47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Anyone else notice that there are no longer drops below the left and right upper flippers? The layout design shows drop targets in those locations with targets behind them but the white wood shops standard standing targets. Is this how the game will be made or is that just for the white wood and drop targets in those locations will be in the game?
I hope its the last option as come on this is a JJP game and it should have a lot of mechanical toys / features like WOZ.
Update: I do notice a lot of space between the stand up targets and the playfield in front of it. Seems like that space may be intended for the actual drop targets?

14a (1).jpg 238 KB

Think Cyclopse, Class of 1812 and Defender

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I overlaid the CAD blueprint over the whitewood shot, makes it a little easier to see how some things fit together.

hobbit-blueprint-overlay.jpg 113 KB

You have a particular set of skills.

liam_neeson_set_of_skills-bitches.jpgliam_neeson_set_of_skills-bitches.jpg
#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

The video looks incredible. It looks like the LCD graphics will look even better than those on WOZ. So far, I admit that I'm sort of disappointed by the playfield. I think I was hoping to have my mind blown. So far, it looks pretty standard. Perhaps Smaug will be amazing and make up for the rest of the playfield. And, I do recognize that code goes a long way. WOZ is an amazing game, mostly due to the code. Overall, I'm thrilled to be on the Hobbit list.

The meat and potatoes is in the upper 1/3

2 months later
#566 10 years ago
Quoted from karl:

Looking good. I am wondering if there will be some "Shadow" like ramp action since there will be extra buttons (if I understood Jack's seminar speech right?) and those ramps looks like they could have diverter options on them?
Would be fun if that is the case.

The return of dual action flipper button ala RFM/SWEp1
Lots of player controlled stuff going on in this game

#591 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

For the record IMHO it's equally pointless to try and belittle WOZ while talking about your Stern, be it Star Trek or otherwise. It's all pinball, stop choosing sides like you're a bunch of kids arguing about PS4 v Xbox. Lots of us would love to own both. Because we like pinball, not brands and companies.

PS4 is the clear choice.

#815 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm waiting for the extended 3D edition. I've got Hobbit 1 Extended 3D ...not buying each of these things twice.

surprise-with-extenze-results.jpgsurprise-with-extenze-results.jpg
#927 10 years ago

And the drop target/stand up/spinners dual action targets have not been revealed, dual action smaug toy.
As well as the 2 lower pop ups. They could be Trolls or like in TOM they could be cave entrances

Flipper buttons like SWEP1/RFM with dual action buttons to control ramp diverters. This is gonna be a blast !

4 weeks later
#1053 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I thought the Hobbit was supposed to have dual buttons on each side, for the diverters.

Yes it will use buttons like P2K pins had, action/flipper buttons

image.jpgimage.jpg
1 month later
#1374 9 years ago

I've said to Balcer and Jack it would be cool to have Smaug grab the ball and move it to his hoard of treasure for a real ball lock. It also sounds like the tail may interact somehow also. Can't wait to see it in action.

With the 4 lock rollovers in the middle of the pf and Smaug there in the picture, may be the route they are going with that. Don't know. Lite the 4 rollovers, hit Smaug ball saucer on the left of the 5 targets and lock a ball ?

5 months later
#2320 9 years ago

People are really clueless and naive to what was presented at expo, the game was a prototype.

Lockbar button missing, 5" LCD book missing, Smaug body missing with diverter . VUK wireforms missing. New playfield art.
Game will be fantastic. Can't wait Probably some other surprises as well. Something between the top speakers

#2588 9 years ago

More pics from a friend at IAAPA.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-627.jpgimage-627.jpg image-378.jpgimage-378.jpg image-922.jpgimage-922.jpg image-560.jpgimage-560.jpg
#2783 9 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

The question is whether the pre-pay discount will go away as JJP gets to the point of rolling out pins more like Stern. There was a notable discount for WOZ and Hobbit if you were willing to take a chance with Jack, which has paid off. In the future, the "chance" opportunity may go away. So ... are the prices we see for Hobbit today ($8k+) going to be the starting price for Pat's game? We shall see.

Pat's game will be released 3rd 1/4 2015. No teasers, unveiled and ready for sale. The momentum of JJP is finally getting there.

7 months later
#6778 8 years ago

I too bought a. '68 GT with pin money.
I'm still getting a Hobbit.

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 month later
#7688 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You can't think of it this way. More games available = MORE customers. You can't assume every potential JJP buyer wants a Hobbit. Do Stern's multiple titles available at any given time cannibalize sales? No, they bring in more customers as there are more choices - they keep revenue coming in and the factory churning. A pinball company needs multiple titles on the line to be a successful manufacturing company.

Exactly the reason to have game #3 debut at expo at least as a title and a few peeks of info. I plan on getting both. The percentage of game #3 hurting Hobbit sales is minimal in the overall picture.

More choices to potential buyers. It will hurt Stern sales and directly Steve's game. Pinball is on an all time high and competition is good ! Pat's and Steve's game are going head to head

1 week later
#8020 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I am sure GOT will have a better layout than hobbit. Also will most likely have a 3rd flipper with an actual target made for the 3rd flipper.

Hear GoT has an upper pf with 2 full size flippers and an obvious dragon toy and no LCD. Just what I've been hearing from sources, no pics have leaked yet.

2 months later
#8871 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Latest I've seen is still that JJP "hopes" to have Hobbit on the line this fall (i.e. by late December). So if they can stick to that hopefully the first owners will be receiving games early in 2016.

Sooner

#8875 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Each passing day lowers the likelihood.
Wouldn't it be nicer to see pictures of wiring harnesses being strung onto playfields, instead of pictures of playfield plastics arriving?
At this point, time isn't money. Time is time.

I was told tentative Nov 17th the line fires up.
I guess we see next week in 6 days if any new pics get posted...

2 months later
#9258 8 years ago

I do wish JJP was more frequent posting updates and pics, even more activity of progression of games. A few posts and pics go a long way on Facebook as people talk and can share.

They are making progress up to #45 currently in pf assembly in the que and plenty of cabs are awaiting assembled pf's. Here's a couple from last weekend.

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#9269 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Neither group is likely to be convinced otherwise, so we see the same arguments played out over and over again.

Like politics

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1?tu=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.