Topic Stats

• 10,044 posts
  • 743 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 96 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 714 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HOB (resized).jpg
hobbit (resized).JPG
IMG_1529 (resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_4364_(resized).jpg
IMG_4363_(resized).jpg
No.gif
IMG_9476_(resized).JPG
47_(resized).jpg
hobbit-PF_(resized).jpg
IMG_9634_(resized).JPG
youtube_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
IMG_4594_(resized).jpg
IMG_4602_(resized).jpg
IMG_4608_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattsmith.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#486 5 years ago

The JJP bashing/joking really isn't called for. The guy wanted to improve something he loves and he did. He put together a pinball company and produced a quality game that beats the standards of most games if not all in build quality, technology and in some areas innovation. The theme might not be for some but it's a high quality piece of mechanical art. I've spoken with Jack before and he's a standup guy. All companies have hiccups, especially new ones but in the end JJP delivered. The Hobbit pinball should be another great pin with some new things possibly never done before in pinball.

As always you can speak with your pocket book. If you don't want something for whatever reason, don't buy it. I'm seriously happy that pinball is still being manufactured and that so many people are excited about it. Dump the negative speak. We're in good times guys. Don't take it for granted.

8 months later
#3445 5 years ago

I think TH will be a modders paradise. It's a great looking pin and the theme and content is very rich. I personally would like to see a Smaug with a neck along with a full back head. The flat back of the head and appearance the head just sits on top of a pile of gold looks odd to me. I never could conceive how the flat back of the head / mountain landscape was ever going to work. If a mountain would encompass that area it would cover Smaug's head. I'm just not sure what is going on there but it appears whatever they were doing they decided to scrap it and were left with the head the way it is now.

The water / barrels area seems it could receive more to make use of a very cool scene. The book / screen appears to interrupt that area. All things I think a good modder could make use of. I really feel if there are folks out there with the skill and time these things will be adjusted and the game will look even better.

The Hobbit is going to be a game you'll want in your line-up.

3 months later
#5318 4 years ago

How about a burst of hot air shot at you from the back box when Smaug blows fire. That would be a cool effect.

You could give that top center insert a purpose on the game unless there is some surprise already planned for that area.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattsmith.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside