47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 10 years ago

Looking pretty cool, one question though, what's the point of using the top flippers when you can hit everything with the bottom flippers? What am i missing here?

10 months later
#2680 9 years ago

Great idea except very few of us are fluent in nerd

Quoted from Goronic:

Regarding the laser cutting on the ramps. Not sure I like the text/instructions on that. How about laser-cutting DWARF runes on the right ramp that leads to the treasure room? Perhaps have it spell the same runes that are on the Erebor key "Durin Heir". And on the left ramp going to the book and bumpers have ELVISH runes that say "Rivendell", "Thranduil", "Mirkwood", or "Orcrist"?
JJP: This may help if you decide to go this route:
http://derhobbit-film.de/rune/runes.php?fsize=100&write=000000&back=ffffff&font=0&text=durin%20heir
http://derhobbit-film.de/rune/runes.php?fsize=100&write=000000&back=ffffff&font=2&text=rivendell
http://derhobbit-film.de/rune_generator.shtml#rune
And led lighting below would still be good to make them shine/glow. Everyone likes glowing runes and you have the LED book to tell people what ramp to shoot. Put cool Hobbit stuff on those ramps!

#2681 9 years ago

Seriously though, that would look sweet but nobody would be able to understand it.

3 weeks later
#3330 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'll tell you why many went Smaug:
2) nut sack goblin on LE

^
|
|
|

This.

1 month later
#4222 9 years ago

Gold looks like ass to me. I'm getting the SE so I hope they will just put the red one on. I don't want to pay $200 for a crappy Vegas style gold head. The red is a million times better and the pillars are beautiful too.

1 month later
#4934 9 years ago

The 3rd flipper should be removed period. It has no purpose whatsoever.

1 week later
#5135 9 years ago

IDK guys, starting to worry I'm getting a $9000 sleep-aid. Lots of dead ball rolling around time.

#5167 9 years ago

Heh, everyone raves about the slick video and sound. If I want to watch slick video and sound I'll watch the movie on my home theater. I thought this was a pinball machine.

The priorities for designing this thing should have been:
1. Game play/layout
2. Rules/Code
3. Cosmetics/visual effects

Not the other way around.

Hopefully I will be eating my words and it all comes together brilliantly.

#5213 9 years ago

Uh, why not just label it The Ring? Pretty obvious it's a button.

Quoted from juanton:

And then there is this......

10702099_909516042444878_7929110262114027095_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

#5255 9 years ago

Good to know.

Did you happen to ask Jack what the stupid upper flipper was for?

Quoted from michiganpinball:

Played the game at MPE when it was being set up the night before the show. I also played the game at Chicago Expo. IMO the game is a lot more engaging than the one at expo was (which is to be expected) but I was glad to see it has happened.
The interaction with the pop up trolls is intense and added a lot to the game. The display affects seem much sharper and cooler than the WOZ also. It seemed to play much faster than I would have expected a wide body to play. Unlike WOZ when it was at the stage it also appeared to be very reliable. According to Gary there was not a single issue over the 4 days of constant play. I was at the show the entire time and never saw it opened up. Butch was there but instead of having to work on the game he was working on the Hobbit manual on his laptop.
At expo I had doubts but now I think it will be a good. I do have one pre-ordered and am not worried. The drop targets that go up and down and the trolls and other stuff is enough for Keith to work his magic on. Compared to a Stern LE you are really getting a lot for your $.
I talked to Jack a bit also and his passion is still there as strong as ever. He wants to make the games and has the means to do it and proven that he can build games. I think we all have seen lately how hard a thing that is.

#5288 9 years ago

Whoa! That guy is amazing!!

#5319 9 years ago

Why on Earth does everyone think 30 modes will be so awesome? 30 modes of the same handful of shots over and over again. There's only so much you can do with minimal things to shoot at. They need to completely scrap the whole upper right of the game. I know it will never happen but it should have when the game was on the drawing board and the first "the upper flipper is useless" remark went up waaaaaaaaay back at the beginning. That's been IGNORED since day one… why??? OR why not put something on the left for it to shoot at like a scoop, Troll, ramp anything?

Right now its a mess; useless flipper, some pop bumpers, a hole and an LCD book that is completely redundant (gobs of info already on giant LCD).

I know that making pinball is "HARD" but Jack had feedback from the start about these issues and IGNORED them. Adding more lights, video and sound makes a turd shinier but its still a turd.

#5332 9 years ago

20 months ago.jpg20 months ago.jpg

The upper flipper(s).

Useless then…

Useless now.

#5339 9 years ago

LOL! This is what i think of you guys and your down votes

#5343 9 years ago

Its kinda funny that Pinsiders have to come up with ideas how to use the upper flipper since JJ has no idea.

UPPERFLIPPER.jpgUPPERFLIPPER.jpg
#5362 9 years ago

Hey knobgobbler, FYI I'm paid in full for an SE. Just disappointed how this thing is turning out.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Why is it that everybody with this picture as an avatar makes really douchey anti-JJP posts?

#5363 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Like your posts.
And the upper flipper is used to kill Smaug. Sorry you didn't order one???

If I didnt have one on order I wouldn't care.

#5365 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Hey, man...it was only ONE knob, and I was in prison. What did you expect me to do?

