display in the back glass while playing WOZ the other day..
It used to bother me with all of the information overload from Woz.. but, now after getting used to it.. it is very helpful (when you can look up) to have 4 QUADS of information that are very large.. movie videos/important animations takes over the entire area briefly... then back to game progress

But, on THLE, based on current gameplay videos, it seems that it will be harder to see game progress information as that info now is "framed" around movie videos.. making the actual gameplay information shrunk onto 4 corners. Right?

Has anyone else thought or noticed that this might be annoying.. obviously could be wrong and need to relook at available gameplay video that's out there..

#4316 9 years ago

So does each hexagon mean you've "captured" that character kind of like ring frenzy or gathering the fellowship on LOTR?

#4362 9 years ago

So who has the earliest order date.. my request was made November 29 2012...

#4429 9 years ago

Last I heard from 2 different distributors was goal of late March/early April production. I'm in on first batch to my distributor...

1 month later
#4680 9 years ago

For those of us heading to TPF... why only one game at the show? Means nobody will get to play it unless they stand in line for an hour or more....
This game is imminently getting ready to be produced... why not bring 3 games to show it off?

#4741 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I was quoted late Summer/Fall so unless anyone else has heard sooner than this (which is about 5 months), then that's probably the expected launch time.

Ugh, that sucks... a few months ago distributors were saying production late March/early April. This must be why they are only taking one "prototype" to the TPF this week..

#4753 9 years ago

Yes, confirmed by Jack. Only about 6 prototypes spread out to different shows/showings so 1 on way to TPF now.. same as seen in video. Real production games are very near.
Jack did not announce a date.. but some say starting in May.. won't be end of summer as someone else said.

1 month later
#5663 8 years ago

Yes, saw that post. Good to know QC is high priority..
But it still obviously means, more likely several months than just a few weeks for production.
Just a guess, but I'm thinking more likely no production till at least late June or late Summer...
a bummer indeed..

1 month later
#6242 8 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Jack said production will start in weeks, not months

Jack said that back in January... it has been many months now..

But I disagree about the CF issue.. most people are not paid in full.. Jack knows he can't ask for final payment from all of the big buyers (distributors).. so he has a huge incentive to get production rolling to cash in on about $3000 CF/machine... No one is buying a NIB WOZ now... at least here in NA..

Having said all that.. and having put in since late NOV 2012.. I'm now out of this game.. I've seen the Smaug MB too many times.. game shots look boring...and I just am sick of everything JJP being widebody...

#6252 8 years ago

Wow I just realized that it was October 14 last year!.. when JJP requested that depositors send in additional funds for the game...over 7 months ago.. and at that time it was almost 2 years before that the original order/deposit was made on announcement...

3 months later
#8611 8 years ago

Ugh, yeah after the whole GOTLE and now seeing updated pf of TH..starting to regret canceling mine too.. was in way early Nov 2012 and just got sick of waiting in May..
and was $1200 less than MSRP, including shipping at the time... bummer!

5 months later
#9433 8 years ago

LE #947 now on way. Changed my mind after watching light show again/recent pics/and rulesheet.. should be here next week!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pbinthesouth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=pbinthesouth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.