Ha ha! Nice.

#5367 9 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I love how the popup monsters can be hit from the top and the side. So much about this game is impressing me.

Popup Monster! That's what my wife calls me

#5383 9 years ago
Quoted from Zebulon-74:

VIDEO MODE on The Hobbit?.?.?.
Yes! Could be epic!
or
No! Absolutely not!
Thoughts...

Heh, the whole game is already a video mode.

#5384 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Perhaps PACMAN is bitter over losing his money on Predator, which he lists in his gameroom, and is taking it out on Hobbit.

Perhaps or maybe I just don't want to get burned again, even if it's by a bitchen dragon.

#5438 9 years ago

Ah balls! Confusing rules? How could that be the two "greater" coders working on the game? I guess I could just hit the flippers non stop like a 4 year old and watch the movie on the display.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I had a chance to play this at MGC with much improved code.
Looks a little better than it did when I played it at expo.
Book still looks forced and out of place. Still to much open space in the center of the game. think it should have been a regular body game, then it would feel about right. Lot of real estate to cover that is just open space.
I played with several groups of 4. The rules were confusing. You have all these arrows lit, some with different colors and nobody could figure out what they were for. Not having things labeled on the playfield, I think is screwing things up. It's relying on the display way to much. Out of all the groups I played with, no one could figure out how we actually start a mode. We were doing stuff, but didn't know what we were doing and why. Only thing we could figure out is lighting the lock and locking the balls for the 3 ball smaug multiball.
Also, those 4 roll overs in the middle of the field, need softer springs in them. the were diverting the path of the ball like crazy. Stick up twice as far as the ones on CV. Might be just how they are mounted or that specific machine, but needs to be adjusted and lowered.
Still like the moving drop targets and some of the ideas with them.

#5470 9 years ago

Why? Did Jersey Jack hire Kevin Koolaid as the new CFO?

Quoted from sj1000:

I am compiling a list of all individuals or businesses who have placed a deposit on the Hobbit or any JJP game. We should be releasing an important Jersey Jack Pinball related website, that will help you, on through major social org (ie; twitter, facebook, etc.). The e-mail is [email protected]. Since this is not an attack on JJP. We would like to see them succeed but do believe they have a serious money issue. We think we have the solution.

1 week later
#5718 8 years ago

That's really, really cool. Thanks for sharing.

"I got a chance to see something pretty special a few weeks ago while on a family vacation in Britain. This is the original dust-jacket design for The Hobbit (book), illustrated by J.R.R. Tolkien himself back in 1937"

#5763 8 years ago

Hobbit update thread with no updates!!!

Time for boobs!

review_hobbit1_1.jpgreview_hobbit1_1.jpg
#5764 8 years ago

Wait wrong picture

#5766 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Isn't that more of a scrotum?

No no no. Look lower

#5812 8 years ago

The START button looks incredible!!!

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 5.42.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-01 at 5.42.04 PM.png
#5813 8 years ago

Is the dragon going to say anything else?

Teeth…

Claws…

Wings…

WIll get very repetitive really fast.

Quoted from TaTa:

The Hobbit: » YouTube video
Latest code

#6003 8 years ago

Maybe they should make the Playfields out of plexiglass. I know that stuff is strong because they made a whale aquarium with it in Star Trek IV

#6035 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Here is an interesting 'perspective' - if you haven't seen it yet.
» YouTube video

Ugh, the camera is all over the place

dog_puking.jpgdog_puking.jpg
#6040 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Don't shoot the messenger

I'm sorry, hugs?

188cpwzk9vli4jpg.jpg188cpwzk9vli4jpg.jpg
#6091 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Ha ha! Already brought some off your mate Al Gator.

then pretty soon you'll encounter...

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg

1 week later
#6190 8 years ago

Consider this.

Jack is building Ferraris

Gary is building Hondas

One takes considerably longer to build than the other.

#6200 8 years ago

I started a gofundme campaign to get all the money back that's been stolen from me through pinside preorders.

My goal is $50,000
http://www.gofundme.com/briqxw

Hobbit, Predator, Big Labowski, La Raza, Magic Girl, Aliens

Please help, any donation is appreciated.

#6202 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

You're gonna need a bigger boa... uh ... goal

Crud you are right, i'll get sucked into pre-ordering a JAWS too through Pinside hype!! I'll add another $9K to my goal.

#6204 8 years ago

MSRP for KISS LE is $8795

Quoted from Goronic:

It's a Stern right? So it won't be 9K

1 month later
#6921 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

We HAD to move the shit show from that other thread to here?

2bucks.jpg2bucks.jpg

#6926 8 years ago

This is just great, he's hinting toward his companies untimely demise. There will be a run on the bank now, err i mean Jersey Jerk Pinball that is. What a pompous ass, I've starting many companies and with MY OWN FRIGGIN MONEY.

runonthebank.pngrunonthebank.png

Normally i do awesome stuff with photoshop but i really don't care anymore.

6 months later
#9187 8 years ago

Ugh, I keep clicking this thread due to new activity but instead of updates it's filled with bickering middle schoolers. Screw it, I'm not clicking on anymore "Hobbit" links. When the game arrives the game arrives.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 25.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=pacman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.